1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 19:43
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Sorry , but it was intended as a personal attack.
    There's not even a whisper that the people in Canaan were wicked, unless living where the Israelites wanted to live was being wicked.
    Maybe if one of them used rocks as pillows they could have dreamed up the god given right to stay on their land, alive that is.
    They were not wicked? And you are sure of this? One thing I can tell you about them is that they worshiped idols and often sacrificed their children to those dieties. It so repulsed God that he instructed the Israelites not even to intermingle with such wickedness least they go down the same road. Intermarrigae was prohibited unless one was willing to convert to the Jewish God. Despite these commands, however, some Israelites did go down the same road as the Canaanites and were dealt with equally as harshly as the Canaanites. You see it is not the people it is the sin that God hates. He is no respector of persons. What he did to the people of Canaan he did to the people of Israel. Israel's job was to extinguish all memory of such wickedness from the land. Unfortunatly they were not 100% successful in this endevour due to disobediance and fell into idol worship themselves.

As far as wickedness goes, what is wickedness? Is it people who gang rape as in Sodom or people who murder their own children as in Canaan? How about someone who kills off the inhabitants of a land so they may occupy it? Is that wickedness? According to the Israelite writings, this is what the people of Canaan did to the Israelites before having the reverse done to them during the conquests of Joshua. I believe the term is eye for an eye.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    They were not wicked? And you are sure of this? One thing I can tell you about them is that they worshiped idols and often sacrificed their children to those dieties. It so repulsed God that he instructed the Israelites not even to intermingle with such wickedness least they go down the same road. Intermarrigae was prohibited unless one was willing to con the reverse done to them during the conquests of Joshua. I believe the term is eye for an eye.
    Umm ..You are making assertions that Joshua even didn't make before he killed em all.

btw Haven't you read the book of Joshua?
    If so, show me where it says any of the crap you're spouting.

Even if it was true, the children would still have been innocent of any wrong doing, which makes the charges stand against both Moses and Joshua.

edit and besides that your making Moses and Joshua sound like the booty police.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 21:29
    Originally posted by David C
    [b]...insulting to true students of the discipline.
    ...obvious and certain as your divorcement from reality

heh-ho. Discipline? Of studying a great, big Magical Elf that created time, the universe, mankind and reality itself? That inspired a book so full of contradictions, errors and outright plagarism that this Magical Elf must be somewhat less than "perfect"?

Go on, tell us again about Frogstomp's "divorcement from reality".[/b]
    Discipline? Of studying a great, big Magical Elf that created time, the universe, mankind and reality itself?
    Typical of the non-God botherers, you didn't bother to interpret my statement in the intended context. Go back and re-read to determine whether the "discipline" I referred to was:
    a) theology
    or
    b) history

...and then pop-off.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 21:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Discipline? Of studying a great, big Magical Elf that created time, the universe, mankind and reality itself?
    Typical of the non-God botherers, you didn't bother to interpret my statement in the intended context. Go back and re-read to determine whether the "discipline" I referred to was:
    a) theology
    or
    b) history

...and then pop-off.[/b]
    Since you only spout nonsense, why don't you pop-off ,silly boy?
  5. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 22:34
    Perhaps if a group of Sodomites surrounded your house and demanded that you come out so that they may "know you", if you know what I mean, as they did in Sodom, then you may feel differently about the justice of their fate. Then again you may be into group rape, I can't really say for sure.
    That is too funny! 😀
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 23:40
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    That is too funny! 😀
    I bet you think Moses having all the Midianite male children killed was funny too, and you really think it's hilarious that Joshua killed an entire civilization.
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 00:04
    Go back and re-read to determine whether the "discipline" I referred to was:
    a) theology
    or
    b) history

...and then pop-off.
    Since you seem to be unable to "divorce" yourself from the two being one, what difference does it make? Unless you are hereby admitting that the study of the bible is not the study of History in any sense. hmmmm?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 01:50
    Since you seem to be unable to "divorce" yourself from the two being one, what difference does it make? Unless you are hereby admitting that the study of the bible is not the study of History in any sense. hmmmm?
    While there is history aplenty in Scripture, there is a distinction between it and theology. A fact as obvious as this shouldn't require articulation, but apparently to this juvenile crowd, nothing can be assumed.
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 02:41
    While there is history aplenty in Scripture, there is a distinction between it and theology. A fact as obvious as this shouldn't require articulation, but apparently to this juvenile crowd, nothing can be assumed.
    oh, oh, oh...I get it! Juvenile...right, gotcha.

So, it isn't like the "history aplenty" found in [xtian only, I assume] scripture is, "In fact, God's response to the angelic conflict initiated by Satan, with each phase of the former a mirror of the phases in the latter. Each phase of human history proves circumstances, government, environment, moral codes, etc., are not the solution"...whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Divorcement from reality, indeed. Let me get back to playing marbles, then.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 09:32

So, it isn't like the "history aplenty" found in [xtian only, I assume] scripture is, [i]"In fact, God's response to the angelic conflict initiated by Satan, with each phase of the former a mirror of the phases in the latter. Each phase of human history proves circumstances, government, environment, moral c ...[text shortened]... d to mean.

A book of history aplenty and theologu?

OK .. Joshua says " God siad kill everybody" is that history or theology?

Joshua orders his "soldiers" * to kill everybody. history or theology?

The "soldiers"* kill everybody. history or theology?

* people that murder civilian prisoners lose the title of soldier and replace it with murderer
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 13:18
    I bet you think Moses having all the Midianite male children killed was funny too, and you really think it's hilarious that Joshua killed an entire civilization.
    Probably just as histerical as it was when the Canaanites did the same to the descendants of the Hebrews known as the Shemites.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 20:11
    Probably just as histerical as it was when the Canaanites did the same to the descendants of the Hebrews known as the Shemites.
    For you guys maybe, that is if any such event ever occured.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 00:39

So, it isn't like the "history aplenty" found in [xtian only, I assume] scripture is, [i]"In fact, God's response to the angelic conflict initiated by Satan, with each phase of the former a mirror of the phases in the latter. Each phase of human history proves circumstances, government, environment, moral c ...[text shortened]... d to mean.

"Circumstances, government, environment, moral codes, etc., are not the solution..." Seems pretty straight forward, by my perspective. How many folks do you know who rely on (or fantasize regarding) the circumstances of life? No matter how stellar the situation, real or imagined, no aspect of life can solve man's problems.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 01:19
    how many credits is killing a canaanite baby for god?
    You can't work your way to heaven.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 01:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You can't work your way to heaven.
    Work? Is that what you "christians" call baby killing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree