1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:21
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Fundamentalists of any religion are the worst. They are responsible for terrorism. Religion has nothing to do with it. They all kill in their respective god.

Among the fundamentalists the terrorists are recruited. It's the fundamentalists we have to fear.
    The only thing I worry about as far as Islam goes, is the idea they would push for a totally religious state, enforcing those barbaric Sharia laws, women can't work, can't drive, get stoned if they are even accused of adultery, guilty until proven innocent.

Kind of like what happened in the Salem Witch trials.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It might be more instructive to ask which society on Earth is the least violent? It would be the Amish and Hutterite communities, which are Christian.
    Go join them if you like them so much. do they pay you for PR?

You are talking about sub-sets of societies not whole nations, In which case you could
    trivially easily find other (and non-religious) groups that are equally (if not more) peaceful.

However if you are talking about nations then the Amish and Hutterites live in and are
    protected by the USA, which is mainly Christian in make up also. And is far from peaceful.

You make yet more unfounded assertions, that are trivially demonstrable as being false.

I thought you claimed to be good at debating. (rhet)

As for the question in the OP.

I don't think it's particularly useful discussion but.

In terms of the religion (as espoused in the relevant holy books before 'interpretation'😉 they
    are about par, Sharia law being pretty similar to Mosaic law, and both espousing slavery and
    genocide.

However, Over the aeons Christian communities (and countries) have in general been civilised
    by secular influences to a far far greater extent than their Islamic equivalents.
    This means that in today's world I would say that the practitioners of Islam are (in general/on average)
    more violent/dangerous than the Christian equivalent.

And they are centuries behind in moral development.

However this is much like saying Hitler was better than Stalin because Stalin killed more people.
    Both religions are bad, and we would be better off without them.

NOTE:
    Please note I am discussing the moral values and teachings of the religions, and not the people following them.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:48
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Go join them if you like them so much. do they pay you for PR?

You are talking about sub-sets of societies not whole nations, In which case you could
    trivially easily find other (and non-religious) groups that are equally (if not more) peaceful.

However if you are talking about nations then the Amish and Hutterites live in and are
    protected by ...[text shortened]... cussing the moral values and teachings of the religions, and not the people following them.
    That was a lot of time wasted.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    sigh, why did you not include Godless regimes like communism, its has killed more
    than all other religions put together, but shhh, dont tell the atheists, they dont like it to
    be known, Russia, China, Cambodia, Albania!
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:54
    That was a lot of time wasted.
    No time spent annoying you is ever wasted.
    Also I type fast, so it really wasn't much time at all.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 23:58
    Islam was responsible for the Crusades? It seems to me that the Christian countries invaded the Muslim ones and not the other way around.
    Then you have no understanding of history, to add to the list of subject you don't
    understand.

The Crusades were a reaction to the spreading tide of nations conquered by Islam.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 00:20
    many ideologies are violent, what matters who are the better killers?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 00:27
    The war in Sri Lanka sort of put the kibosh on that notion, didn't it?
    Yes it did 🙁

Still there have been many examples where buddhists priests have refused to bless wars and plenty of examples where christian popes were just waiting to give their blessing to which ever side won (WW2)
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 00:27
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No time spent annoying you is ever wasted.
    Also I type fast, so it really wasn't much time at all.
    You don't annoy me. It's just not worth wasting a lot of time communicating with you.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 01:37
    You don't annoy me. It's just not worth wasting a lot of time communicating with you.
    This would be more convincing if you had EVER produced a semblance of a counter argument to any
    point I had made.

However it is also useful pointing out the flaws in your arguments for anyone else who might read
    them and be taken in.

As your arguments are usually pathetically flimsy, it really doesn't take much time or effort.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 02:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sigh, why did you not include Godless regimes like communism...
    Maybe because the Thread Topic is "Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam?"
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 02:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Islam of course. They are resposible for the crusades.
    Are you saying that all the Muslims killed by Christians during the nine Crusades should be chalked up on the 'Islam killing' side of the scorecard?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 02:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe because the Thread Topic is "Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam?"
    sigh, as i hold that atheism is a religious stance your point is well, rather pointless!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 02:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sigh, as i hold that atheism is a religious stance your point is well, rather pointless!
    But, robbie, "Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam?" is a different question and therefore a different topic from "Which is worse for killing, religion or atheism?" I don't see how your raising of a different topic aids the discussion.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 02:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    But, robbie, "Which religion is worse for killing, Christianity or Islam?" is a different question and therefore a different topic from "Which is worse for killing, religion or atheism?" I don't see how your raising of a different topic aids the discussion.
    ok so its restricted to Islam and Christianity, my bad, prostrates himself on the ground
    and begs forgiveness!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree