1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 22:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah yes, don't fear those muslim extremists forcing you to make a choice between conversion and death. Don't fear those influenza viruses that have killed in the millions. Don't fear religious wars, don't fear thugs who take over whole countries. All of that angst is not worthy of attention compared to the mansion in heaven.

What a bunch of bull crap.
    Your problem is that you are spiritually blind and don't see the spiritual message and that is why you think it is all foolishness or as you put it, bull crap.

The Instructor
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 00:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your problem is that you are spiritually blind and don't see the spiritual message and that is why you think it is all foolishness or as you put it, bull crap.

The Instructor
    No, I look at the night sky and see wonder, not gods. Hey, if your so-called god wants to come down and talk to me personally, maybe I would listen, after I had myself checked for drug overdoses.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 02:431 edit
    Is Evolution a Religion ?

At Least the Wisconsin Second Circuit Court of Appeal Ruled - Yes.

Michael Ruse - "Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an idealogy a secular religion- a full fledged alternative to Christianity, with its meaning and morality.... Evolution is religion." [National Post 5/13/2000 pg. B-3, my bolding]

Isaac Asimov - "I have faith and belief myself, ... I believe that nothing beyond those natural laws is needed. I have no evidence for this. It is simply what I have faith in and believe."
    [Counting the Ions pg. 10, my bolding]

YouTube
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 03:22
    No, I look at the night sky and see wonder, not gods. Hey, if your so-called god wants to come down and talk to me personally, maybe I would listen, after I had myself checked for drug overdoses.
    You say you look at the night sky and see wonder, but because you can not see gods, you dismiss God as the maker of those wonders. You said nothing about seeing wonder in nature, such as the design and pattern in snowflakes, or flowering plants, birds, and all other animals. You say you see no gods, so my God does not exist, but you say all these wonders must have come about by evilution. You have made evilution your god, becuase evilution you claim is the reason humans have come into existence.

I present this link in hope that you will take the time to view it and consider...

God Of Wonders

YouTube

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 09:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You say you look at the night sky and see wonder, but because you can not see gods, you dismiss God as the maker of those wonders. You said nothing about seeing wonder in nature, such as the design and pattern in snowflakes, or flowering plants, birds, and all other animals. You say you see no gods, so my God does not exist, but you say all these wonders m ...[text shortened]... nd consider...

God Of Wonders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAuGRhZsMCs

The Instructor
    Why do you keep insisting I think of evolution as my god? I don't HAVE a god, don't need one, and positively HATE your god. I think evolution is the correct view based on the evidence and the timelines worked out by diligent scientists who have built up solid evidence and logic about the dates of the past. There is no belief involved.

I have said this before: Show me a 200 million year old lion and all bets are off. Till then, I don't need a god to see that the Earth is billions of years old. That is not belief, that is listening to the evidence.

Not the opinion pieces on a you tube video where your creationist so-called scientists are giving their personal opinion which is decidedly NOT science but showing it for what it is: A bid for religious political power, the power to sway weak minds and to draw more people into their delusions, so they can have more people attack evolution as a science, which they have zero interest in actually doing real scientific work to refute, they simply want to destroy evolution and several other sciences, a built in bias with the agenda to destroy, not learn the truth. They think they already know the truth but they are simply deluded just like a few billion other people. 10 billion people deluded is just that: 10 billion people all deluded into thinking they know the truth when in fact they are just that: deluded. It doesn't matter HOW many people think they know the truth, they can in fact ALL be wrong.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 10:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    Is Evolution a Religion ?

At Least the Wisconsin Second Circuit Court of Appeal Ruled - Yes.

Michael Ruse - "Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an idealogy [b]a secular religion- a full fledged alternative to Christianity,
    with its meaning and morality.... Evolution is religion." ...[text shortened]... [Counting the Ions pg. 10, my bolding]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk94GZPKYik[/b]
    Sometimes I watch videos only partially. This one I couldn't stop listening to until the end. I would advize people to hear it all the way even if it takes an hour.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 15:432 edits
    Why do you keep insisting I think of evolution as my god? I don't HAVE a god, don't need one, and positively HATE your god. I think evolution is the correct view based on the evidence and the timelines worked out by diligent scientists who have built up solid evidence and logic about the dates of the past. There is no belief involved.

I have said this b It doesn't matter HOW many people think they know the truth, they can in fact ALL be wrong.
    I read your criticism as a complaint that Intelligent Design cannot have occurred in nature because that would violate the separation of church and state.

It is simply not sober thinking. And a case could be made that your Evolution is a state sponsored federal government establishment of a secular religion in violation of the US Constitution.

Ironically Darwin himself said the matter of biology should be looked at from more than just one side. Thanks Charles.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 18:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    I read your criticism as a complaint that Intelligent Design cannot have occurred in nature because that would violate the separation of church and state.

It is simply not sober thinking. And a case could be made that your Evolution is a state sponsored federal government establishment of a secular religion in violation of the US Constitution.

Iron ...[text shortened]... lf said the matter of biology should be looked at from more than just one side. Thanks Charles.
    Charlie was suffering from massive cognitive dissonance. He knew full well how life evolves but he was deeply religious and that kind of dissonance can drive people insane.

In your case and RJ's, it just stops your brain from being able to think for itself.

You THINK you are thinking for yourself but in fact you are letting the church dictate your thoughts. You can't help yourself. Religion is more addictive than tobacco, which in the world of medical addiction, nicotine is among the most addictive drugs on planet Earth, far more addictive than heroin, for instance. And religion is more addictive yet. It captures your mind so deeply you don't even know you have been captured, so deep is your delusion.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 23:46
    Charlie was suffering from massive cognitive dissonance. He knew full well how life evolves but he was deeply religious and that kind of dissonance can drive people insane.

In your case and RJ's, it just stops your brain from being able to think for itself.

You THINK you are thinking for yourself but in fact you are letting the church dictate your tho ...[text shortened]... res your mind so deeply you don't even know you have been captured, so deep is your delusion.
    I believe you are the one that is suffering from massive cognitive dissonance.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree