1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 15:501 edit
    I would say more then 144,000 will. I know there is a boo out called the 139,999. So you still have a chance.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 02:301 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is that your opinion because I disagree with your 'once saved always saved' hypocrisy?
    First of all, I do not know what you are talking about and I'm not sure you would be best served by assuming things about me.

Matthew 7:5 has special relevance to you because of your "holier than thou" attitude here that no one could possibly understand or follow Christ's commandments more than you do. But I have pointed out time and again how you choose to ignore Christ's commandment to "love your Christian brothers". This is the very definition of a hypocrite.

But do go on telling us how we should run our Christian lives. Just don't expect us to take your advice. I question your qualifications to advise anyone. Don't get me wrong. You can continue to preach whatever flavor of Christianity you want to. But we just aren't likely to listen to those who cannot even follow their own advice.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 05:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So that means you have no answer and don't know the differance..Right?
    No it means I don't care 🙂 If you believe in God don't fear or worry. Too many are so worried about the end of the world that they are not living in the here and now

Manny
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 08:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    which is...?
    It's at the core of pretty much all religions. I'm sure you can figure it out.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 08:33
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It's at the core of pretty much all religions. I'm sure you can figure it out.
    I am sure i can, but there is a difference between philosophy and religion, that being
    that philosophy is merely content to understand the constituent parts of a problem, how
    they relate to the whole, whereas religion, advocates some form of action. Love for
    example can exist in principle, the Greeks termed it 'agape', but a quality like mercy,
    must have a recipient, an outlet, it cannot exist apart, it must be demonstrated.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:06
    I am sure i can, but there is a difference between philosophy and religion, that being
    that philosophy is merely content to understand the constituent parts of a problem, how
    they relate to the whole, whereas religion, advocates some form of action. Love for
    example can exist in principle, the Greeks termed it 'agape', but a quality like mercy,
    must have a recipient, an outlet, it cannot exist apart, it must be demonstrated.
    I don't see how this relates to the point we're discussing, perhaps you could elucidate?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:14
    I don't see how this relates to the point we're discussing, perhaps you could elucidate?
    well its fine and well to state that ll religions teach that we are brothers, but unless its
    acted upon then it remains a principle, nothing more.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:20
    well its fine and well to state that ll religions teach that we are brothers, but unless its
    acted upon then it remains a principle, nothing more.
    Oh right. The core message I was alluding to could most succinctly be expressed as "be good".
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:32
    Oh right. The core message I was alluding to could most succinctly be expressed as "be good".
    ok, 'be good', is quite ambiguous, even inanimate objects can be good me thinks, a
    good knife can cut well, a good microphone can pick up sound waves. animals can also
    be good, a good cow gives milk, a good dog guards the house, a good cat catches mice.
  10. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:42
    sigh more mere opinion masquerading as some kind of truth. So if we cannot put the
    constituent parts together so as to to form an understanding of its intent, we simply say
    that its bollocks, in its entirety. This type of opinion has practically no relevance to
    anyone. Was Bosch not inspired by the Biblical account to produce some outstandin ...[text shortened]... s bollocks', I move you to
    shame piano man and all who adopt this attitude to sacred things.
    I agree with a lot of what you say. Some of the greatest works of art have been inspired by Christianity. My area of expertise is music and Bach's glorious passions, Cantatas and the B minor Mass, the majestic Requiems of Brahms, Fauré, Verdi, Duruflé and Poulenc, amongst others, were all inspired by Christianity. None of this wonderful music would exist without of the Bible. This, of course, was in the days when it was a social requirement to be a Christian and to attend church every Sunday. Obviously to describe it all as bollocks is mischievous, but I stand by my views that all the great religions are a load of bollocks. Divisive and a form of one-upmanship.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:47
    ok, 'be good', is quite ambiguous, even inanimate objects can be good me thinks, a
    good knife can cut well, a good microphone can pick up sound waves. animals can also
    be good, a good cow gives milk, a good dog guards the house, a good cat catches mice.
    avalanchethecat is obviously using the word "good" to mean moral, as in promoting or enhancing well-being etc. While the word "good", as in good knife and good microphone and good cow, is a different meaning of the word "good", 'Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified'.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:52
    I can't tell if you're hair-splitting or over-thinking, but it's really not as difficult a matter as you suggest. The context of our discussion is quite clear, and the quality of inanimate objects is obviously irrelevant.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 10:54
    I can't tell if you're hair-splitting or over-thinking, but it's really not as difficult a matter as you suggest. The context of our discussion is quite clear, and the quality of inanimate objects is obviously irrelevant.
    His wheels have just been falling off completely on the "born again christian" thread, so he may have been trying to tease you with his pun on the word "good" by way of light relief.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 11:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    His wheels have just been falling off completely on the "born again christian" thread, so he may have been trying to tease you with his pun on the word "good" by way of light relief.
    Yeah, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 11:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    still making things up from your factory of spin, oh dear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree