Have you watched the video, robbie?
    nope, have you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nope, have you.
    Yes. So you're not going to comment on it?
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:47
    Originally posted by Penguin
    No, his gripe is not about the 72 people per year that he says it averages out to over the last 200 years. It is unfortunate that he highlighted that bit.

His gripe is that JW doctrine says that said 144,000 in total people will go to 'JW Heaven' and that there are many more JW's on the planet right now and through the ages there have been even more in to ...[text shortened]... hat you are saying? And also, is this actually the official JW doctrine?

--- Penguin[/b]
    I have just watched the video and it is essentially saying that only 144000 since Jesus death are allowed to partake of holy bread & wine (and go to JW heaven) and that essentially, the numbers don't add up.

Watch it, it's only 5 minutes long.

-- Penguin.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. So you're not going to comment on it?
    nope, i have no issue with my beliefs, if you wish to discuss them, they are not found
    on video sites but in the pages of the Bible, but i guess its reflective of the type of
    spoon-feeding that is threatening to drag the spirituality forum to the depths of a
    tabloid newspaper.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:513 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I have just watched the video and it is essentially saying that only 144000 since Jesus death are allowed to partake of holy bread & wine (and go to JW heaven) and that essentially, the numbers don't add up.

Watch it, it's only 5 minutes long.

-- Penguin.
    how do you know they do not add up, in fact, how do you know how many persons
    God has selected and in what epoch that selection took place. If you do not know, or
    cannot answer, then why are you making an issue of something that is unanswerable.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:53
    nope, i have no issue with my beliefs, if you wish to discuss them, they are not found
    on video sites but in the pages of the Bible, but i guess its reflective of the type of
    spoon-feeding that is threatening to drag the spirituality forum to the depths of a
    tabloid newspaper.
    You say you have "no issue with [your] beliefs" and yet you are acting rather oddly here when asked about the "the 144,000" thing.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    You say you have "no issue with [your] beliefs" and yet you are acting rather oddly here when asked about the "the 144,000" thing.
    I am not acting oddly at all, i have no issue with it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:54
    how do you know they do not add up, in fact, how do you know how many persons
    God has selected and in what epoch that selection took place. If you do not know, or
    cannot answer, then why are you making an issue of something that is unanswerable.
    Why don't you just watch the short video and then address the question raised?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:55
    I am not acting oddly at all, i have no issue with it.
    Well if you have "no issue with it" why not discuss the question?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well if you have "no issue with it" why not discuss the question?
    there is nothing to discuss. what is it you want to know about the 144,000?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:57
    there is nothing to discuss. what is it you want to know about the 144,000?
    I want to know what your reaction is to the questions raised by the video?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I want to know what your reaction is to the questions raised by the video?
    then ask me the question
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 12:592 edits
    then ask me the question
    My question is what is your reaction to the questions raised by the video?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    My question is what your reaction is to the questions raised by the video?
    I have no comment to make on a video presentations, my beliefs are not based on
    video presentations, but on the Bible, now if you have a serious question about my
    beliefs then feel free to ask me, otherwise, stop wasting your own time and mine alike.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:04
    I have no comment to make on a video presentations, my beliefs are not based on
    video presentations, but on the Bible, now if you have a serious question about my
    beliefs then feel free to ask me, otherwise, stop wasting your own time and mine alike.
    Are you not allowed to talk about "the 144,000" or something? You are behaving very oddly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree