1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 03:351 edit
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/26/obama-doesnt-attend-church-so-as-not-to-distract-others-says-advisor/

According to Obama, the reason he does not attend church is that he is too much of a distraction.

Is this the real reason?

Here are some other reasons I can think of.

1. Rev. Wright makes secret house calls.

2. Obama gets bored learning more about himself that he already knows.

3. When praying, none of the church's in Washington face Mecca.

4. He simply does not have the time since "tee time" is around 8 AM.

5. He can't seem to be able to find a church that embraces gay sex, abortion on demand, and pathological lying.

6. Obama grows tired of all the stupid literalists taking the time to read the Bible.

7. When singing psalms, Michelle gets odd looks as she sings a deep base.

8. Obama fears his two daughters may convert to Christianity, which would cause him to be forced into honor killings, but at times secretly wishes his wife would convert to Christianity.

9. God did not contribute any money to his Presidential campaigns.

10. When they pass the offering around the church, none of the money goes to him. The church refuses to pay him his fair share.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 03:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/26/obama-doesnt-attend-church-so-as-not-to-distract-others-says-advisor/

According to Obama, the reason he does not attend church is that he is too much of a distraction.

Is this the real reason?

2. Obama gets b ...[text shortened]... around the church, none of the money goes to him. The church refuses to pay him his fair share.
    If true, the personal reasons are known only to him and God. Fact is that scripture commands us to pray for our leaders.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 03:49

Is this the real reason?

2. Obama gets b ...[text shortened]... around the church, none of the money goes to him. The church refuses to pay him his fair share.
    Do feel any solidarity with Mr Obama as a fellow follower of Christ on any level at all?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:091 edit
    This is an obvious attempt at humor. Granted, there is some truth in the humor which makes it funny, truth you are free to either embrace or reject.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:151 edit
    Well it seems to me he was very interested in the Trinity United Church of Christ and Rev Wright, back in 2007 and many years prior. Under the microscope of the public eye, Obama seems to have opted not to attend service that express the "black separatism theology". I am sure in a couple of years he will be right back with it. Just as Reverend Wright believes, From Wikipedia:

"On June 9, 2009, in an interview with the Daily Press of Newport News, Wright indicated that he hadn't had contact with Obama up to that point because "Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office." Wright also suggested that Obama did not send a delegation to the Durban Review Conference in Geneva on racism because of Zionist pressure saying: "[T]he Jewish vote, the A-I-P-A-C vote, that's controlling him, that would not let him send representation to the Durban Review Conference, that's talking this craziness on this trip, cause they’re Zionists, they would not let him talk to someone who calls a spade what it is."[33] Writing for The Atlantic, Ta-Nehisi Coates characterized Wright's remarks as "crude conspiratorial antisemitism."[34] On June 11, 2009, Wright amended his remarks during an interview with Mark Thompson on his radio program, Make it Plain. "Let me say like Hillary, I misspoke. Let me just say: Zionists... I’m not talking about all Jews, all people of the Jewish faith, I’m talking about Zionists."[35]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

Of course, I may be wrong about this as well. It could be that Obama's interest in Wright was purely political at the time. Once done with his two terms as President, the usefulness of church attendance politically may have come to an end for good.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:26
    Well it seems to me he was very interested in the Trinity United Church of Christ and Rev Wright, back in 2007 and many years prior. Under the microscope of the public eye, Obama seems to have opted not to attend service that express the "black separatism theology". I am sure in a couple of years he will be right back with it. Just as Reverend Wright believes ...[text shortened]... as President, the usefulness of church attendance politically may have come to an end for good.
    Couple of questions.

Do you acknowledge both Mr Obama and Rev. Wright as fellow Christians?

Do you think it's ok for Christians to be involved in politics?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:281 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If true, the personal reasons are known only to him and God. Fact is that scripture commands us to pray for our leaders.
    I pray that the damage inflicted by someone who embraces rampant illegal immigration, shows blatant disregard for the rule of law, continues massive spending, and fans the flames of race division in this country be held to a minimum if at all possible.

But then I'm faced with the possibility that he, like those before him, are simply a form of judgment on a nation that has turned it's collective back on God.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Couple of questions.

Do you acknowledge both Mr Obama and Rev. Wright as fellow Christians?

Do you think it's ok for Christians to be involved in politics?
    The Bible says that you will know them by their fruits.

What kind of fruits do you see with Obama FMF other than Rev. Wright?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:33
    I pray that the damage inflicted by someone who embraces rampant illegal immigration, shows blatant disregard for the rule of law, continues massive spending, and fans the flames of race division in this country be held to a minimum if at all possible.

But then I'm faced with the possibility that he, like those before him, are simply a form of judgment on a nation that has turned it's collective back on God.
    Do you believe that Christians can just agree to disagree about politics and engage in political arenas? The reason I ask is that you have brought this on a Spirituality Forum. Do you not love Mr Obama as your neighbour/enemy as Christian doctrine exhorts you to?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:341 edit
    The Bible says that you will know them by their fruits.

What kind of fruits do you see with Obama FMF other than Rev. Wright?
    I'd be interested in your answers to my questions. If I want to debate their politics I can join you in that on the Debate Forum someday.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that Christians can just agree to disagree about politics and engage in political arenas? The reason I ask is that you have brought this on a Spirituality Forum. Do you not love Mr Obama as your neighbour/enemy as Christian doctrine exhorts you to?
    I detest their twisted interpretation of the gospel. The gospel has nothing to do with our collective salvation Obama likes to talk about, nor does it have anything to do with hatred for Zionism or the rich or bigots.

I look upon these men much like I do Joseph Stalin or Castro in Cuba. The answer is not government nor is it rooted in hate.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:40
    I detest their twisted interpretation of the gospel. The gospel has nothing to do with our collective salvation Obama likes to talk about, nor does it have anything to do with hatred for Zionism or the rich or bigots.

I look upon these men much like I do Joseph Stalin or Castro in Cuba. The answer is not government nor is it rooted in hate.
    You disagree about some interpretation ok but do you acknowledge him (them) as fellow believers in Christ?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Religion and politics seem to be linked at the hip in many regards. This is because both seem to try and address what is wrong with the world as both offer solutions.

As such, they both offer a belief system, one which people will fight to the death to defend. There is no proof that any of these belief systems work, all we have is history and their personal testimony.

Really religion and politics are all we have to try and attack what we perceive to be wrong in the world, which is why those who reject faith of any kind often are left leaning radicals who think government should tackle all the evils in the world.

Over the years I do begin to wonder if the JW's don't have it right, just avoid politics altogether. After all, Jesus did not soil himself with their lot.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:481 edit
    Religion and politics seem to be linked at the hip in many regards. This is because both seem to try and address what is wrong with the world as both offer solutions.

As such, they both offer a belief system, one which people will fight to the death to defend. There is no proof that any of these belief systems work, all we have is history and their perso ...[text shortened]... it right, just avoid politics altogether. After all, Jesus did not soil himself with their lot.
    Both you and Mr Obama seem very interested in politics. Isn't that ok for Christians?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    You disagree about some interpretation ok but do you acknowledge him (them) as fellow believers in Christ?
    They can claim what they like. It really makes little difference to me. As was said, that is between God and them.

But this is not just about Obama. Just look at the filth in political office today. It is all about power and money and corruption.

Could a believer join the mob? I suppose they could, but would that be a good witness I wonder?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree