Who is a Christian?

Who is a Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
29 Dec 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
The fact remains that his statement at the beginning was not true.

It's a dishonest game that politicians, false advertisements, misleading documents, etc., often play. They put out a "sound bite" that is misleading, then even if they qualify it later (aka "fine print" ), what often sticks is the "sound bite".

Unless I missed it, Charlie did not qu ...[text shortened]... You must have misconstrued something I wrote or I seriously botched what I was trying to write.
Well you answered my questions in a very safe way, lets try again.

Do you believe Jesus to be God, while he was on earth? Y/N
Do you believe Jesus to be God now as he no longer is on earth? Y/N
Do you believe Jesus to be the son of God? Y/N

These are very direct and specific questions for which I am asking you for your belief (direct answer), you can give a direct answer, can't you? In other words, what is your opinion?

Regarding the theology degree, I looked back and I did misread the post. My mistake.

T

Moves
29 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
Look here. The link to the website (which you have expressed no interest in, in no uncertain terms) lists more than this one scripture that you and ThinkofOne are wanting to split hairs over, I counted in excess of 30 related to Jesus divinity. Now if you want to do some reading go ahead, I will discuss with you then. If you do not care to do some readin ...[text shortened]... alking about related to the commentary of this Charlie Campbell... then we are done.

Sorry.

T

Moves
29 Dec 16
3 edits

Well you answered my questions in a very safe way, lets try again.

Do you believe Jesus to be God, while he was on earth? Y/N
Do you believe Jesus to be God now as he no longer is on earth? Y/N
Do you believe Jesus to be the son of God? Y/N

These are very direct and specific questions for which I am asking you for your belief (direct answer), you c ...[text shortened]... pinion?

Regarding the theology degree, I looked back and I did misread the post. My mistake.
I do not believe Jesus to be God - just as Jesus did not claim to be God while He walked the Earth.
I believe Jesus to be the son of God in the same manner as Jesus claimed to be the son of God

Not sure what you mean by "safe". Seemed like my answers were more to the point given that the topic was about what Jesus did and did not claim vs. what Charlie said He claimed.

Can you address the points I made in my earlier post just as I addressed the points you made in your earlier post?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 16

Look here. The link to the website (which you have expressed no interest in, in no uncertain terms) lists more than this one scripture that you and ThinkofOne are wanting to split hairs over, I counted in excess of 30 related to Jesus divinity. Now if you want to do some reading go ahead, I will discuss with you then. If you do not care to do some readin ...[text shortened]... alking about related to the commentary of this Charlie Campbell... then we are done.

Sorry.
30? Give me ONE, JUST ONE, where Jesus said :

"i am equal to God"

Because I can give you hUNDREDS where he called himself the Son of God, and that God is greater than Him.

Do you understand the conceptS of 'GREATER THAN' and 'EQUAL TO'?

T

Moves
29 Dec 16

Sorry.
The link to the website lists more than this one scripture that you and ThinkofOne are wanting to split hairs over,

If it were merely about "splitting hairs", we wouldn't have diametrically opposing points of view regarding that verse and others

T

Moves
29 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999

"i am equal to God"

Because I can give you hUNDREDS where he called himself the Son of God, and that God is greater than Him.

Since you refuse to read the website:
JESUS took the name of God revealed to Moses in the burning bush at Exodus 3:14 (“I AM” ) and applied it to Himself in John 8:58. In John 5:18, Jesus claimed to be “equal with God.” In John 10:33, He made Himself “out to be God.”

Now you have THREE. Hope you're satisfied.

l

Moves
29 Dec 16

"i am equal to God"

Have you read the lecture?

l

Moves
29 Dec 16

"i am equal to God"

John 14:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

If this does not satisfy your request I don't know what will.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 16
1 edit

[b]John 14:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

If this does not satisfy your request I don't know what will.[/b]
Did you read the clarification that comes after:

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (John 14:9-10 KJV)

If you see Christ you see God because, God is in Christ, doing the good works and teaching the commandments. God is operating through Christ. God operates through Christ. Christs teachings are Gods teachings.

They are not equal.as Christ said a zillion times.

T

Moves
29 Dec 16

[b]John 14:9 King James Version (KJV)

If this does not satisfy your request I don't know what will.[/b]
Instead of just taking John 14:9 out of context, have you tried to understand it within context?

At least read John 14:10-12. Jesus expects Philip to "see" the Father in the works that He does with the Father abiding / working within Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 16

Have you read the lecture?
Why should I? I have heard all the arguments? There is nothing new under the sun.

T

Moves
29 Dec 16

Did you read the clarification that comes after:

[i]Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself ...[text shortened]... ist. Christs teachings are Gods teachings.

They are not equal.as Christ said a zillion times.
Hey. You just beat me to it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 16

Since you refuse to read the website:
JESUS took the name of God revealed to Moses in the burning bush at Exodus 3:14 (“I AM” ) and applied it to Himself in John 8:58. In John 5:18, Jesus claimed to be “equal with God.” In John 10:33, He made Himself “out to be God.”

Now you have THREE. Hope you're satisfied.
Thanks for that.

None can overturn the hundreds of times Christ recognized Gods greatness and superiority over Him.

T

Moves
29 Dec 16

Thanks for that.

None can overturn the hundreds of times Christ recognized Gods greatness and superiority over Him.
I was just being facetious.

None of those claims hold water if read within context.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Dec 16

Hey. You just beat me to it.
Sorry 😀