Where does religion come from?

Where does religion come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I think that it is fair comment to say that when it comes to all bible scripture
not one person is an expert no matter which corner you are in.

It is very difficult and even the best of translators have agreed
that they may not have got it all completely correct.

What surprises me is.....if there is a God and he interacted with
humans all that time ago, why is it that he does not do so now?
God does interact with humans now through the person of the Holy Spirit.

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
God does interact with humans now through the person of the Holy Spirit.
The Instructor
Here, lie down on this couch. Let me get you a glass of water and you can tell me all about your conversations with this "person of the holy spirit".
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Here, lie down on this couch. Let me get you a glass of water and you can tell me all about your conversations with this "person of the holy spirit".
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
You apparently don't know the Holy Spirit.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jun 13

The Instructor
AND, I don't want to.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
AND, I don't want to.
What a shame for you to have such a bad attitude.

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Jun 13

The Instructor
And I don't know the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Great Pumpkin.
🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 13

And I don't know the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Great Pumpkin.
🙄🙄🙄🙄
Those google eyes make you look stupid.

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Jun 13

Those google eyes make you look stupid.
The Instructor
Careful what you say or the Holy Spirit of Santa Claus might just bite you on the butt. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Where can I get some of that stuff you're smoking?
This post is meant to answer the opening question by Sonhouse.

Wrong question...........

You may only ask the question where does religion come from after you know what relgion is - and then be able know the difference between true relgion and false relgion.

There is no use wanting to know where religion comes from - if you do not know what true relgion is.

There is not a single person in this forum who knows what true religion is..............and they also cannot distinguish the difference between true religion and false religion.

I informed this forum weeks ago that there is only one worthy discussion to have in this forum ........and that is the discussion to determine what the difference is between true religion and false relgion.

The answer can only be found in the 18000 verse..... "Srimad Bhagavatham" authored by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by Dasa
This post is meant to answer the opening question by Sonhouse.

Wrong question...........

You may only ask the question where does religion come from after you know what relgion is - and then be able know the difference between true relgion and false relgion.

There is no use wanting to know where religion comes from - if you do not know what true relg ...[text shortened]... erse..... "Srimad Bhagavatham" authored by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada.
Do you mean ORGANIZED religion?

Because I think I know what "true religion" is and I dont think any organized religion can be true.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jun 13

When you say organized relgion..................you are going into a grey area because being organized does not make anything false or wrong.

However what you have probably experienced in your life is aberrations connected to organized relgion and therefore concluding that aberrations exist because of organization.

Are you wanting true relgion not to be organized because do you think if true relgion is organized it turns into false relgion?

The fact of the matter is this........

There is only one true relgion on the face of this earth - and that relgion is the eternal relgion described and taught in the Vedas.

All other religions are not eternal and have been fabricated by mundane man only recently in history.

The Vedas have not been fabricated recently in history by mundane man .......but have existed for eternity and have been inaugurated into civilization by the Lord Himself.

The Vedas consist of hundreds and thousands of spiritual texts written in Sanskrit the worlds first and most perfect language.

How is it that the worlds most perfect language ( Sanskrit) existed before the Pyramids?

And how is it the Vedas that comprise of millions of verses of true knowledge existed also before the Pyramids.

The answer is because the Vedas are eternal and are perfect and are the source of true relgion............(the one true organized relgion)

k

Moves
25 Jun 13

There is not a single person in this forum who knows what true religion is..............and they also cannot distinguish the difference between true religion and false religion.
Do you include yourself in this statement?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Jun 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Do you mean ORGANIZED religion?

Because I think I know what "true religion" is and I dont think any organized religion can be true.
Dasa thinks his religion is the THE religion.
RJHinds thinks his religion is THE religion.
One or both are certainly wrong.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jun 13
1 edit

Dasa thinks his religion is the THE religion.
RJHinds thinks his religion is THE religion.
One or both are certainly wrong.
Your comment is childish.

I have just given you the reasons why there is only one true religion.

If Christianity was also eternal (which it is not) and if Christianity also presented true knowledge (which it does not)................then Christianity would also be a contender to be concluded as true religion.

It has nothing to do with your comment about..... (my relgion versus your relgion) which is quite a silly comment and a comment you have put no thought into.

Please caissa 4 ..... ....be honest and think before you post.

Moves
25 Jun 13

Your comment is childish.

I have just given you the reasons why there is only one true religion.

If Christianity was also eternal (which it is not) and if Christianity also presented true knowledge (which it does not)................then Christianity would also be a contender to be concluded as true religion.

It has nothing to do with your comment abou ...[text shortened]... you have put no thought into.

Please caissa 4 ..... ....be honest and think before you post.
who decides which religion is a 'contender'?