1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 07:42
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So the point is, Martin Luther was a titan among theologians and Christians. And even he caught himself sinning to such a degree (memory of past sins notwithsanding) that he had to repent for hours, daily.

The apple of God's eye was guilty of covetousness, abuse of power, and conspiracy to commit murder. We're all sinners. You included.
    Not to mention adultery if you’re referring to David.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '18 08:151 edit
    So the point is, Martin Luther was a titan among theologians and Christians.
    He was also a vicious anti-semite who urged his followers - Christians - to persecute and murder Jews.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 08:53
    Originally posted by @fmf
    He was also a vicious anti-semite who urged his followers - Christians - to persecute and murder Jews.
    I don’t think referring to Luther as an anti-semite is technically accurate as he wanted Jews to convert to Christianity. I think he was more against the Jews’ religion than he was against Jews due to their ethnicity.

He did advocate persecution and violence against Jews, so it probably doesn’t really matter what his motivation was.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '18 11:56
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    You may disagree if you wish, but wiser theologians than we have been debating that issue for 2,000 years.

The references are straightforward only to those who accept a certain slant on them.
    I have come across some of these same wiser theologians who have found it necessary to conclude that the story of the Good Samaritan applies to Jesus Christ and not to us... a conclusion completely contradictory to the teachings of Christ. As far as I am concerned these are wise fools who have no guidance from God and are just fallible men with a twisted agenda. Truth is not on their radar. So you can hold them up on a pedestal if you like. I have no such inferiority complex. I can read. I can understand. I dont need their input into my understanding.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '18 11:582 edits
    So the point is, Martin Luther was a titan among theologians and Christians. And even he caught himself sinning to such a degree (memory of past sins notwithsanding) that he had to repent for hours, daily.

The apple of God's eye was guilty of covetousness, abuse of power, and conspiracy to commit murder. We're all sinners. You included.
    The man was damn fool. He twisted the word of God to the point where people were taught not to do good works and live righteously. He ridiculed the passages in the bible that spoke of good works. He will have much to answer for when the time comes. You can lick his a$$ if you like ... have fun.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 May '18 13:22
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The man was damn fool. He twisted the word of God to the point where people were taught not to do good works and live righteously. He ridiculed the passages in the bible that spoke of good works. He will have much to answer for when the time comes. You can lick his a$$ if you like ... have fun.
    Luther was a genius. He translated the Latin vulgate into German in ten weeks using the most common words from fourteen German dialects essentially creating the German language in use to this day.

When you see Luther in the kingdom you can call him a fool to his face. Before you do come and get me first because I gotta see that.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Luther was a genius. He translated the Latin vulgate into German in ten weeks using the most common words from fourteen German dialects essentially creating the German language in use to this day.

When you see Luther in the kingdom you can call him a fool to his face. Before you do come and get me first because I gotta see that.
    Did Christians persecute Jews in Europe for the better part of 2,000 years?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 May '18 13:341 edit
    Is persecution of the Jews evil ?

If so who is the standard of morality you are measuring BY to determine that persecution of the Jews is evil ?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '18 13:481 edit

You think the Kingdom of God is for geniuses? If Luther is in the Kingdom of God it means that God forgave him for the gross error of his doctrine which has fooled millions and led them astray and away from the teachings of Christ. If he is in the Kingdom he would have been one of these blessed people who .. do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV).

There are people like that. They secretly do what Jesus commanded and in their preaching they proclaim a faith only doctrine.

You have a soft spot for high IQ people? You know what that tells me?
    You are not a very well educated person.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '18 13:57
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Is persecution of the Jews evil ?

If so who is the standard of morality you are measuring BY to determine that persecution of the Jews is evil ?
    I refer you to our past discussions on morality and "evil". My stance and my analysis has not changed.

Did Martin Luther think persecution of the Jews was "evil" according to his standard of morality and his Christian faith?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 May '18 14:06
    The Jews have been persecuted by virtually everyone since Abraham. Anti-semitism is satanic.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 May '18 14:08
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You think the Kingdom of God is for geniuses? If Luther is in the Kingdom of God it means that God forgave him for the gross error of his doctrine which has fooled millions and led them astray and away from the teachings of Christ. If he is in the Kingdom he would have been one of these blessed people who [b] .. do his commandments, that they may have righ ...[text shortened]... spot for high IQ people? You know what that tells me?
    You are not a very well educated person.
    You got all that because I said Luther was a genius?

You must be a genius.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '18 14:11
    The Jews have been persecuted by virtually everyone since Abraham. Anti-semitism is satanic.
    Did Martin Luther think persecution of the Jews was "satanic" according to his standard of morality and the tenets of his Christian faith?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '18 14:30
    You got all that because I said Luther was a genius?

You must be a genius.
    No. You care nothing for what the man preached.
    You idolize the man because of his brains.
    God is not impressed with that.
    God loves righteousness and hates sin and evil

If Mr Luther enters the Kingdom of God is would be because God has forgiven him his false doctrines and he has lived righteously.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 17:51
    How do you define “Christian,” Kiddo?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree