Who goes to heaven?

Who goes to heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I can't tell if you're hair-splitting or over-thinking, but it's really not as difficult a matter as you suggest. The context of our discussion is quite clear, and the quality of inanimate objects is obviously irrelevant.
i dont think it is, in fact, you made a statement, to be good, neither defined your terms nor illustrated your concept. what do you mean, be good?

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
still making things up from your factory of spin, oh dear.
Nice comeback, perhaps. But it will only 'work' with people who have not read the "born again christian" thread! 😀

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

i dont think it is, in fact, you made a statement, to be good, neither defined your terms nor illustrated your concept. what do you mean, be good?
Do you seriously think - or think that avalanchethecat thinks - the "good" as we see in "good knife" and "good microphone" is the same "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you seriously think - or think that avalanchethecat thinks - the "good" as we see in "good knife" and "good microphone" is the same "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions?
Perhaps you should read some Platonic philosophy, Socrates discusses these very
things when discussing the quality of virtue, in fact he mentions both a knife and a cow
as being virtuous, but then again all you know is lying, so i dont expect you've read
them. Feel dumb yet, dont worry, you will.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Perhaps you should read some Platonic philosophy, Socrates discusses these very
things when discussing the quality of virtue, in fact he mentions both a knife and a cow
as being virtuous, but then again all you know is lying, so i dont expect you've read
them. Feel dumb yet, dont worry, you will.
I immediately understood what avalanchthecat meant by the word "good". I wonder what purpose you think it serves when you pretend you didn't.

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I immediately understood what avalanchthecat meant by the word "good". I wonder what purpose you think it serves when you pretend you didn't.
more lying assertions, you dont know anything, other than the bilge you make up.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

more lying assertions, you dont know anything, other than the bilge you make up.
I understood what avalanchthecat meant by the word "good". TRUE

You pretended you didn't. TRUE.

Or did you actually, really think he might have meant "good" as in "good microphone"?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I understood what avalanchthecat meant by the word "good". TRUE

You pretended you didn't. TRUE.

Or did you actually, really think he might have meant "good" as in "good microphone"?
you dont know anything about my motivations, stop pretending that you do, you dont
know anything. waste someone else's time with these empty assertions, or define what
you mean as 'good'. A microphone has the capacity to be good, and whether its what
avalanche the cat meant, i have no idea, for neither you nor he has defined what they
meant as 'good', dear oh dear oh dear.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

A microphone has the capacity to be good, and whether its what
avalanche the cat meant, i have no idea, for neither you nor he has defined what they meant as 'good', dear oh dear oh dear.
avalanchethecat was talking about the "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions. You can't BOTH claim that you didn't realize this [and that he might have meant "good" as in "good" microphone] AND that I "don't know anything". I think you were just being facetious but now, rather than admit it, you're trying to make it, somehow, into some kind of deceit on my part! 😀

Did you actually, really, seriously think that avalanchethecat might have meant "good" as in "good microphone" when he was talking about the "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
avalanchethecat was talking about the "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions. You can't BOTH claim that you didn't realize this [and that he might have meant "good" as in "good" microphone] AND that I "don't know anything". I think you were just being facetious but now, rather than admit it, you're trying to make it, somehow, into some kind of d ...[text shortened]... was talking about the "good" that is at the core of pretty much all religions?
you still haven't defined what you and apparently avalanche the cat understand as
'good', and until you do, all else is irrelevant.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12
1 edit

you still haven't defined what you and apparently avalanche the cat understand as
'good', and until you do, all else is irrelevant.
You still worried that maybe he means "good" as in "good microphone"? You seriously think your facetiousness has been anything other than "irrelevant"?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You still worried that maybe he means "good" as in "good microphone"? You seriously think your facetiousness has been anything other than "irrelevant"?
i have no idea what he means and as you have still failed to define what it is your talking about but instead resort to your now obligatory personal attack why dont you tell us.

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

i have no idea what he means and as you have still failed to define what it is your talking about but instead resort to your now obligatory personal attack why dont you tell us.
What "personal attack"? I thought your whole "good microphone" thing was facetiousness. Was it for real then?

F

Moves
21 Jul 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Yeah, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though.
Apparently he seriously thought you could have meant "good" as in "good microphone". Despite his speculation about that and "good knife" and a "good cat catching mice" etc. he also said he has no idea what you meant by "good" that is "at the core of pretty much all religions".

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jul 12

I don't really have much interest in the direction you're trying to take this discussion, Robbie. I think "be good" pretty much sums up the fundamental message of christianity. I'm pretty sure you could grasp this simple concept if you chose to, but instead you appear set on arguing a wholly unrelated semantic issue. This does, however, serve to underline the point I made about devotees of scripture missing the basic purpose of their creed.