Who created evil?

Who created evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
Okay. As far as God 'taking away', as painful as it may be, the only explanation offered is:

We don't yet understand His will for us, or why it has happened, but should trust that He knows what He's doing.
You have another explanation? What I know is things happen to us all some we call good and some we call bad. I believe God has us through thick and thin, good times and bad, and no matter what He promises to never leave us or forsake us. So we don't have to fear any event!

c

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You have another explanation? What I know is things happen to us all some we call good and some we call bad. I believe God has us through thick and thin, good times and bad, and no matter what He promises to never leave us or forsake us. So we don't have to fear any event!
I appreciate what you are saying. But you are maintaining that some of the bad things that happen to us....is caused by God, on purpose?

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

I don't think so.
If the Bible says that God causes calamity, and one takes that literally, then they are forced to believe it.

There is no 'wiggle room' for a literalist to believe in only the portions of the Bible that makes sense.

Why eternal hell? Why is God purposely putting a hungry lion in my path? Neither makes any sense.
No, you are missing the point of my post on page, second from top.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Yes, God gives and takes away.
No, that's no what chaney3 nor I asked you.

You were asked if you agree with God when he says in scripture "I cause calamities and disasters"? You were not asked about God "giving and taking away". Try to face up to the truth KellyJay.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

This is not about good times and bad times, not about thick and thin, nor about any other wishy-washy film-flam.

The question is:
Do you agree with God when he states in scripture "I cause calamities and disasters"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
This is not about good times and bad times, not about thick and thin, nor about any other wishy-washy film-flam.

The question is:
Do you agree with God when he states in scripture "I cause calamities and disasters"?
Funny thing is God [through isaiah] did not even have to say that so clearly. Anyone reading through Bible stories can see that in action.

c

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
As you seem to be going through a rather lucid patch let's explore this some more.

God is either in control or he's not. He's either accountable or he's not. The opinion in here from Christians seems to deny scripture.

But let me offer them a negotiation...if they can accept that the scriptures on eternal hell are either not literal, or are a p ...[text shortened]... or the scriptures indicating that god is creating evil.

What do you think, will they accept?
I guess I don't quite understand this post, or the negotiation that you are offering.

Because after going through this thread again, it seems that only dj2becker will not admit that God created evil, as it clearly states in Isaiah.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
I sent you a PM conceding "victory" to you and telling you had ground me down and you need not drone on anymore with the same answered-questions over and over again in the way you were ~ and it was nothing I had not said in public already. I then took a break from interacting with you for quite a long time. A PM to inform you seemed like the right thing to do a ...[text shortened]... the only person who was doing so at that time. If you don't think it was "mature", fair enough.
Hmmmmmmmm... sounds familiar.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Aug 17

I appreciate what you are saying. But you are maintaining that some of the bad things that happen to us....is caused by God, on purpose?
Everything God has planned for us is good. There is evil in this world where things are indeed evil. God is not evil, neither can He be tempted with it. That said we are in this place where we can be confronted with all types of things, do we respond in kind when it is evil or evil when confronted with good? God is completely in control, but He gives us choices and He is allowing both love and evil to completely reveal themselves for what they are.

We are all witnessing this play out.

c

Moves
03 Aug 17

Everything God has planned for us is good. There is evil in this world where things are indeed evil. God is not evil, neither can He be tempted with it. That said we are in this place where we can be confronted with all types of things, do we respond in kind when it is evil or evil when confronted with good? God is completely in control, but He gives us c ...[text shortened]... evil to completely reveal themselves for what they are.

Isaiah 45:7 claims that God created evil. Now even if the translation is off a little, and evil means....calamity or disaster, it still implies that God created it.

Do you agree with this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Aug 17
1 edit

Everything God has planned for us is good. There is evil in this world where things are indeed evil. God is not evil, neither can He be tempted with it. That said we are in this place where we can be confronted with all types of things, do we respond in kind when it is evil or evil when confronted with good? God is completely in control, but He gives us c ...[text shortened]... evil to completely reveal themselves for what they are.

You are one funny Christian
Everything God has planned for us is good?

Suffering
Tribulation
Torment
Punishment
Destruction
Damnation
Are you up to date in current affairs?
Have you read Revelation?

Yep .. all good stuff.

F

Moves
03 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Hmmmmmmmm... sounds familiar.
Handy Andy 'published' your PM on the General Forum and so people saw the nature of it. Fetchmyjunk is welcome to publish mine: it was not a deranged toxic rant laced with ridiculous narcissistic paranoia and laughable threats. It was a calm and weary explanation of why I was going to disengage with him, which I did. You promised you were going to stop engaging me and then leave the site for good because of me. You didn't keep either of these promises. ๐Ÿ˜‰

c

Moves
03 Aug 17

Handy Andy 'published' your PM on the General Forum and so people saw the nature of it. Fetchmyjunk is welcome to publish mine: it was not a deranged toxic rant laced with ridiculous narcissistic paranoia and laughable threats. It was a calm and weary explanation of why I was going to disengage with him, which I did. You promised you were going to stop engaging me and then leave the site for good because of me. You didn't keep either of these promises. ๐Ÿ˜‰
I found nothing wrong with her 'published PM', and you instigated the entire fiasco by sharing a PM with friends, which was wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Aug 17
1 edit

... You promised you were going to stop engaging me and then leave the site for good because of me. You didn't keep either of these promises. ๐Ÿ˜‰
You cant believe anything a woman says... a Christian woman .. even worse
๐Ÿ˜€

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Aug 17

Isaiah 45:7 claims that God created evil. Now even if the translation is off a little, and evil means....calamity or disaster, it still implies that God created it.

Do you agree with this?
I answered this already.