1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is nothing to discuss. what is it you want to know about the 144,000?
    If you watch the video then you will find out!

It essentially says that in 2008 there were around 10,000 JW's taking the bread and wine (I don't know where that figure comes from though it may have said in the Video). It does some analysis on the reported numbers and basically says that far more than 144000 people must have taken Bread+Wine and yet the JW doctrine says that only the chosen ones can do so.

The conclusion is that a large number of those taking Bread+Wine (JW's high up in the organisation) must be frauds.

But don't take my word for it, watch the bloody video!

--- Penguin.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you not allowed to talk about "the 144,000" or something? You are behaving very oddly.
    I am prepared to talk about it. I am capable of rational thought. Now if you could try
    to leave me out of it FMF, after all, its not abut me, is it, i would appreciate it very
    much, now, what would you like to know.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:08
    I am prepared to talk about it. I am capable of rational thought. Now if you could try
    to leave me out of it FMF, after all, its not abut me, is it, i would appreciate it very
    much, now, what would you like to know.
    The video was apparently made by an active Jehovah's witness. What is your reaction to the questions it raises?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    If you watch the video then you will find out!

It essentially says that in 2008 there were around 10,000 JW's taking the bread and wine (I don't know where that figure comes from though it may have said in the Video). It does some analysis on the reported numbers and basically says that far more than 144000 people must have taken Bread+Wine and yet the JW n) must be frauds.

But don't take my word for it, watch the bloody video!

--- Penguin.
    How do you know they are frauds if you have no way of knowing who God selects and
    in what epoch? The answer is you do not and cannot and therefore all assertions on
    the basis of an unknown variable and its correlations amount to nothing but mere
    unsubstantiated opinion. Now if someone terms you a fraud on the basis of no
    evidence other than a mere supposition of what is unknown, what are you liable to
    think? that is correct, they are simple slanderers and not worth the effort. But i knew
    this and did not need to watch the video to find this out, its a rather sad pattern.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    The video was apparently made by an active Jehovah's witness. What is your reaction to the questions it raises?
    I have nothing to say, i have not watched it nor will I, if you have a question about my
    beliefs you may ask me, i will say this for the last time.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:14
    I have nothing to say, i have not watched it nor will I, if you have a question about my
    beliefs you may ask me, i will say this for the last time.
    Has someone instructed you not to watch the video? Is that it?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has someone instructed you not to watch the video? Is that it?
    no, my beliefs are not based on 'active witnesses' and their video presentations.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:17
    no, my beliefs are not based on 'active witnesses' and their video presentations.
    But the video raises some questions about "the 144,000". I am interested to hear your response to those questions.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    But the video raises some questions about "the 144,000". I am interested to hear your response to those questions.
    then you may ask me.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:18
    then you may ask me.
    OK, then. I will. What is your response to the questions raised in the video?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:19
    How do you know they are frauds if you have no way of knowing who God selects and
    in what epoch?
    By your own words the WT are condemned.

You have no way of knowing who God selects.

How then can the WatchTower claim to have some/all whatever, of the chosen 144,000 when only God knows. You are claiming to know the mind of God or still claiming that the WT gets its knowledge from God when 100% of your prophesies are totally false ?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, then. I will. What is your response to the questions raised in the video?
    my beliefs are not based on a video presentation, but on the bible, if you want to know
    about my beliefs regarding the 144,000, you may ask me. I have nothing to say
    about this video presentation, they do not represent my beliefs.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    By your own words the WT are condemned.

[b]You have no way of knowing who God selects.

How then can the WatchTower claim to have some/all whatever, of the chosen 144,000 when only God knows. You are claiming to know the mind of God or still claiming that the WT gets its knowledge from God when 100% of your prophesies are totally false ?[/b]
    its known only to the individuals, if they claim they are going to heaven, then no one
    can state that they are not. If you for example claimed that you were part of the
    144,000, while I would be rather sceptical, there would be no way for me to prove that
    you were not, would there. The watchtower and bible tract society (a legal entity)
    simply reports the number of persons who claim to have that hope.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:26
    I have nothing to say about this video presentation, they do not represent my beliefs.
    You don't need to say anything about the presentation itself but the questions in it are about "the 144,000". Nobody is claiming that the video "represent[s] [your] beliefs" but it does have some questions which are about your beliefs.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 13:262 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't need to say anything about the presentation itself but the questions in it are about "the 144,000". Nobody is claiming that the video "represent[s] [your] beliefs" but it does have some questions which are about your beliefs.
    my beliefs are not based on a video presentation, but on the bible, if you want to know
    about my beliefs regarding the 144,000, you may ask me. I have nothing to say
    about this video presentation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree