1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:09
    @rajk999 said
    The part I left out has no bearing on the point. Here it is again

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV)

The sin of Adam fell on all of mankind. It appears to be contradictory to the statement that sons must not pay for the sins of the father.

Got it?
    Lol. It has everything to do with it. Got it? Well apparently you don't huh?
    And do you not realize in quoting the scripture in 1st Cor that you just contradicted your original statement? Talking about someone being confused!
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:12
    @eladar said
    @galveston75

Part of it is people who hate God but have lots of money are influencing what is taught and not taught in churches. Many pastors are making big money being Satan's mouthpiece which is why we have people like Suzi.
    I agree with you. But Suzi much of the time does say things that are correct but she gets irritated at some of us and speaks her mind. I've been on that end of the spectrum a few times. Lol.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:251 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I agree with you. But Suzi much of the time does say things that are correct but she gets irritated at some of us and speaks her mind. I've been on that end of the spectrum a few times. Lol.
    You can lol all you like. The bible has apparent contradictions. There is no virtue in trying to hide them, justify them, explain them with nonsense arguments the way you are doing. God does not need anyone's support.

Here it is again.

(Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."

Is contradictory to
    - God approving the hanging of 7 of Sauls sons for Sauls sins
    - Mankind dying for the sin of Adam
    - Jesus having to die for the sins of the world.

These are contradictions in the application of that principle laid down by God himself.. You can pretend to know the answers but you are making yourself look stupid trying to explain them away. I do not know the answers. Only God does. And that is fine with me.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:53
    @rajk999 said
    You can lol all you like. The bible has apparent contradictions. There is no virtue in trying to hide them, justify them, explain them with nonsense arguments the way you are doing. God does not need anyone's support.

Here it is again.

[i](Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone s ...[text shortened]... trying to explain them away. I do not know the answers. Only God does. And that is fine with me.
    You are so messed up spiritually it's actually sad. I truly feel sorry for you.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:111 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I see you cannot address the issue. Dont start threads where your incompetence will be on parade for all to see.

Spiritually the worst place to be is in a cult. The best place to be is among those who hear Christ voice.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 01:06
    @rajk999 said
    I see you cannot address the issue. Dont start threads where your incompetence will be on parade for all to see.

Spiritually the worst place to be is in a cult. The best place to be is among those who hear Christ voice.
    Keep the insults coming as you haven't hit your quota yet. LOL
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 01:09
    @galveston75 said
    Isn't this just an ad hominem and therefore sidestepping what Rajk999 has put to you?

Saying "I truly feel sorry for you" is a dodge, plain and simple.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:05
    @fmf said
    Isn't this just an ad hominem and therefore sidestepping what Rajk999 has put to you?

Saying "I truly feel sorry for you" is a dodge, plain and simple.
    Sidestepping what? His ridiculousness and rudeness? Are you serious? You know many look up to you here and at times I can see why even though it's rare in my case. You have appointed yourself to be the official pot stirrer which you should get an award for that.
    But when you take up for the likes of Rajk you fail by layers in gaining my respect for you and the things you express with your big important sounding words.
    Now for once why don't you stop the sidestepping and respond to the thread if you possibly can?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:291 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Sidestepping what?

These are ad hominems that are being used by you to sidestep what he is saying.

"You are so messed up spiritually it's actually sad" [so I am not going to address what you have said].

"I truly feel sorry for you" [and so I feel no onus to deal with what you said.]
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:32
    @galveston75 said
    His ridiculousness and rudeness? Are you serious?
    Yes, I am serious. You are ridiculous and rude all the time. You issue insults all the time. You are hypocritical about it. You hide behind ad hominems all the time. You dodge all the time. You dismiss questions as "attacks". You play the victim card all the time. Yes, I am serious.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:34
    @galveston75 said
    Sidestepping what? His ridiculousness and rudeness? Are you serious? You know many look up to you here and at times I can see why even though it's rare in my case. You have appointed yourself to be the official pot stirrer which you should get an award for that. But when you take up for the likes of Rajk you fail by layers in gaining my respect for you and the things you express with your big important sounding words.
    This is just a stream of ad hominems you are using to sidestep the point I made in the post of mine you are purportedly responding to.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:35
    @galveston75 said
    Now for once why don't you stop the sidestepping and respond to the thread if you possibly can?
    The Bible has many contradictions. It has been discussed many, many times here. I will leave it to Christians to debate it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:37
    @galveston75 said
    But when you take up for the likes of Rajk you fail by layers in gaining my respect for you and the things you express with your big important sounding words.
    "Big important sounding words"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 02:51
    @galveston75 said
    Could there be a reason or possibly someone behind this? After all the bible supposedly is here to help us in making our life's better and to give us hope for a better life in the future.
    Who do you think is "behind" the fact that hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians read the Bible and, as a result, believe that "damnation" means being tormented in burning flames for eternity? There is certainly disagreement and/or confusion on this matter of doctrine. Who do you believe is the "someone behind this"?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 13:46
    @fmf said
    Who do you think is "behind" the fact that hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians read the Bible and, as a result, believe that "damnation" means being tormented in burning flames for eternity? There is certainly disagreement and/or confusion on this matter of doctrine. Who do you believe is the "someone behind this"?
    Satan. If you really don't know this, he's got you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree