Who Jesus is and is not.

Who Jesus is and is not.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
I have never considered a difference of opinion a personal attack. I will assume you are not interested in my challenge. Thought you would refuse, but I thought I would try.
I have never considered a difference of opinion a personal attack.

Never said you did. If you'd been able to understand what I've been writing, you'd know this. But you don't. You rarely truly understand what others write. This is a truth about you. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
I have never considered a difference of opinion a personal attack.

Never said you did. If you'd been able to understand what I've been writing, you'd know this. But you don't. You rarely truly understand what others write. This is a truth about you. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.
Nothing personal there!

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Nothing personal there!
Never said it wasn't. It's the truth. It's the truth about you.

If you'd been able to understand what I've been writing, you'd know this. But you don't. You rarely truly understand what others write. This is a truth about you. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
Never said it wasn't. It's the truth. It's the truth about you.

If you'd been able to understand what I've been writing, you'd know this. But you don't. You rarely truly understand what others write. This is a truth about you. Instead of embracing the truth, you hide in the darkness. You hate the light. You love the darkness.
The Lord will work it out.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The Lord will work it out.
Unless you set aside your pride, you will never work it out. Your dogma and the pride it has instilled blind you to the truth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
Unless you set aside your pride, you will never work it out. Your dogma and the pride it has instilled blind you to the truth.
Pride? I admit that there is no good thing about me to offer God to enter into His Kingdom. I can offer nothing to receive His love and have Him enter my life. It is all God’s love, it is all His grace and mercy.

He first loved us while we were yet sinners it is all the Lord not us. He is our redeemer and savior, it He who calls and He who justifies us. If there is human pride involved it is in refusing the truth and grace offered, by Him who is Truth and the author of life.

T

Moves
29 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Pride? I admit that there is no good thing about me to offer God to enter into His Kingdom. I can offer nothing to receive His love and have Him enter my life. It is all God’s love, it is all His grace and mercy.

He first loved us while we were yet sinners it is all the Lord not us. He is our redeemer and savior, it He who calls and He who justifies us. If there is human ...[text shortened]... involved it is in refusing the truth and grace offered, by Him who is Truth and the author of life.
Yes pride.

No matter how much false humility you exhibit to cover it up, your pride remains. Like putting lipstick on a pig.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 19
6 edits

@ThinkOfOne

I will affirm the truth all that I need to. You hold Paul's letter of Ephesians to be alien to your sentimental "while He walked the earth" heresy that you insult believers' intelligence with. Evidence doesn't have to trace back only to this thread.

I didn't twist your words about a verse in Ephesians. I exposed your overall attitude about the whole book. Indeed, exposed is your whole rejection of the Apostle Paul's ministry.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
Yes pride.

No matter how much false humility you exhibit to cover it up, your pride remains. Like putting lipstick on a pig.
Well, if I am going to glory in something it will be Jesus Christ.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 19

Jesus said in the book of John that for this purpose has He come into the world, to bear witness to the truth, and everyone who listens to the truth listens to His voice. Which also means that there are those to who don't hear His voice so they don't bear witness to the truth. Unlike us where we can believe a lie, or think a truth is really an error, this is not so with Jesus Christ. It becomes something more personal, His sheep hear His voice, for Him it is reality there isn't a discussion between subjective and objective.

John 18
Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

In Paul's writings to the Romans the very first chapter we are told that some actually suppress the truth by their unrighteousness. If we are not upfront honest with God we cannot know Him, we are blind, willfully so.

Romans 1
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

God can make it clear He is real, but we need eyes to see. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and instead of being impressed by God they plotted to kill Lazarus as well as Jesus. What is it that God is showing us that we could be missing, because we don't want to see it?

John 12:9-11 English Standard Version (ESV)
When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well, because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus.

Do you have eyes that can see or not, if not are you asking God for them?

Luke 10:23
Then turning to the disciples he said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see!

Romans 11:8
as it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

T

Moves
30 Sep 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Well, if I am going to glory in something it will be Jesus Christ.
Someone who isn't full of pride, accepts the truth about themselves instead of taking offense. But you do take offense.

As such it is false humility when you say things like, "I admit that there is no good thing about me to offer God to enter into His Kingdom. I can offer nothing to receive His love and have Him enter my life. It is all God’s love, it is all His grace and mercy.", etc. You can recite words like that all day, but it doesn't make you any less full of pride.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
Someone who isn't full of pride, accepts the truth about themselves instead of taking offense. But you do take offense.

As such it is false humility when you say things like, "I admit that there is no good thing about me to offer God to enter into His Kingdom. I can offer nothing to receive His love and have Him enter my life. It is all God’s love, it is all His grace a ...[text shortened]... ercy.", etc. You can recite words like that all day, but it doesn't make you any less full of pride.
You once again just telling me the truth and not putting me down?

T

Moves
30 Sep 19
3 edits

@kellyjay said
You once again just telling me the truth and not putting me down?
You once again taking offense at the truth?

From what I gather, you believe you have received the Spirit of Truth. Yet you take offense at the truth. How does that work exactly?

That you think you aren't full of pride is nonsense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
You once again taking offense at the truth?

That you think you aren't full of pride is nonsense.

From what I gather, you believe you have received the Spirit of Truth. Yet you take offense at the truth. How does that work exactly?
I am a sinner, more than likely worse than you are saying on a daily basis, but I don't answer to you either, you are not my Lord and Savior. I don't believe we even speak about the same Jesus since the one I serve is alive sitting at the right hand of God and yours, well he quit walking the earth a long time ago and that's it for him. So your dead Jesus verses the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is no contest.

T

Moves
30 Sep 19

@kellyjay said
I am a sinner, more than likely worse than you are saying on a daily basis, but I don't answer to you either, you are not my Lord and Savior. I don't believe we even speak about the same Jesus since the one I serve is alive sitting at the right hand of God and yours, well he quit walking the earth a long time ago and that's it for him. So your dead Jesus verses the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is no contest.
Yet another dollop of false humility.

It's not about answering to me. It's about embracing the truth.

You reject the truth about yourself. As such, you don't know the truth. You don't hear what Jesus says because all you hear is the dogma that you've been taught.

John 8
34...“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31 ...“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”