1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 06:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    To be as honest as I can, so take it or leave it as that's up to all of you, but I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments even though sadly I know that's where it will usually always end up. I truly wish it wouldn't but I guess that's life.
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe ...[text shortened]... versation on this subject. If not then don't respond and just simply go somewhere else.
    and most of em complain about RJ playing the spam game
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 07:01
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions .....
    That is a lie. The very first response to your OP was VoidSpirit's honest opinion yet you then say:
    Well I take this as no one has an idea of the differance. That's sad as knowledge can mean life. I guess that doesn't matter here with these silly comments.

You clearly have no interest whatsoever in others opinion and are only interested in preaching for your religion.

Your honest statement was when you said:
    .... so take it or leave it as that's up to all of you, but I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments...

You have no interest in debate or listening to others opinions, you believe you are right and everyone else is wrong and in need of correction. You think you can correct them or you are here to show off, or as others have suggested you have a persecution complex.

Your whole attitude from the OP is one of a teacher taunting the students:
    Teacher: who can guess what the difference is between A and B
    Student A: [makes a guess]
    Student B: [makes a guess]
    Teacher: Wrong! Student A is just silly and student B just wants to argue. I will now explain to you the answers. Repeat after me class.......
  3. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You have no interest in debate or listening to others opinions, you believe you are right and everyone else is wrong
    That sounds alot like you
  4. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 07:50
    Is there any difference between being baptized with holy spirit and being baptized in the name of the holy spirit?
    Speaking as a sceptical agnostic who finds such concepts as holy spirit, heaven, hell etc as faintly ridiculous and an insult to intelligent free thought, I applaud voidspirit's wonderfully concise rejection of the argument. To be brutally honest who gives a toss?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 08:25
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    Speaking as a sceptical agnostic who finds such concepts as holy spirit, heaven, hell etc as faintly ridiculous and an insult to intelligent free thought, I applaud voidspirit's wonderfully concise rejection of the argument. To be brutally honest who gives a toss?
    speaking as someone who actually studies scripture void spirits rejection is neither
    wonderful nor brutal, it simply displays the usual prejudice and ignorance and the
    masquerading of self opinion as some kind of self evident truth. Biggest critics of
    scripture are those who never study it, after all, how else can one account for such
    wilful ignorance? Indeed, this is the real insult to ones intelligence.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Biggest critics of scripture are those who never study it...
    You think so, eh? I've found that it's usually the critics who have studied the Bible in more depth.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:32
    To be as honest as I can, so take it or leave it as that's up to all of you, but I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments even though sadly I know that's where it will usually always end up. I truly wish it wouldn't but I guess that's life.
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe ...[text shortened]... versation on this subject. If not then don't respond and just simply go somewhere else.
    The WatchTower, Robbie and YOU, have fallen into the gutter without my help. Your doctrines, your attitude to people, and your modus operandi all stink.

Do you really think so little of posters on this forum and imply that they are so daft as to believe what I say without first veryfiing and checking for themselves?
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:342 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed, this is the real insult to ones intelligence.
    I had an exchange with galveston not long ago that generally went like this:

G: do you know why (some thing or event) X occurred?
    SG: I know the stock theist answers, but I think they all are inadequate (gives list and reasons for each)
    G: Yep. You haven't got a clue. But you could learn if you were interested.
    SG: If you had something to teach me, you would have presented it.

This sort of exchange is why you and G75 are having problems getting people to discuss things with you. This is a strange way of 'helping' the 'ignorant'.

Edit: There was a discussion I had with G75 earlier about the idea of eternal hell. He presented an argument against the idea that was fairly compelling (probably C&P from sources, but at least he knew which sources were germane to the discussion) and I acknowledged it. But apparently, I got no points for being fair-minded from my concession in that discussion. 😛
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:56
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    This sort of the exchange is why you and G75 are having problems getting people to discuss things with you. This is a strange way of 'helping' the 'ignorant'.
    I get the impression that in their respective Kingdom Hall intellectual environments, they are most decidedly NOT the 'elders' or the teachers or leaders in any way. They are receptors. Internalizers. Regurgitators (on the doorsteps). Here at RHP, however, they get the chance to pose as authorities - play at being 'elders' as it were - "helping the ignorant" etc. And yet it always unravels. The wheels almost always fall off. And it descends into dodging, deflecting, shunning and whatnot when stuff doesn't add up, and their 'elder mode' just gets bogged down in cognitive dissonance.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:12
    Is there any difference between being baptized with holy spirit and being baptized in the name of the holy spirit?

Acts 1:5
    New Life Version (NLV)

5 For John the Baptist baptized with water but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Matthew 28:19
    New Life Version (NLV)

19 Go and make followers of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
    LOL Hey I can make an argument for the Trinity Doctrine if you like

In the name of Not names 😉

New Life Version (NLV)

19 Go and make followers of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    I get the impression that in their respective Kingdom Hall intellectual environments, they are most decidedly NOT the 'elders' or the teachers or leaders in any way. They are receptors. Internalizers. Regurgitators (on the doorsteps). Here at RHP, however, they get the chance to pose as authorities - play at being 'elders' as it were - "helping the ignorant" etc ...[text shortened]... f doesn't add up, and their 'elder mode' just gets bogged down in cognitive dissonance.
    Good point

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 15:06
    Originally posted by menace71
    LOL Hey I can make an argument for the Trinity Doctrine if you like

In the name of Not names 😉

New Life Version (NLV)

Manny
    So no comment about the thread though huh?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 16:24
    So no comment about the thread though huh?
    I think you have damaged your name beyond repair. I suggest you close your account, open another with a different name and practice the suggested improvements which many here have made about your attitude and debating style.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The WatchTower, Robbie and YOU, have fallen into the gutter without my help. Your doctrines, your attitude to people, and your modus operandi all stink.

Do you really think so little of posters on this forum and imply that they are so daft as to believe what I say without first veryfiing and checking for themselves?
    You are one of the last people on this thread to be criticizing others' attitude towards people.

Matthew 7:5 leaps to mind here.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 18:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think you have damaged your name beyond repair. I suggest you close your account, open another with a different name and practice the suggested improvements which many here have made about your attitude and debating style.
    I'm not here to make a name for myself at all. If any here do not want to read my threads or talk about Jehovah that is fine. Just don't join in with the discussions....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree