Who Jesus is and is not.

Who Jesus is and is not.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
But you making me the target of YOUR posts. Well, that's fine and dandy.

If you paid attention. you'd realize that for the most part I was reflecting the words you directed at me, back at you.

Not surprised that you took such a blatantly hypocritical stance as a way to avoid addressing the following:
[quote]
KJ: And that is our abiding in Him, our knowing Him tha ...[text shortened]... ink that you have received the "spirit of truth", you certainly have a poor relationship with truth.
Doctrine and scripture but your personal or my failings not going to engage.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Doctrine and scripture but your personal or my failings not going to engage.
Not surprised that you didn't address the points of my post for the light exposes you for the hypocrite that you are. You hate the light, so you hide in the darkness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

In jaywill's mind it makes more sense to abide in Jesus' word via the word of "the pioneering Paul" instead of via Jesus' word.

According to the words out of the mouth of Jesus, whom you vehemently oppose, He had many more things to teach His disciples THAT AT THAT TIME they were not yet ready to HEAR -

"I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality, for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak, and He will declare to you the things that are coming." (John 16:13) "

sonship, (aka once jaywill) believes this word from Jesus. YOU in your desire to preach "another Jesus" reject that the Holy Spirit continued to teach the Christian church through the apostles - ONE of them being the Apostle Paul.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
1 edit

Evidently Jesus didn't have the benefit of jaywill's counsel:
John 18

Since the NT canon contains many letters after the synoptic gospel to complete the it, Christ was right. What they could not have the capacity to hear at that time, the Holy Spirit latter spoke through faithful apostles - especially Paul.

ThinkOfOne is in COMPETITION with the Apostle Paul.
ie. "Listen to me and the Existentialist liberal modernist theologians and NOT the man who authored some 13 books of the NT's 27."

For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Very good.
And a faithful Paul said, speaking in the inspiration of the Holy Spirit - "But when it pleased God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me ..." (Gal. 1:15,16a)

Some of us realize that your REAL opposition is not to Paul but to Jesus. You disguise it as you being reliable to REALLY comprehend what He taught. But you don't because you present to the world "another Jesus".

Paul will be rewarded. You will answer to Christ Himself at the great white throne for your peddling of your antichrist "another Jesus" and turning men away from His apostles whom He sent.

So repent to believe in the Son of God instead of making one out to your own philosophical liking.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19

John 5
25“Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live

And that hour could be for YOU today, if you would hear the voice of the Son of God.

John 10
27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

So far you do not want to be one of the sheep of Jesus. You would rather invent a "Jesus while He walked the earth" according to your OWN philosophical preferences.

And before God on the day of judgment that is all you are going to have.

So repent to believe in the Son of God.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

In jaywill's mind it makes more sense to abide in Jesus' word via the word of "the pioneering Paul" instead of via Jesus' word.

According to the words out of the mouth of Jesus, whom you vehemently oppose, He had many more things to teach His disciples THAT AT THAT TIME they were not yet ready to HEAR -

[b]"I have many things to say to ...[text shortened]... t continued to teach the Christian church through the apostles - ONE of them being the Apostle Paul.
You place the words of Paul above those of Jesus.

Jesus emphasized the importance of HIS words time and time again:
"the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." John 6
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." John 12
"“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me. These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. John 14
"“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you." John 15

Note that he used the past tense in all of the above. Not words Jesus will speak. Not words that others will speak. But words Jesus has spoken.

You also need to learn what the following words of Jesus mean:
"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master." Matthew 10
“A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher. Luke 6

The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus. You listen to the voice of others that do not abide in HIS word. If they did abide in His word, their words would echo His words. They are not true disciples.

"If you abide in My word, then you are truely disciples of mine" John 8

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
Not surprised that you didn't address the points of my post for the light exposes you for the hypocrite that you are. You hate the light, so you hide in the darkness.
Any scriptural errors I am making is fair game.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
3 edits

@ThinkOfOne

No I don't I take the Lord's word that there were many things YET the Holy Spirit would reveal to them.

Surely, the Holy Spirit lived in and USED the Apostle Paul.

"the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." John 6
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." John 12

Very good.

And Paul also said "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly." (Col. 3:16)

There is NO "Don't listen to Jesus. Listen to me INSTEAD" apostle in the New Testament.
Now you here, ThinkOfOne, are an example of that.
And YOU, I know were not SENT by the Lord to speak such things as you teach.

So learn from Jesus. And learn also from His faithful Apostle Paul.
He sent him for the benefit of the believers. Become a believer in the Son of God.

"“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me. These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. John 14
"“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you." John 15

Very good.
And the Apostle Paul wrote:

"If anyone teaches different things and does not consent to healthy words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which is according to godliness, He is blinded with pride, understanding nothing, but is diseased with questionings and contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions." (1 Tim. 6:4)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
4 edits

Let me raise my voice just a little bit for emphasis -

"IF ANYONE TEACHES DIFFERENT THINGS ..." Like concealing that his version of Jesus is dead, once having walked the earth. But is no more ...

"TEACHES DIFFERENT THINGS ... HEALTHY WORDS ... THOSE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ..."

Christs's words and "healthy words" ALL of them, not just the ones that seem to go good with 20th century liberal existentialism and the de-mythologized Jesus of destructive "higher criticism" ...

What does he understand ??

"HE IS BLINDED WITH PRIDE, UNDERSTANDING NOTHING ..."

Concerning the truth of the New Testament, that is what you are teaching here ... NOTHING because you understand NOTHING of the Gospel of Christ. He is living. He is available. He is Lord.

Note that he used the past tense in all of the above. Not words Jesus will speak. Not words that others will speak. But words Jesus has spoken.

Very good.
And the Holy Spirit would bring to the REMEMBRANCE of the apostles ALL that He spoke. John 14:26)

And the FIRST things written in the NT documents were the letters of Paul. We knew of them before we know of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

So Paul was FAITHFUL and you should drop your self-serving suspicions in your competing with Paul to be SENT. Though I doubt that you believe in a SENDING God at all.

You also need to learn what the following words of Jesus mean:
"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master." Matthew 10

And Paul was surely LIKE His master as I wish to be too, learning also from Paul. So he wrote, and you should HEAR -

"The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace will be with you." (Phil. 4:9)

"And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also." (2 Tim. 2:2)

You snooze - You lose.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Oct 19

@sonship said
Let me raise my voice just a little bit for emphasis -

"IF ANYONE TEACHES DIFFERENT THINGS ..." Like concealing that his version of Jesus is dead, once having walked the earth. But is no more ...

"TEACHES DIFFERENT THINGS ... HEALTHY WORDS ... THOSE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ..."

Christs's words and "healthy words" ALL of them, not just the one ...[text shortened]... thful men, who will be competent to teach others also." (2 Tim. 2:2) [/b]

You snooze - You lose.
This is a good one. You do not teach the words of Jesus Christ. Have you ever for example quoted one single passage from the Sermon on the Mount ? NO. The only words of Jesus you quote are the ones which are easily twisted to promote mouth worship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 19
2 edits

Folks, some years back, not too distant, I had a thread on the Fifth Chapter of Matthew - the so called Beatitudes. It might have been called "A Constitution of the Kingdom" - a phrase which did not originate with me. I learned it from someone else.

I thought it might help Rajk999 see a fuller picture of how I see those passages.

Of course it was like playing a violin to moose. He remembers nothing, apparently got nothing.

Someday, perhaps I'll return to chapter 5 through 7 of Matthew.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Oct 19

@sonship said
Folks, some years back, not too distant, I had a thread on the Fifth Chapter of Matthew - the so called Beatitudes. It might have been called "A Constitution of the Kingdom" - a phrase which did not originate with me. I learned it from someone else.

I thought it might help Rajk999 see a fuller picture of how I see those passages.

Of course it was like playing ...[text shortened]... pparently got nothing.

Someday, perhaps I'll return to chapter 5 through 7 of Matthew.
Once every few years to speak of the commandments of Christ ? You have no shame to call yourself a follower of Christ. Recently you stated that these commandments are not for Christians to follow but they are simple a list of Jesus recalling his past life. So you are a liar.

T

Moves
01 Oct 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

No I don't I take the Lord's word that there were many things YET the Holy Spirit would reveal to them.

Surely, the Holy Spirit lived in and USED the Apostle Paul.

[quote]
"the words that I have spoken to you are spirit ...[text shortened]... contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions." (1 Tim. 6:4) [/b]
The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus. You listen to the voice of others that do not abide in HIS word. If they did abide in His word, their words would echo His words. Their words do not echo His words. They are not true disciples.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Oct 19

@thinkofone said
The gospel in which you believe is not the gospel preached by Jesus. You listen to the voice of others that do not abide in HIS word. If they did abide in His word, their words would echo His words. Their words do not echo His words. They are not true disciples.

The man is not even a true disciple of Paul. He does not follow the Apostles. He constantly seeks to twist the teachings of Paul and James and John. He is a true disciple of Witness Lee

T

Moves
01 Oct 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
The man is not even a true disciple of Paul. He does not follow the Apostles. He constantly seeks to twist the teachings of Paul and James and John. He is a true disciple of Witness Lee
To be fair, jaywill seems to twist pretty much everything he reads - be it scripture or what's written by posters on this forum.

As such, hard not to have doubts about him being a true disciple of Witness Lee. Are you familiar enough with the actual teachings of Witness Lee to know how well jaywill understands them?