Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    For those that do not believe in God feel free to give what you think would
    be important if God were real.
    Faith. Love. Loyalty. Obedience.

Just off the top of my head, you understand.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Is that what you think 'What is important to God' would be for those that do not believe in God - if God were real? I would have thought KellyJay's question was better answered by those it was addressed to ~ those who do not believe in God.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:501 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is that what you think 'What is important to God' would be for those that do not believe in God - if God were real? I would have thought KellyJay's question was better answered by those it was addressed to ~ those who do not believe in God.
    I don't really care what those who do not believe in God thinks is important to God.

I was answering the question, if you don't mind too terribly much (and even if you do).
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 10:04
    I don't really care what those who do not believe in God thinks is important to God.

I was answering the question, if you don't mind too terribly much (and even if you do).
    I rather thought that the OP question was for those that do not believe in God. Do you really think Christian Kelly Jay is asking Christian Suzianne "What is important to God?" with this OP?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 10:29
    Well, as you know, I don't believe in your God figure ~ that is to say the God figure you describe and talk about and who presumably affects your behaviour and thinking with regard to spirituality as demonstrated on this forum (as I don't know you in any other context).

But if the God you worship were real (to someone like me) it would be important to Him to reveal Himself to all mankind so that all could be "saved" and live their lives in accordance with His wishes and itwould have been important to Him and to all humans that He had done this right down through history.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 10:36
    It depends on what sort of God. For a loving God, it would obviously be important that whatever is best for the people he loves come about eg happiness, longevity etc.
    The argument from evil observes that since this doesn't seem to be the case one of the following is probably the case:
    1. God is not loving.
    2. God does not exist.
    3. God has unknown reasons that stop him from being loving or override his love.
    4. We don't know whats good for us.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I rather thought that the OP question was for those that do not believe in God.
    No, it is not clear. It could have been addressed to both believers and unbelievers.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 10:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it is not clear. It could have been addressed to both believers and unbelievers.
    Yes. I can see that now. Fair enough. Apologies to Suzianne.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:10
    Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:6-8 KJV)
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He hath shewed thee, O man ...[text shortened]... t to [b]do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:6-8 KJV)[/b]
    Love those verses!
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:46

Love would be the only one I can concur with.

Faith seems nonsense. Why believe anyone for nothing instead of trusting someone based on previous experiences?

Loyalty/Obedience: Is there much of a difference between these two? God and I never made an agreement when I started this life. Why should he expect me to follow his rules, when we never agreed on the terms and conditions?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 12:41
    What is important to God is Christ His Son.

That is not only Christ Himself but Christ wrought and dispensed into man.
    The uniting of divinity with humanity for a oneness of God and man is why He created the universe. And it is also why He did all things including coming to die a redemptive death and rise again and come as Spirit to indwell.

The last two chapters of the Bible - Revelation 21 and 22 show the consummation and climax of all God's work. And that is the enlarged Christ, the expanded Christ, the city Christ as a corporate expression of the mingling of divinity and humanity.

She is a symbol called New Jerusalem. God became a man so that man might become God in life and nature yet not in His Godhead. All the communicable attributes of God are wrought into and dispensed into His saved people.

Read more at http://www.godseconomy.org/
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 13:59
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Love would be the only one I can concur with.

Faith seems nonsense. Why believe anyone for nothing instead of trusting someone based on previous experiences?

Loyalty/Obedience: Is there much of a difference between these two? God and I never made an agreement when I started this life. Why should he expect me to follow his rules, when we never agreed on the terms and conditions?
    It is possible that you are following his rules without knowing it.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It is possible that you are following his rules without knowing it.
    Sure, but likewise it's possible that I would not be following his rules without knowing it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree