Where does religion come from?

Where does religion come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
What? About everything or something in particular?

You'll forgive me if I have a little chuckle at this post as it seems very childish and not very conducive to good 'debating'.

Remember that I do not view Christianity as a false religion. I have often said that is valid as I have seen the power of it change many lives for the better.
I think ...[text shortened]... ought about whether I am right or wrong about my appraisal of religion in general. Your turn.
I am not in denial that there are positive and negative aspects to religions in general. However, the only hope of eternal life is through Christ Jesus. For He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

The Instructor

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am not in denial that there are positive and negative aspects to religions in general. However, the only hope of eternal life is through Christ Jesus. For He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but through Me."

The Instructor
So you can just tell me that I'm wrong and you're right and you won't even answer what it is that I'm wrong about. You are one piece of work ,pal

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Jun 13

Religious practices, like baptism and like the partaking of communion in the Lord's Supper is also an act of faith in obedience to His commandments.

The Instructor
I make a differentiation between that which is a commandment from God and a ritual practice conducted by man.

Seeking to please God by performance is religious. Obedience to a command facilitates spiritual union between God and man.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by josephw
I make a differentiation between that which is a commandment from God and a ritual practice conducted by man.

Seeking to please God by performance is religious. Obedience to a command facilitates spiritual union between God and man.
You mean like facing Mecca and bowing in worship 5 times a day or to commit suicide to kill as many enemies of your religion as possible in hopes of getting a heavenly reward?

The Instructor

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Jun 13

You mean like facing Mecca and bowing in worship 5 times a day or to commit suicide to kill as many enemies of your religion as possible in hopes of getting a heavenly reward?

The Instructor
Killing yourself is not religious.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Killing yourself is not religious.
Apparently you do not know the Religion of Islam.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jun 13

Apparently you do not know the Religion of Islam.

The Instructor
But you do, eh. So this Allah is the same god as yours, vindictive, war mongering, petty, needing constant attention.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
But you do, eh. So this Allah is the same god as yours, vindictive, war mongering, petty, needing constant attention.
My God is the Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
He loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jun 13
2 edits

My God is the Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
He loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KihQ0rJJXAI

The Instructor
Yes, same god then. But you wouldn't know if your so-called god lied to you either. It was lying to you about killing all those billions of animals to get at a few humans, that never happened. A god would have the power to go, Joe, you tick me off, and zap. But no, you think your god murdered billions of animals to off a few nasty humans. Sure, that could happen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yes, same god then. But you wouldn't know if your so-called god lied to you either. It was lying to you about killing all those billions of animals to get at a few humans, that never happened. A god would have the power to go, Joe, you tick me off, and zap. But no, you think your god murdered billions of animals to off a few nasty humans. Sure, that could happen.
“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

(Matthew 16:23 NIV)

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
18 Jun 13

[b]“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
(Matthew 16:23 NIV)
The Instructor[/b]
Just how could Satan be a stumbling block to an omniscient being ???
You seem to be avoiding answering the question, yet again.
🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jun 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Just how could Satan be a stumbling block to an omniscient being ???
You seem to be avoiding answering the question, yet again.
🙄🙄🙄🙄
I'm not omniscient, so how should I know. What is the question that I seem to be avoiding answering, yet again?

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
18 Jun 13

I'm not omniscient, so how should I know. What is the question that I seem to be avoiding answering, yet again?
The Instructor
I certainly was not implying that you are omniscient, lol.
I suggest you review some of your posts for your routine of avoidance. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
18 Jun 13

Originally posted by caissad4
I certainly was not implying that you are omniscient, lol.
I suggest you review some of your posts for your routine of avoidance. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I think that it is fair comment to say that when it comes to all bible scripture
not one person is an expert no matter which corner you are in.

It is very difficult and even the best of translators have agreed
that they may not have got it all completely correct.

What surprises me is.....if there is a God and he interacted with
humans all that time ago, why is it that he does not do so now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I think that it is fair comment to say that when it comes to all bible scripture
not one person is an expert no matter which corner you are in.

It is very difficult and even the best of translators have agreed
that they may not have got it all completely correct.

What surprises me is.....if there is a God and he interacted with
humans all that time ago, why is it that he does not do so now?
The problem is a serious lack of qualified humans.