1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 17:57
    @eladar said
    @Philokalia

Paul warned not to argue over debatable matters, but he did stand against false teachings.
    Yes that is very wise advice especially when you know they are not looking for a real discussion with one that they may actually see the other side of the coin. It's usually just a trap. The last post by FMF is the perfect example.... I've gotten to where I don't respond to these type post.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 19:23
    @galveston75 said
    Yes that is very wise advice especially when you know they are not looking for a real discussion with one that they may actually see the other side of the coin. It's usually just a trap. The last post by FMF is the perfect example.... I've gotten to where I don't respond to these type post.
    It's a sorry state of affairs for you ~ and the organization whose Bible interpretations you come here to promote ~ when discussion is seen as a "trap" on a discussion forum. Dismissing ex-JW dissenters as "weeds on the road" is simply dodging the substance of their dissent. That is surely you refusing to see the other side of the coin and not them.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 21:27
    @fmf said
    It's a sorry state of affairs for you ~ and the organization whose Bible interpretations you come here to promote ~ when discussion is seen as a "trap" on a discussion forum. Dismissing ex-JW dissenters as "weeds on the road" is simply dodging the substance of their dissent. That is surely you refusing to see the other side of the coin and not them.
    Nothing sorry about Jehovah and the ones he chooses to use or chooses not to use or allow into his organization.
    Who are you to question this? Just because you don't have the spiritual knowledge or insight to see this all throughout the bible makes us wrong? Is there anything about the bible that you understand even on the simplest level?
    So to you what is the "other side of the coin"? Is it that you don't agree with such commands such as "do not commit fornication" for example? He commands "NOT TO DO IT". So the other side of your coin says "go ahead, it's OK". This is your, opinion, correct? In fact just about in every sentence you say here it's all about your opinion. Everyone's got that, so yours is nothing.
    All your comments are against Jehovah without you seeming to understand that. A tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoe box can hold.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 21:58
    @galveston75 said
    So to you what is the "other side of the coin"?
    The "other side of the coin" would be, for example, what people who were committed JWs for years and years but who decided to continue as followers of Christ as members of other Christian denominations. Their perspectives would be part of what's on the "other side of the coin". To dismiss them as "weeds on the road" is the antithesis of "discussion".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 22:00
    @galveston75 said
    All your comments are against Jehovah without you seeming to understand that. A tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoe box can hold.
    Isn't your opinion ALSO the product of "a tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold" like what you say mine is?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 22:56
    @fmf said
    Isn't your opinion ALSO the product of "a tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold" like what you say mine is?
    Lol. Is this the best you can do? You revolve around you plane and simple.

James 3:15:"This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic."

“Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish.” (Rom. 1:22)

“Woe to those wise in their own eyes.”​—Isa. 5:21.

Isaiah 55:8, 9:
    8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah.
    9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So my ways are higher than your ways
    And my thoughts than your thoughts."

My world revolves around my creator who I do recognize as being a tad bit more intelligent then you could never imagine exist which is obvious by your comments and the nothingness they hold.

FMF's next post will read: Exactly how many "tads would that be?" Lol
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 23:14
    @fmf said
    But in total fairness to Galveston, much of the discussion that takes place here is dishonest and full of personal attacks and accusations.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '19 23:57
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. Is this the best you can do? You revolve around you plane and simple.
    One has to ask therefore, when you typed "A tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold", in order to dismiss what I had posted, was it "the best you can do"?
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:06
    @fmf said
    One has to ask therefore, when you typed "A tiny little humans brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold", in order to dismiss what I had posted, was it "the best you can do"?
    Just a few minutes earlier (or after) this, FMF goes on to say that I am weak-minded and imply that other people of religious persuasions are weak-minded.

But he has the gall to come here and suggest that a very typical view of humans as inferior to God is somehow a personal slight against him.

Funny, if you ask me.

(I wonder if I will be accused of 'stalking', as I have been by FMF before, for pointing out his inconsistencies).
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:16
    @philokalia said
    Just a few minutes earlier (or after) this, FMF goes on to say that I am weak-minded and imply that other people of religious persuasions are weak-minded.
    Did I say you were "weak-minded"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:20
    @philokalia said
    But he has the gall to come here and suggest that a very typical view of humans as inferior to God is somehow a personal slight against him.
    "Gall"? I have my perspective about supernatural things and it is dismissed as being the product of my "tiny little human brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold". If this is true, why is not galveston75's perspective about supernatural things also dismissable by saying that it is the product of his "tiny little human brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:22
    @philokalia said
    I wonder if I will be accused of 'stalking', as I have been by FMF before, for pointing out his inconsistencies.
    The inconsistency and weak argument here is surely galveston75's because he thinks that the "tiny little human brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold" 'debating point' only applies to the person he aims the description at.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:25
    @fmf said
    Did I say you were "weak-minded"?
    Lol, how do you deny it?

Me: Oh, we're all weak minded?
    You: If the kind of trite analogies you come out with have worked on you in your adult life, so be it.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/extraordinary-claims-require-extraordinary-proof.181437/page-83#post_4072071

The post also apparently merited an edit
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:28
    @philokalia said
    Lol, how do you deny it?

Me: Oh, we're all weak minded?
    You: If the kind of trite analogies you come out with have worked on you in your adult life, so be it.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/extraordinary-claims-require-extraordinary-proof.181437/page-83#post_4072071

The post also apparently merited an edit
    Well? Have the kind of trite analogies you come out with worked on you in your adult life? You didn't answer.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jul '19 00:29
    @fmf said
    "Gall"? I have my perspective about supernatural things and it is dismissed as being the product of my "tiny little human brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold". If this is true, why is not galveston75's perspective about supernatural things also dismissable by saying that it is the product of his "tiny little human brain at work not knowing anything larger then a shoebox can hold"?
    He and I believe that there is an element of revealed truth at play, that's why.

Which is also why we must be dependant on the revealed truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree