Who Jesus is and is not.

Who Jesus is and is not.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
3 edits

@kellyjay said
Yea, yea this is your pattern. If you were ever concern with a reasoned discussion, or any other type of discussion you'd actually engage in a give and take.

I will gladly answer one question from you if you'd answer one of mine, then we can go another round till we hash out the differences or just agree to disagree.

The only thing is no backing out and staying on topic. You game or you going to come us with some cop out?

Up to you.
Several times in the past I've tried to engage in a reasoned discussion with you. Even going so far as to point out the logical fallacies and exactly where you've gone off the beam. Invariably you'd get more and more lost. I'd tell you exactly the page number as well as the number of posts down and you'd refuse to look at it. You're a real piece of work.

Fortunately I know Christians in the real world who ARE willing AND able to have reasoned discussions. You have a long history that shows that you are not.

Spare me the childish "cop out" comments.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
When the level of love required is so high, we cannot do it ourselves, the fact we can call someone a fool puts us in danger of Hell.
I’ve been called many things much worse than “fool” by Christians in this forum, and yet I have never, not even once, see you warn the Christian saying it that they are in danger of being burnt alive for eternity. If you believe what you have written, then why is that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

"So ToO teaches that the book of Ephesians is 'completely alien to the gospel'."

And I stand by the statement. Based on past history with YOU, I know Ephesians as a whole book is not a part of your phony "gospel of Jesus while He walked on earth."

I didn't twist you. I exposed you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
2 edits

From "The Gospel of God" Volume Two, by Watchman Nee

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

HOW GOD DEALS
WITH THE BELIEVERS' SINS—
THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTERING
INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAVENS

We have made it clear that the kingdom is the time when God will reward the Christians according to their works. In the kingdom, the faithful believers will be rewarded, and the unfaithful believers will be punished. Many people think that if a Christian is unfaithful, although he may have to occupy a lower position, he will nevertheless make it into the kingdom. Many who do not understand God's word and God's work think that they are guaranteed an entrance into the kingdom of the heavens. They think that when the Lord Jesus comes to rule, there will merely be a distinction between higher and lower positions in the kingdom; no one will lose the kingdom of the heavens altogether. However, in the kingdom of the heavens, there is not only a distinction between higher and lower positions, but also the distinction between being allowed to enter and being kept out. The Bible shows us that there is a clear distinction between ten cities and five cities, between a large crown and a small one, and between a greater glory and a lesser one. As one star differs from another star, so also are the positions in the kingdom different. Not only is there the difference of lower and higher positions in the kingdom; there is also the distinction of being able or not able to get in.

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0922

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
3 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

"So ToO teaches that the book of Ephesians is 'completely alien to the gospel'."

And I stand by the statement. Based on past history with YOU, I know Ephesians as a whole book is not a part of your phony "gospel of Jesus while He walked on earth."

I didn't twist you. I exposed you.
And I stand by the statement.

And the truth remains.

I wrote this:
"...a 'free gift' theology that is completely alien to the gospel preached by Jesus"

And you twisted it into:

That you "stand by the statement" rather than stand in the truth says a lot about you.

John 8
44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

The truth remains that based on an accumulated time reading your posts I know that you consider Ephesians alien to your heretical view of a "as He walked the Earth" gospel of Jesus.

I didn't twist you.
I exposed you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19
2 edits

@thinkofone said
Several times in the past I've tried to engage in a reasoned discussion with you. Even going so far as to point out the logical fallacies and exactly where you've gone off the beam. Invariably you'd get more and more lost. I'd tell you exactly the page number as well as the number of posts down and you'd refuse to look at it. You're a real piece of work.

Fortunately I ...[text shortened]... s. You have a long history that shows that you are not.

Spare me the childish "cop out" comments.
So that is a 'no', which is what I thought you'd say, and you managed to do it while accusing me of wrong doing as well. I'm not sure what you think a reasoned discussion is but it doesn't mean we have to agree, unless in your version of a reasoned discussion is you telling me what you think and I am supposed to just accept it as the truth? There are many here to who think like that, they say what they believe and if you don't agree with them your a liar, but people can reason and still disagree and that between honest fair minded people to.

I ask you again, one question at a time, stay on topic, and avoid personal attacks just answer the points raised, you game?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
3 edits

Seven points from just Ephesians chapter one alone, I propose ThinkOfOne opposes as truth:

Ephesians chapter one:

1.) "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God ..." (v.1)

Ask ToO if he teaches Paul was an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God.

2.) "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ..."

I bet ThinkOfOne will not give you an honest, straightforward, non-obfuscated agreement that there is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Watch him carefully slither away from it into his stealth atheism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
3 edits

3.) "... the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ Who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ" (v.2)

He has no experience of this and will not teach it. He emphasizes his version of the Gospel of Christ while He "walked the Earth."

ToO knows nothing about being "in Christ" Who is in the heavenlies, the source of every spiritual blessing.

4.) "Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love." (v.4)

Ask ToO if he teaches that people were "chosen in Him [Christ] before the foundation of the world".

Have you ever heard ThinkOfOne talk about God laying "the foundation of the world"? Have you ever heard ThinkOfOne talk about anyone chosen in Christ to be holy and without blemish before an eternal Christ and in love with an eternal Christ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
2 edits

5.) " Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (v.5)

Have you ever heard ThinkOfOne talk about being "predestinated" THROUGH Jesus Christ?

No. You never heard that before the creation of the universe humans could be predestinated through Jesus Christ. You heard about imitating a dead Jesus who once walked the earth. Except ToO conceals that his Christology means a DEAD Jesus. He hopes to pull the wool over your eyes and you just kind of won't make him SAY it.

6.) "In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses, according to the riches of His grace." (v.7)

ThinkOfOne utterly opposes the teaching of the redemption accomplished by Christ. The Jesus gospel "while He walked the earth" of ToO opposes Christ's OWN words about His redemptive death and resurrection.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
4 edits

7.) "Unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him."

Do you think ThinkOfOne teaches all things in heaven and on earth will be headed up in a resurrected and exalted Jesus Christ?
No. He is AGAINST an exalted reigning Christ as Head over the universe. ThinkOFOne is about his dead Jesus who "walked the earth" once.

I could go on through the entire book of Ephesians. This much is all that is needed to demonstrate the whole letter has nothing to do with ThinkOfOne's "as He walked the Earth" Atheistic Gospel of sentimental imitation of a gone and unavailable Jesus of the red letters.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Sep 19

@sonship said
7.) "Unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him."

Do you think ThinkOfOne teaches all things in heaven and on earth will be headed up in a resurrected and exalted Jesus Christ?
No. He is AGAINST an exalted reigning Christ as Head over the universe. ThinkOFOn ...[text shortened]... " [/i] Atheistic Gospel of sentimental imitation of a gone and unavailable Jesus of the red letters.
Actually you cannot go on throughout the entire book of Ephesians because you rather omit the part where Paul goes right back to the teachings of Christ [while he walked the earth], and said that all of it is useless -
the faith,
the blood of Christ,
the redemption,
the forgiveness of sins,
the predestination,
blah, blah, blah
... All worthless and to no avail, unless there is righteousness and good works.
Failure means no inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God.
Your doctrine is a sham.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

The truth remains that based on an accumulated time reading your posts I know that you consider Ephesians alien to your heretical view of a "as He walked the Earth" gospel of Jesus.

I didn't twist you.
I exposed you.
The truth remains that you quoted the following:
If you want to believe in a "free gift" theology that is completely alien to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked Earth, then that's what you'll believe.[quote]

And wrote the following in response to the above quoted sentence:
[quote]So ToO teaches that the book of Ephesians is "completely alien to the gospel."

The qualifier "while He walked the Earth" is entirely irrelevant and unnecessary.
It is a beloved qualifying phrase of yours which is completely USELESS , distracting, pretentious, and showy.
Who do you think you are impressing with this "while He walked the Earth" ?

You can deny the truth all you want, but that only serves to make you a liar

That you "stand by the statement" rather than stand in the truth says a lot about you.

John 8
44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
5 edits

@kellyjay said
So that is a 'no', which is what I thought you'd say, and you managed to do it while accusing me of wrong doing as well. I'm not sure what you think a reasoned discussion is but it doesn't mean we have to agree, unless in your version of a reasoned discussion is you telling me what you think and I am supposed to just accept it as the truth? There are many here to who think l ...[text shortened]... estion at a time, stay on topic, and avoid personal attacks just answer the points raised, you game?
The truth is not a "personal attack" as you seem to have categorized it. You have a long running habit of characterizing the truth about you as a "personal attack" when in fact it is the truth. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.

The following is the truth:

Fortunately I know Christians in the real world who ARE willing AND able to have reasoned discussions. You have a long history that shows that you are not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
The truth is not a "personal attack" as you seem to have categorized it. You have a long running habit of characterizing the truth about you as a "personal attack" when in fact it is the truth. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.

The following is the truth:
Several times in the past I've tried to e ...[text shortened]... AND able to have reasoned discussions. You have a long history that shows that you are not.
I have never considered a difference of opinion a personal attack. I will assume you are not interested in my challenge. Thought you would refuse, but I thought I would try.