1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 May '17 00:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Death plays to cover up the fact no god gives a shyte about humans, no heaven no hell, just ignored if anything. Tell me about any god's anyone personally saw lately.
    Well. Was reading about the arkansas trail. I don't think people go there and not feel spiritual about our planet. But what would you actually need to see?
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 May '17 00:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    For those who believe in God but do not believe in a hell, what role does death play?
    I don't believe in the capital G God, so I'm out of turn, hope you forgive me. I don't believe in the Christian Hell, either, of course.

Death recycles your spirit. What have you leaned, what do you bring back to the sea?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:09
    Originally posted by apathist
    I don't believe in the capital G God, so I'm out of turn, hope you forgive me. I don't believe in the Christian Hell, either, of course.

Death recycles your spirit. What have you leaned, what do you bring back to the sea?
    So essentially God brings death because he is a big Lib who wants to 'recycle" things?

No wonder Libs are fanatical about recycling. It's a religious thingy.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Because there is no start to eternity.
    Er.....um.....eternity already started. 😕
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you believe everything that Daniel dreamed was literal?
    As much as I would love to get into a theological discussion about Daniel my only question to this thread was to get peoples beliefs who believe in God but not hell, and you are one of those people.

So do you believe that some simply are never resurrected again or do you believe you will be sipping tea with Hitler some day?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    People who don;t believe as you do, they get hell. Did I nail it.
    No, I think you hit your own thumb with the hammer.

If you were paying attention I said that strictly speaking everyone who dies, Christian or not goes to Hell - which is Hades which is the Old Testament Sheol.

Since actually Hell means the whole realm of death - the spirit and soul separated from the physical body - everyone who experiences this goes to Hell (or Hades).

The eternal fire is prepared for the devil and his angels and for all those whose names are not recorded in the book of life. In the vernacular usage this has come to be referred to as Hell.

This book of life is not "the book of all those who agree with sonship". That it represents those who agree with me personally is a twisting on your part. The book of life is also called of the Lamb. The Lamb of God is Jesus Christ Who died that you and I might be saved from eternally being unreconciled to God.

It is not a controversy with me that causes someone to perish in the lake of fire.
    It is having a controversy with Jesus Christ which causes that.

"Lord Jesus. I use to have a controversy with You. But because of You shedding Your blood for me on Your cross, I understand and believe now that You are able to completely save me from the result of that controversy.

Lord Jesus, I receive You as my Lord and Savior right now. I receive the cleansing of Your finished work of eternal redemption. Thank You Lord Jesus for rescuing me from that eternal second death by the blood of Your sacrifice on my behalf.

Lord Jesus, let us begin a life together now by Your mercy, grace, and faithfulness. Change me O Lord Jesus. Thank You Lord Jesus. Thank You for Your faithfulness Lord. "

That is a good prayer uttered in honesty to remove the dread of eternal damnation and usher one into being one spirit with the Lord Jesus Christ.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 May '17 02:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    That is a good prayer uttered in honesty to remove the dread of eternal damnation and usher one into being one spirit with the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Do you say prayers to remove the dread of eternal damnation?
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 May '17 04:11
    So essentially God brings death because he is a big Lib who wants to 'recycle" things?

No, death happens. God is your mom.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 May '17 04:15
    Er.....um.....eternity already started. 😕
    It was already going. You knew that though. So you are playing one up?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '17 06:14
    As much as I would love to get into a theological discussion about Daniel my only question to this thread was to get peoples beliefs who believe in God but not hell, and you are one of those people.

So do you believe that some simply are never resurrected again or do you believe you will be sipping tea with Hitler some day?
    Why are you so reluctant to say what you believe, are you embarrassed by it?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '17 06:18
    As much as I would love to get into a theological discussion about Daniel...
    But I'm not asking you for a theological discussion about Daniel, as you well know. It's a yes or no answer to my question.

I asked you what you believed about eternal suffering (after 1st death) and you dodged the question and muttered something about us both reading the same Bibl; implying that we should see the words and interpret them the same as it is literal. I then asked you if you thought everything Daniel dreamed was literal, and now you are dodging that also. Why are you dodging?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '17 06:19

Why is it you are willing to glibly discuss politics, but you are not willing to discus in topic questions?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '17 08:415 edits
    I love this song -
    Death Cannot Hold the Resurrection Life.

Tune - https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/639

Lyrics (by Witness Lee)

Hymn 639

SUBJECT: THE RESURRECTION LIFE-CHRIST HIMSELF
    METER: 10.10.10.10.
    AUTHOR: Witness Lee
    COMPOSER: C. T. McCorkell

1 Death cannot hold the resurrection life,
    The life of God eternal manifest;
    ’Tis uncreated, indestructible,
    ’Tis Christ Himself, unconqu’rable, expressed

2 Death cannot hold the resurrection life,
    Though all its force against it may combine;
    Death only gives it opportunity
    To show the boundless pow’r of life divine.

3 Death cannot hold the resurrection life,
    The more interred, the more it multiplies;
    All kinds of suff’ring only help it grow
    And fruits of life abundant realize.

4 Death cannot hold the resurrection life,
    Thru every block and barrier it breaks;
    Conqu’ring the pow’r of darkness and of hell,
    It swallows death and victory partakes.

5 Death cannot hold the resurrection life,
    All of God’s fulness it will manifest;
    God’s righteousness and holiness it yields,
    His glorious image by it is expressed.

6 Oh, may I know this resurrection life,
    In every kind of death its pow’r outpoured,
    In my experience ever realize
    This life is nought but Christ my living Lord.

http://www.witness-lee-hymns.org/hymns/H0639.html
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 May '17 11:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why are you so reluctant to say what you believe, are you embarrassed by it?
    Why aren't you answering the question in the OP?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '17 14:41
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Why aren't you answering the question in the OP?
    He's not answering because I'm dodging.

Please keep up! 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree