1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    They can claim what they like. It really makes little difference to me. As was said, that is between God and them.

But this is not just about Obama. Just look at the filth in political office today. It is all about power and money and corruption.

Could a believer join the mob? I suppose they could, but would that be a good witness I wonder?
    So you do not acknowledge your president as a fellow Christian?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Both you and Mr Obama seem very interested in politixs. Isn't that ok for Christians?
    I personally detest politics. What people need to understand, if at all possible, is the truth about politics. They need to understand that there is only one true Shepherd who cares about them.

In 1 Samuel 8 God is rejected by Israel as they clamor for a king to be like all the other nations. God then sends his prophet to warn them about what they want and all the abuses that they will incur with sinful man as their king instead of him. But they will not take a no, so he gave them what they wanted.

Of course, kings and world leaders often will not take rejection as they force themselves on the people. That is because their ways are so wonderful that they are compulsory for all.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 05:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you do not acknowledge your president as a fellow Christian?
    I acknowledge he says that he is a Christian.

As for Obama, I only know what I read about him and see on TV and the way people respond to his policies.

Hitler also claimed to be a Christian. Do you think this was out of political need or was he really a follower of Jesus?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 05:06
    I personally detest politics. What people need to understand, if at all possible, is the truth about politics. They need to understand that there is only one true Shepherd who cares about them.

In 1 Samuel 8 God is rejected by Israel as they clamor for a king to be like all the other nations. God then sends his prophet to warn them about what they wan ...[text shortened]... es on the people. That is because their ways are so wonderful that they are compulsory for all.
    Do you think all Christians should detest politics for the same reasons you do?
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 05:101 edit
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/26/obama-doesnt-attend-church-so-as-not-to-distract-others-says-advisor/

According to Obama, the reason he does not attend church is that he is too much of a distraction.

Is this the real reason?

Here are some other reasons I can think of.

1. Rev. Wright makes secret house calls.

2. Obama gets b ...[text shortened]... around the church, none of the money goes to him. The church refuses to pay him his fair share.
    According to Obama, the reason he does not attend church is that he is too much of a distraction.

He's too distracting for his shirt,
    too distracting for his shirt,
    so distracting it hurts....
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 05:11
    I acknowledge he says that he is a Christian.

As for Obama, I only know what I read about him and see on TV and the way people respond to his policies.

Hitler also claimed to be a Christian. Do you think this was out of political need or was he really a follower of Jesus?
    I am not asking you about Hitler. I am asking whether, despite your political disagreements, you think Mr Obama is a Christian.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 08:55
    They can claim what they like. It really makes little difference to me. As was said, that is between God and them.

But this is not just about Obama. Just look at the filth in political office today. It is all about power and money and corruption.

Could a believer join the mob? I suppose they could, but would that be a good witness I wonder?
    As my Dad used to say: "There are few candidates running for this high office of presidential timber". What's lacking in our federal government is the integrity, courage and vision of leadership. All branches are overrun with administrators.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    As my Dad used to say: "There are few candidates running for this high office of presidential timber". What's lacking in our federal government is the integrity, courage and vision of leadership. All branches are overrun with administrators.
    Do you acknowledge and accept Mr Obama as a fellow follower of Christ despite your political disappointment with him?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:221 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you acknowledge and accept Mr Obama as a fellow follower of Christ despite your political disappointment with him?
    No thanks. You'll just have to become accustomed to droning on contentiously without the benefit of my earnest replies.

1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment."
    1 Corinthians 3:3-4 "... for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not mere men?"
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:58
    No thanks. You'll just have to become accustomed to droning on contentiously without the benefit of my earnest replies.

1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment."
    1 Corinth ...[text shortened]... e men? For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not mere men?"
    I don't think it was a contentious question. I am interested in whether your sense of Christian fellowship supersedes your political disagreements. This seems not to be the case with whodey.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 11:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think it was a contentious question. I am interested in whether your sense of Christian fellowship supersedes your political disagreements. This seems not to be the case with whodey.
    In the past I have given much evidence that Obama is more Muslim than Christian. He has referred to his Muslim faith several times.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 13:38
    I think the issue is the centralization of power. As we all know, power corrupts. Man was never meant to have absolute power, only God should have such power.

Over the years power has been centralized to the Executive to the point where the Executive runs pretty much everything.

So the issue for me is the system. I have no interest in trying to elect the best candidate dictate.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 16:58
    I think the issue is the centralization of power. As we all know, power corrupts. Man was never meant to have absolute power, only God should have such power.

Over the years power has been centralized to the Executive to the point where the Executive runs pretty much everything.

So the issue for me is the system. I have no interest in trying to elect the best candidate dictate.
    Question: Is "the centralization of power" inevitable in a once proud republic that has devolved into a democracy of uninformed voters in recent decades since War II or does it reflect the power lust of those in office or both?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 17:442 edits
    Question: Is "the centralization of power" inevitable in a once proud republic that has devolved into a democracy of uninformed voters in recent decades since War II or does it reflect the power lust of those in office or both?
    Looking at history, it would appear that the collectivization of power is natural. Men seek power and men seek a king. The problem arises that we have a fallen nature, so men tend to seek a king other than that of his creator.

What we are witnessing, and have witnessed, is the continued failure of the experiment of man to try and replace God. At the end of days, this history lesson will simply be proof that man needs God. We are being schooled.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 18:32
    I pray that the damage inflicted by someone who embraces rampant illegal immigration, shows blatant disregard for the rule of law, continues massive spending, and fans the flames of race division in this country be held to a minimum if at all possible.

But then I'm faced with the possibility that he, like those before him, are simply a form of judgment on a nation that has turned it's collective back on God.
    So in other words, you hate Bush Jr.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree