Who is a Christian?

Who is a Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

For those who say "someone who believes in Jesus", that seems too easy.

Which Jesus? Which Christianity?

Roman Catholics?
Regular Catholics?
Jehovah Witness?
Methodist?
Baptist?
Believers in Trinity?
Believers in Godhead?
Those who believe that Jesus was God's son, but not 'the' God?

Some will say that it doesn't matter, just 'pick one', and as long as God and Jesus are somehow involved, in any fashion, you're okay.

Dive has been asking me if I am now a Christian. My response is that I am a theist.

What are the criteria to be 'a Christian'? And will everyone agree to this criteria?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
For those who say "someone who believes in Jesus", that seems too easy.

Which Jesus? Which Christianity?

Roman Catholics?
Regular Catholics?
Jehovah Witness?
Methodist?
Baptist?
Believers in Trinity?
Believers in Godhead?
Those who believe that Jesus was God's son, but not 'the' God?

Some will say that it doesn't matter, just 'pick one', and ...[text shortened]... theist.

What are the criteria to be 'a Christian'? And will everyone agree to this criteria?
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Seems simple enough to me, you don't have God's Spirit it doesn't matter what you
denomination you belong to or don't belong to.

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

Christian is a self proclaimed title, totally meaningless.

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Seems simple enough to me, you don't have God's Spirit it doesn't matter what you
Okay.
When you say "God", do you really mean Jesus?

Or, when you say "Jesus", do you really mean God?

Should be very easy for you to answer.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay

Simple? Lets see .. How do you know if:
- You have Gods Spirit or Spirit of Christ
- A friend has Gods Spirit or Spirit of Christ
- The pastor has Gods Spirit or Spirit of Christ

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
You are not a Christian Eladar?

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

You are not a Christian Eladar?
I am a Christian, but it is still a meaningless term since non christians can claim the title christian.

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

I am a Christian, but it is still a meaningless term since non christians can claim the title christian.
I don't know what you mean.
Can you explain?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16

I think I remember you saying that a Christian is one who accepts Christ as his personal saviour. Now as usual you are full of pronouncements [from the church obviously], which do not appear in the Bible.

The Bible has absolutely nothing, not even remotely, about Jesus being a personal saviour. That is complete hogwash designed to fool the gullible Christians looking for an easy salvation .. and there are millions of them.

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

I don't know what you mean.
Can you explain?
A true Christian knows God and is a child of God.

Seeing as only God can actually make that call, the self declared term means nothing.

Let's say that I worshipped satan and claimed to be a christian at the same time because I am open minded and inclusive.

Would I be a christian?

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I think I remember you saying that a Christian is one who accepts Christ as his personal saviour. Now as usual you are full of pronouncements [from the church obviously], which do not appear in the Bible.

The Bible has absolutely nothing, not even remotely, about Jesus being a personal saviour. That is complete hogwash designed to fool the gullible Christians looking for an easy salvation .. and there are millions of them.
That would not be me.

Moves
24 Dec 16
3 edits

Dive has been asking me if I am now a Christian. My response is that I am a theist...
The only reason I ask you is because at times you troll through this forum saying you are then you aren't etc. Anyway, as for your OP question...

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The evidence is the fruit of the spirit. A lack of fruit does not mean a lack of life but God prunes to encourage fruit.

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by divegeester
The only reason I ask you is because at times you troll through this forum saying you are then you aren't etc. Anyway, as for your OP question...

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The evidence is the fruit of the spirit. A lack of fruit does not mean a lack of life but God prunes to encourage fruit.
This is a horrible response, and makes NO sense.

Moves
24 Dec 16

This is a horrible response, and makes NO sense.
Why don't you say what it is you don't like?
How can you tell it is horrible is you don't understand it?
Are you just going to be a dick again?

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Why don't you say what it is you don't like?
How can you tell it is horrible is you don't understand it?
Are you just going to be a dick again?
It's clear that you're drunk, and didn't bother to read my OP, otherwise, you might have explained why YOU are a 'real' Christian, and Robbie is not.