Who is a Christian?

Who is a Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
I believe Jesus is the Son of Man so He is a man. I believe that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, the Son of God, so He is God. I have scriptures thanks anyway.
Like so many Christians here your mind is made dull by church doctrine. You cannot see or think clearly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Like so many Christians here your mind is made dull by church doctrine. You cannot see or think clearly.
You deny Jesus came as a man, Christ in the flesh not me. You deny Christ is even needed
nor is the Spirit of God not me. You deny those who don't believe in Jesus are condemn
not me. Your issue is with scripture not some church doctrine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16
1 edit

You deny Jesus came as a man, Christ in the flesh not me. You deny Christ is even needed
nor is the Spirit of God not me. You deny those who don't believe in Jesus are condemn
not me. Your issue is with scripture not some church doctrine.
Jesus was the Son of Man [Mary] and the Son of God [His Father]. He therefore cannot be FULLY MAN as you claim, and neither does the Bible ever say that. Jesus was subservient to His Father, so he therefore cannot be FULLY GOD either as you claim. FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN is just some church nonsense which you swallow because you are uninformed.

Jesus is in all those who follow his commandments. You have a mouth worship mentality which causes you to believe that God or Christ is pleased with those who profess their faith in Him. God is pleased with obedience and righteous living, which many nonChristians do.

Jesus/God is in every man:

[John].. was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:8-9 KJV)

The Spirit of God is in every man that lives righteously.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 16
1 edit

Jesus was the Son of Man [Mary] and the Son of God [His Father]. He therefore cannot be FULLY MAN as you claim, and neither does the Bible ever say that. Jesus was subservient to His Father, so he therefore cannot be FULLY GOD either as you claim. FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN is just some church nonsense which you swallow because you are uninformed.

Jesu ...[text shortened]... nto the world. (John 1:8-9 KJV)[/i]

He was a man with all the limitations we have. So much so no one thought of Him as
anything special before His ministry started due to any supernatural actions. Son of God
begotten by the Spirit of God, the same Spirit that we are told in scripture that if we too do
not share in the Spirit of God we do not belong to God.

Jesus lived as a man His whole life here without exception He didn't turn His Godhood
on and off. Jesus was subservient to His Father yes as we all should be, Jesus the
Father's Word made flesh. He was before Abraham so He was with God and was God
before He became a man in the flesh.

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 16

Jesu ...[text shortened]... nto the world. (John 1:8-9 KJV)[/i]

Those that belong to God have God's Spirit and obeying God, those that do not believe in
God are condemned already.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16

He was a man with all the limitations we have. So much so no one thought of Him as
anything special before His ministry started due to any supernatural actions. Son of God
begotten by the Spirit of God, the same Spirit that we are told in scripture that if we too do
not share in the Spirit of God we do not belong to God.

Jesus lived as a man His whole ...[text shortened]... as with God and was God
before He became a man in the flesh.

Who raised Jesus from the dead?
'No one thought of His as anything special before His ministry .. "

And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? (Luke 2:46-49 KJV)

You got that? ALL WERE ASTONISHED AT HIS UNDERSTANDING. He was aged 12.

Jesus did not live as a man. He had some human qualities which allowed him to be tempted and feel emotions as men do but certainly he was not FULLY MAN. Jesus said .. Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. (John 8:23 KJV)

Who cares who raised Jesus from the dead. What is important is using the clear language that Jesus used pertaining to himself. He never said anything about fully man or fully God ... just a pile of church nonsense.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16

Those that belong to God have God's Spirit and obeying God, those that do not believe in
God are condemned already.
You are a believer in mouth worship.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 16

You are a believer in mouth worship.
Yep, I worship with my mouth, I raise my hands, I sing songs, I live for God following the
Spirit of God in me. You believe your own good works are enough, you don't need Jesus
grace your works are enough.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 16

'No one thought of His as anything special before His ministry .. "

[i]And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother ...[text shortened]... himself. He never said anything about fully man or fully God ... just a pile of church nonsense.
Did they think He was anything more than a kid with impressive knowledge?
He did live as man, only your warped since of righteousness makes you want to raise Him
into something more so you can excuse your sinful nature. He was the Son of God so Yes
He was from above, that however didn't come into play making Him non-human or not a
man. He could not and didn't have to deny who He was, He only had to live His full life
as a man and give Himself laying down His life as the Father gave Him that task.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 16
3 edits

Translated :

Thank you for supporting my false doctrine. Its not in the BIble but I believe that nonsense anyway.

There is no such thing as fully man man fully God. Jesus was born a superior being to man and is still under God and subject to him. So he cannot be fully God either.

So when the New Testament says " ... the man Christ Jesus " ( 1 Timothy 2:5) you do not believe that Christ is fully a man. I certainly do believe this orthodox teaching.

So when the "child ... born" is called "Mighty God" (Isaiah 9:6) you don't believe that God became incarnated as a little human child.

I do.
God can express Himself as perfect ultimate authority.
And God can also express Himself as perfect ultimate submission and obedience to authority.

God can do this and has.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16

Did they think He was anything more than a kid with impressive knowledge?
He did live as man, only your warped since of righteousness makes you want to raise Him
into something more so you can excuse your sinful nature. He was the Son of God so Yes
He was from above, that however didn't come into play making Him non-human or not a
man. He could not and ...[text shortened]... His full life
as a man and give Himself laying down His life as the Father gave Him that task.
I will leave you in your ignorance 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 16
2 edits

I will leave you in your ignorance 😀
Leave us all to our ignorance of your heresy. It is better to be ignorant of it.

( ie. There is no such thing as fully man and fully God - a heretical denial of Christ)

Better to be left ignorant of this heresy of yours.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16
3 edits

Originally posted by sonship
There is no such thing as fully man man fully God. Jesus was born a superior being to man and is still under God and subject to him. So he cannot be fully God either.

So when the New Testaement says [b]" ... the man Christ Jesus " ( 1 Timothy 2:5)
you do not believe that Christ is fully am man. I certainly do believe this orthodo ...[text shortened]... Himself as perfect ultimate submission and obedience to authority.

God can do this and has.[/b]
Are you afraid to quote the whole verse? Here it is:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So it gives the order of things :
ONE GOD
ONE MEDIATOR - JESUS CHRIST
MEN

Jesus Christ is BETWEEN GOD AND MEN.

He is PART MAN [Son of Mary], PART GOD [Son of God]

Certainly there is NO Bible reference to support your church nonsense of FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonship
Leave us all to our ignorance of your heresy. It is better to be ignorant of it.

( ie. There is no such thing as fully man and fully God - a heretical denial of Christ)

Better to be left ignorant of this heresy of yours.
A heresy is a departure from the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and you are the chief instigator of such departures.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 16
7 edits

Are you afraid to quote the whole verse? Here it is:

Of course not. But you know your attention span is not long, especially when careful Bible teaching is involved. Then you brag about how you didn't read something.

Nope. i am not afraid to quote even the entire chapter.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Thankyou for quoting the rest of the sentence. Notice that it still means Jesus is fully a man.

Now, because He is God-man He is also the mediator between God and man.

The MAN Christ Jesus is God-man - the one Mediator between God and man.

So it gives the order of things :
ONE GOD
ONE MEDIATOR - JESUS CHRIST
MEN

Jesus Christ is BETWEEN GOD AND MEN.

He is PART MAN, PART GOD.

This is the teaching of the incomplete deity of Christ and the incomplete humanity of Christ. Brothers of old rightly rejected this twisting of the Bible centuries ago.

If the New Testament meant to teach the incomplete Godness of Jesus it would not say twice the all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him.

"For in Him all the fullness was pleased to dwell." (Col. 1:19)

That is not one third of the fullness.
That is not 33.3333333 % of the fullness.
And that is not "part" of the fullness.

And again in Colossians 2:9 :

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." (Col. 2:9)

Of all truths the Devil hates the most, the top one is that God and man could be joined.
I say again - of all truths Satan hates the most - it is that God and man could be joined.

Certainly there is Bible reference to support your church nonsense of FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD.

Well, I think flesh and blood has not revealed this to us but our Father Who is in heaven. The words are in the Scripture. But the revelation only God can give.

Over the years many posters here have only dug in their heels more and more.
I guess I have to say concerning the incarnation of God as the man Jesus Christ, I still believe what I wrote here many years ago.

Christ Jesus - Fully God and fully man - the proper man in full. In fact He is what God MEANT by man in the first place.

He is SO MAN that He is called "the last Adam". He is called "the SECOND MAN".

And He became so - "the second man" and "the last Adam" so that He could enter into us to be divine and eternal life to us -

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)

The God-man became "a [divine and eternal] life giving Spirit" He is the head of a new humanity of men and women mingled with God. That IS the church.