What's the latest on the 144,000?

What's the latest on the 144,000?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Just watch the video, robbie.
Just ask the questions FMF.

F

Moves
12 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The questions you are dodging are in the video.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 12
1 edit

How come the number of JW's who take the unleven bread and sip wine each year at memorial is going up yet the number who can get to heaven is capped at 144,000?

How come entry was capped in 1935 and then uncapped?

Crude summary i know, but it's a start.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jan 12

the scriptures, peter clearly called the gentile christians a chosen race, this coupled
with the fact that Christ told the natural Jews as a whole that the kingdom would be
taken from them and given to another people is incontrovertible proof, that the Israel
of God, is a new creation, made up of persons who are Jews on the inside.
Ok fine so then the names of the tribes are just figurative and symbolic of something else. If so then the entire passage is figurative. You are cherry picking what is symbolic and what is literal in a single sentence. That makes your interpretation nonsense.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
How come the number of JW's who take the unleven bread and sip wine each year at memorial is going up yet the number who can get to heaven is capped at 144,000?

How come entry was capped in 1935 and then uncapped?

Crude summary i know, but it's a start.
Sigh, shall i repeat this again and again and again until it finally sinks in. We have
no way of knowing who have the hope of residing with Christ in the heavens nor of
stating in what epoch those ones would be gathered or in what quantity, neither do
you, nor anyone else. If the numbers are slightly increasing, so what? its
meaningless to draw any conclusions other than to state that there are slightly more
persons professing to have a heavenly hope of residing with the Christ than in
previous epochs of history.

as for being capped, i dont think it was, many of our beliefs, unlike the churches of
Christendom are constantly being revised as new understanding comes to light. If it
was felt that in 1935 or whenever that the majority were somehow sealed and later it
was seen not to be the case, again, so what, its simply meaningless.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Ok fine so then the names of the tribes are just figurative and symbolic of something else. If so then the entire passage is figurative. You are cherry picking what is symbolic and what is literal in a single sentence. That makes your interpretation nonsense.
I am cherry picking nothing, i have stated my beliefs and corroborated them with scripture, you need not accept it.

Moves
12 Jan 12

Cracking read.

Although no response from the self proclaimed holders of God's truth was forthcoming (as usual and expected), I think this thread clearly validates Manny's OP with the JW guy evading questions in a similar fashion to robbie carrobie.

I don't blame robbie or Galveston, it's thier organisations long reach of cultic control.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Cracking read.

Although no response from the self proclaimed holders of God's truth was forthcoming (as usual and expected), I think this thread clearly validates Manny's OP with the JW guy evading questions in a similar fashion to robbie carrobie.

I don't blame robbie or Galveston, it's thier organisations long reach of cultic control.
yawn, if this is the level that your spirituality has taken you to, god knows what you
were like before you were a nominal Christian.

Moves
12 Jan 12

yawn, if this is the level that your spirituality has taken you to, god knows what you
This is nothing to do with personal "spirituality" - nice try btw.

This is about your organisation and your (and your colleagues) continued reluctance to answer specific probing questions about it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 12
1 edit

So we should all model ourselves after you, who, time and again, belittles his fellow Christians and calls them names and denies them?

Not likely. Calling all the Christians here "nominal", who would rather actually follow Christ's teachings than give them lip-service, would seem to show us all what side of the fence you stand on.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
This is nothing to do with personal "spirituality" - nice try btw.

This is about your organisation and your (and your colleagues) continued reluctance to answer specific probing questions about it.
when i was asked, i answered fully, to my knowledge proper knob was the only person
who asked me anything, your thread was and remains idiotic.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
So we should all model ourselves after you, who, time and again, belittles his fellow Christians and calls them names and denies them?

Not likely. Calling all the Christians here "nominal", who would rather actually follow Christ's teachings than give them lip-service, would seem to show us all what side of the fence you stand on.
yes that is correct, either bring your lives into harmony with the model and example of
Jesus Christ or stop calling yourselves Christians. What teaching of Christ do you have
in mind? lets see if you can walk the walk!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jan 12

So according to your belief, what happens to observant christians of other kinds, Catholics, Baptists, Pentacostal, Coptics, etc.?

Moves
12 Jan 12
1 edit

when i was asked, i answered fully, to my knowledge proper knob was the only person
who asked me anything, your thread was and remains idiotic.
Re-read the OP. You calling it idiotic says more about you RC and your silly refusal to look at the link or comment on my (or FMF's) legitimate observations regarding your organisation's claims and scriptural interpretations.

rc

Moves
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
So according to your belief, what happens to observant christians of other kinds, Catholics, Baptists, Pentacostal, Coptics, etc.?
observant christians, what are the observing, do tell.