1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 02:19
    Is there any difference between being baptized with holy spirit and being baptized in the name of the holy spirit?

Acts 1:5
    New Life Version (NLV)

5 For John the Baptist baptized with water but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Matthew 28:19
    New Life Version (NLV)

19 Go and make followers of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 03:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Is there any difference between being baptized with holy spirit and being baptized in the name of the holy spirit?
    there is no difference. they are both nonsense. there is no heaven and no hell. everyone will proceed to the next stage of their spiritual evolution.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 12:51

Acts 1:5
    New Life Version (NLV)

5 For John the Baptist baptized with water but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Matthew 28:19
    New Life Version (NLV)

19 Go and make followers of all the nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
    Any thoughts, anyone?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 15:24
    Any thoughts, anyone?
    You have established yourself as a poor debater who annoys others with childish diversionary and deflecting tactics. You post WatchTower doctrines without any leeway for discussion of the opinion of others. This you have done deliberately in my opinion, because the end result of all your threads is the claim of persecution.

Many here wont care to share their thoughts with you.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 16:19
    Any thoughts, anyone?
    What is the point of having thoughts on this? Just tell us what to believe, and leave it at that. You will do that eventually.

Thinking about these things is just a waist of time, if not downright dangerous. 😉
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 20:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    What is the point of having thoughts on this? Just tell us what to believe, and leave it at that. You will do that eventually.

Thinking about these things is just a waist of time, if not downright dangerous. 😉
    Dangerous alright - now your starting to spell like him 🙂
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 22:46
    Well I take this as no one has an idea of the differance. That's sad as knowledge can mean life. I guess that doesn't matter here with these silly comments.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 22:52
    Well I take this as no one has an idea of the differance. That's sad as knowledge can mean life. I guess that doesn't matter here with these silly comments.
    I don't think you should take this no one knowing the difference, but that no one wishes to engage in debate with you.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 23:14
    No, I think people have geuinely considered your op and come up with these 'silly' comments.
    It's not that they dont care - it's just that this is their way of telling you that they dont agree with your ideas.

Look at Voidspirits comment. He put it as succinctly as possible. Do you think his comment was silly?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '12 23:141 edit
    Your standard end point is to say you are waisting your time, I am just saving you some time while using your peculiar physiological vocabulary.

Oh and yes, you immediately judge comments as whether they are "silly" to you. What do you expect?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 03:13
    Originally posted by JS357
    Your standard end point is to say you are waisting your time, I am just saving you some time while using your peculiar physiological vocabulary.

Oh and yes, you immediately judge comments as whether they are "silly" to you. What do you expect?
    To be as honest as I can, so take it or leave it as that's up to all of you, but I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments even though sadly I know that's where it will usually always end up. I truly wish it wouldn't but I guess that's life.
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe and why.
    But then the fools like RAJK have to step in and highjack the threads as he's done over and over for years and to do nothing but degrade the good I'm trying to show. He has nothing informative to ever add, period, and he is usless when it comes to teaching anything good and trying to educate.
    So if anyone here is wanting something more then to do other then b - - - h then I'm in and willing to have a decent conversation on this subject. If not then don't respond and just simply go somewhere else.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 05:13
    ...I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments even though sadly I know that's where it will usually always end up. I truly wish it wouldn't but I guess that's life.
    You say 'argument' like it's a bad thing. Who wants a mutual admiration society with nothing but backslapping? It's the arguments that make the forums interesting.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 05:20
    To be as honest as I can, so take it or leave it as that's up to all of you, but I never start any thread to debate and to cause arguments even though sadly I know that's where it will usually always end up. I truly wish it wouldn't but I guess that's life.
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe ...[text shortened]... versation on this subject. If not then don't respond and just simply go somewhere else.
    "I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe and why."

Why do you want to see others opinions?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 05:482 edits
    To be as honest as I can...
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions ...
    ...the fools like RAJK...
    It is pointless engaging with you and robbie carrobie, you either evade the questions put to you or you howl and bleat on about persecution - you even threatened to leave a while ago because no one would agree with you.

Consider robbie's recent childish tactic of pretending to ignore detractors such as FMF and myself, whilst still responding to the points we make but by commenting in replies to other people. You think this behavior demonstrates a willingness to engage in debate?

And here you are again opening a thread with a leading question to which you have no intention of trying to "honestly" learn anything from anyone; we are not even past the first page and you are already calling someone who disagrees with you a "fool".
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 05:59
    I truly start most of these topics to see others opinions and in turn show what the JW's believe ...[text shortened]... versation on this subject. If not then don't respond and just simply go somewhere else.
    I'm going to have to defend Rajk's right to comment as he does.
    I find much of his criticisms against the JW's to be fairly accurate.

Not that I'm a big fan of Rajk's or anything, but you guys seem to have this attitude where you know all the answers and everyone else is wrong.

In short, you are not open to any other suggestions about life, universe and everything. You have your doctrine and you stick to it.

If it was correct then slowly, but surely everyone would become JW's, which is not the case by any means.

I see Buddhism as way more successful as a "religion" and if it is true that 7% of the worlds population are buddhists then I would have to say there is some hope left for every living thing on this planet yet 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree