What role does death play?

What role does death play?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by caissad4
Death is but a doorway.
😉
If death has a door, you have probably been buried on the cheap (Most likely in a refrigerator).

w

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by caissad4
Death is but a doorway.
😉
Ok, so he has everyone die to go through a doorway as they all wind up in the same place?

Why not just start us off at the other side?

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by whodey
I'm not here to talk about what I believe, I'm here to understand how those who do not believe in a hell view death.

So I would assume that you believe then that God merely will do away with certain people instead of eternal torchure, and then save the rest?
Don't be a twerp or I shall ignore you.

Hell means different things do different people and therefore so does death. I think you refusing to state your opinion is both a misplaced opportunity and indicates which side of the eternal suffering fence you sit.

Unless you extrapolate your beliefs, then this thread is a bit of a dud imo.

Moves
15 May 17

From Biblical accounts it would appear not to be a very fun existence.

For those who believe in God but not hell, what purpose is their for death?
Which death, 1st death or 2nd death?

You see, already it's hard work talking to you.

Moves
15 May 17
1 edit

Ok, so he has everyone die to go through a doorway as they all wind up in the same place?

Your asking for a common sense solution from a god who saw the alternative as keeping billions of people deliberately and supernaturally alive for eternity while he tortures them in the most unimaginable apocalyptic horror. Because they didn't believe in him.

w

Moves
15 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Don't be a twerp or I shall ignore you.

Hell means different things do different people and therefore so does death. I think you refusing to state your opinion is both a misplaced opportunity and indicates which side of the eternal suffering fence you sit.

Unless you extrapolate your beliefs, then this thread is a bit of a dud imo.
I have the same Bible you do. It has been referred to as a lake of fire, it has been referred to as a place of torment, it has been referred to as a place set up for Lucifer and his angels.

I'm indifferent on the topic because it is no up to me. I live the best I can with what I know according to Biblical teaching and let the chips fall where they may with the knowledge that God is just and merciful and has died on a cross for me.

What confuses me though, are people who don't believe in such a place. They think that God either will not resurrect the "bad" people or he will not resurrect any of us, but not send anyone to a place of torment.

I guess I understand the concept of not resurrecting the "bad" ones, even though Revelation clearly contradicts this thought, but why do people think we are all going to the same place? What is the purpose then of death?

Moves
15 May 17

I have the same Bible you do. It has been referred to as a lake of fire, it has been referred to as a place of torment, it has been referred to as a place set up for Lucifer and his angels.

I'm indifferent on the topic because it is no up to me. I live the best I can with what I know according to Biblical teaching and let the chips fall where they may wi ...[text shortened]... but why do people think we are all going to the same place? What is the purpose then of death?
Do you believe everything that Daniel dreamed was literal?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 17

I'm indifferent on the topic because it is no up to me. I live the best I can with what I know according to Biblical teaching and let the chips fall where they may wi ...[text shortened]... but why do people think we are all going to the same place? What is the purpose then of death?
The purpose of death is to leave space and resources for following generations.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
16 May 17

Why not just start us off at the other side?[/b]
Perhaps you should ask the same question of your god. 🙄

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 17

For those who believe in God but do not believe in a hell, what role does death play?
Death plays to cover up the fact no god gives a shyte about humans, no heaven no hell, just ignored if anything. Tell me about any god's anyone personally saw lately.

F

Moves
16 May 17

From Biblical accounts it would appear not to be a very fun existence.
I'll try again. Do you believe in "hell"/torture? How do you view death?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 May 17

Because there is no start to eternity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 17

I'm not here to talk about what I believe, I'm here to understand how those who do not believe in a hell view death.

So I would assume that you believe then that God merely will do away with certain people instead of eternal torchure, and then save the rest?
Don't you know, you are not allowed to ask a question, others here will tell you what to ask
and if they don't like what you are saying they will also tell you what you mean too. You are
not really necessary to any discussion with you.

F

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Don't you know, you are not allowed to ask a question, others here will tell you what to ask
and if they don't like what you are saying they will also tell you what you mean too. You are
not really necessary to any discussion with you.
Why do you think whodey wants to ask about other people's beliefs regarding torture and death without being candid about his own beliefs in this regard?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by sonship...
In the next post maybe I'll speak to the nature of the role of this thing or place called Hell.
People who don;t believe as you do, they get hell. Did I nail it.