1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 23:112 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Exodus 21
    20“If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21“If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

The provision is there to help the courts to determine deliberate murder from an bad thrashing which was not premeditated murder ...[text shortened]... ar of a man before justice as to how he treats his servants, I would like someone to produce it.
    Seems that you don't understand the context of my post which is the following:

Okay, I'll try to make it as simple as possible. Your statements are in the quote boxes that follow. The passages that follow each of your statements prove that they are not true.

God would never approve of that type where so much cruelity was inflicted on those poor humans.

Exodus 21
    20“If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21“If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

Clearly God permitted slaves to be severely beaten - even to the point of death (so long as the slave doesn't die within "a day or two" ) .

The only slavery God approved was when one was in debt to another. Once that debt was worked off, that person was free to go.

Exodus 21
    1“Now these are the ordinances which you are to set before them: 2“If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment. 3“If he comes alone, he shall go out alone; if he is the husband of a wife, then his wife shall go out with him. 4“If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone. 5“But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man,’ 6then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.

Clearly God also approved of the enslavement of children borne of a slave whose wife was given by the master. Clearly God also approved of slaves who do not want to abandon their wives and children being made permanent slaves.

Leviticus 25
    44‘As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you.45‘Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. 46‘You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves.

Clearly God also approved of slaves that were acquired from pagan nations and other foreigners being made permanent slaves.

And the following:
    Perhaps if we only focus on part of the issue, you'll be able to see the TRUTH.

Let's look at Exodus 21:20-21

Exodus 21

Clearly God permitted slaves to be severely beaten - even to the point of death (so long as the slave doesn't die within "a day or two" ) .

Let's look at the Watchtower Online Library article:
    Cruel and abusive slavery was not allowed under God’s Law to Israel. While masters were allowed to discipline their slaves, excesses were forbidden. A slave killed by his master was to be avenged. (Exodus 21:20)

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011251?q=slavery&p=par

The article you cited states that "cruel and abusive slavery was not allowed" and that "a slave killed by his master was to be avenged".

However the TRUTH is that God permitted slaves to be severely beaten - even to the point of death (so long as the slave doesn't die within "a day or two" ).

The article you cited ignores the verse that immediately follows the verse it cites (Exodus 21:20) so as to deceive.

Can you see the TRUTH now?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Please stop calling me a lier or being deceitful as I am neither. Just because I don't agree with you and your ideas means nothing of the sort. Good day.....
    What is "deceitful" is the way you keep from acknowledging Exodus 21:21 and pretending that it doesn't exist. If you don't like it being pointed out, then address it instead of pitching a hissy fit.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 23:182 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Exodus 21

The provision is there to help the courts to determine deliberate murder from an bad thrashing which was not premeditated murder ...[text shortened]... ar of a man before justice as to how he treats his servants, I would like someone to produce it.
    The provision is there to help the courts to determine deliberate murder from an bad thrashing which was not premeditated murder.

Yes. And a "bad thrashing" included anything up to and including death (so long as the slave doesn't die within "a day or two" ).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree