1. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 13:36
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    [b]Sodomy is a crime against humanity? Maybe Gomorrahry was, but they must of stamped that out since we have no clue to what it was.
    Prison rules Frogstomp! Prison rules! Where every look is not a like and every hole is not a crack! 🙄
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 14:40
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Prison rules Frogstomp! Prison rules! Where every look is not a like and every hole is not a crack! 🙄
    Murdering hundreds of children ,isn't a joking matter, now I can't do to Moses and Joshua what the penalty for commiting genocide is, but at least I can make you holy joes uncomfortable in your reification of the ungodly book into your god.
  3. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 15:17
    Murdering hundreds of children ,isn't a joking matter, now I can't do to Moses and Joshua what the penalty for commiting genocide is, but at least I can make you holy joes uncomfortable in your reification of the ungodly book into your god.
    It may appear that I come off as a Holy Joe, but I'm really not. averagely versed in scripture from a variety of theological view points, however not willing to see crimes where none exist. Just my opnion but, as all things are relative. The gold standard for the law with respect to the leading world relgions is the Law of Moses. Now that being the case I cannot judge the formation and actions of this great deliver as being contradictory or not.

I think that there may have been more than a couple of Israelites who came out of bondage and complained about the situation in the wilderness. However that's human nature to complain belly ache and act like it wasn't their decision to leave. The fulfillment of the promise to Abraham and his decendents came by way of Moses and Joshua.

I would assume if you look at Moses as a great General trained in the art of war by Pharoh. Then it would stand to reason that the violence that you point out would be appropriate for the time. No treaties existed to govern warfare for a so called renagade people, this is a rediculous assumption.

The instruction to engage in what you call genocide, was warfare in all of it's horror this is true. Terroism was certainly no less apart of any conquering peoples tactics. For example the polytheistic nation of Rome invented cesarean by cutting the abdomen of pregnant women just below the navel dropping the fetus to the ground. Then for added effect, bashed that fetus against a wall. Now that's not nice!

A point of fact is that the "Geneva Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded in Armies in the Field". This agreement, with its ten articles, was the first treaty of international humanitarian law.

So what; is your query retrospective? Is that the point? Based upon modern interpretations convict the war crinimal Moses? Not so; the staute of limitations has run out!
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 16:36
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    It may appear that I come off as a Holy Joe, but I'm really not. averagely versed in scripture from a variety of theological view points, however not willing to see crimes where none exist. Just my opnion but, as all things are relative. The gold standard for the law with respect to the leading world relgions is the Law of Moses. Now that being the ...[text shortened]... pretations convict the war crinimal Moses? Not so; the staute of limitations has run out!
    sorry again there is no statute of limitation on murder.
    and murder was also illegal in the code of hammurabi which predates that bible.
    Moses and Joshua had to have known at least that killing children captives was illegal , even by their own law.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 16:38
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I don't forgive you for being a self-righteous ass. Guess you are going to hell.
    I am not self-rightous, people who are self-rightous say that they need Jesus to get to heaven. And the ones that love to sin. I hate sinning. I can't wait till I am in heaven and don't sin any more. Praise God for that day.

God's word says you can know that you have eternal life.

People can be saved if they have murdered people.

Paul murdered people so did david and so did Moses and they are all in heaven.

People are not going to HELL for murdering, stelling, raping, ect.
    Poeple are going to hell for rejecting God's salvation which is Jesus.

People who are saved my sin and have earthly troubles.
    Say if a saved peoples robbed a store and killed someone, he could go to jail or even get the death penalty, but satan can't take his or her soul if it is saved.

1 Cor. 10:23
    23"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive.

1 Cor. 6:12
    12"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 19:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I am not self-rightous, people who are self-rightous say that they need Jesus to get to heaven. And the ones that love to sin. I hate sinning. I can't wait till I am in heaven and don't sin any more. Praise God for that day.

God's word says you can know that you have eternal life.

People can be saved if they have murdered people.

Paul murdered people ...[text shortened]... eficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.
    Both David and Moses were dead long before they got any chance of knowing about Jesus.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 20:38
    sorry again there is no statute of limitation on murder.
    and murder was also illegal in the code of hammurabi which predates that bible.
    Moses and Joshua had to have known at least that killing children captives was illegal , even by their own law.
    You are an arm-chair, Monday morning quaterback without the benefit of the tiniest clue of the rules, objectives or goals of the game. Your 'grasp' of history is wanting and insulting to true students of the discipline. Your agenda is as obvious and certain as your divorcement from reality.

My suggestion: pick up a hobby. Like chess, or something.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 21:151 edit
    Both David and Moses were dead long before they got any chance of knowing about Jesus.
    But they know of the savior.
    And plus in the O.T. and N.T. you are justified by faith.
    read chapter 11 of Hebrews.
    Faith in God is credited as righousness.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 00:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You are an arm-chair, Monday morning quaterback without the benefit of the tiniest clue of the rules, objectives or goals of the game. Your 'grasp' of history is wanting and insulting to true students of the discipline. Your agenda is as obvious and certain as your divorcement from reality.

My suggestion: pick up a hobby. Like chess, or something.
    if I knew what a quaterback was , I might be offended by your ridiculous post. I do like the way you misuse the language though, you silly boy.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 00:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    But they know of the savior.
    And plus in the O.T. and N.T. you are justified by faith.
    read chapter 11 of Hebrews.
    Faith in God is credited as righousness.
    how many credits is killing a canaanite baby for god?
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 00:26
    Who's got the scoop on Moses?
    There may never have been any such individual. See Osman, Ahmed Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus, 2002.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591430046/102-6577104-6452150?v=glance&n=283155
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 00:381 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    There may never have been any such individual. See Osman, Ahmed Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus, 2002.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591430046/102-6577104-6452150?v=glance&n=283155
    Hey, don't rain on my parade of the losers that want to defend him, by telling us he never existed.

Maybe his "borrowed from Sargon" baby boat ride, might be enough to cast a bit of doubt about his existence though.

edit: btw are you selling that book?
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 01:141 edit
    Hey, don't rain on my parade of the losers that want to defend him, by telling us he never existed.

Maybe his "borrowed from Sargon" baby boat ride, might be enough to cast a bit of doubt about his existence though.

Sorry, Frogman. Carry on. BTW, Sargon's boat ride, I'm sure you'll be told, is pure coincidence.

Nope. Amazon is. Does my link contain a reseller ID or something?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 04:05
    While you are posting israelites writings.
    who wrote this? "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him."
    Israelite writings? I guess it depends on which Israelite writings you prefer to talk about and which you prefer to ignore based on convenience. The scripture you used in the Bible to attack Moses and his God are in fact Israelite writings. The writings I posted to be used as an apologetic reference were also in fact, Israelite writings. How can you reject one and embrace the other, unless you are only looking to material to attack Moses and his God and not looking for the truth behind the matter?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 04:121 edit
    [b]Sodomy is a crime against humanity? Maybe Gomorrahry was, but they must of stamped that out since we have no clue to what it was.
    Perhaps if a group of Sodomites surrounded your house and demanded that you come out so that they may "know you", if you know what I mean, as they did in Sodom, then you may feel differently about the justice of their fate. Then again you may be into group rape, I can't really say for sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree