1. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 04:12
    I understand why the Christians are here discussing God, but why are the skeptics here? If I can speak generally, the thing skeptics dislike about Christians most is that we're unwilling to change the basis of our faith. So what do the skeptics hope to accomplish with these discussions?

DF
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 04:17
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    I understand why the Christians are here discussing God
    Why is that?
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 04:53
    I understand why the Christians are here discussing God, but why are the skeptics here? If I can speak generally, the thing skeptics dislike about Christians most is that we're unwilling to change the basis of our faith. So what do the skeptics hope to accomplish with these discussions?

DF
    It's fun baiting the mentally impaired.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 05:14
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Consider yourself the Master Baiter, then.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 05:38
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Consider yourself the Master Baiter, then.
    Pucker up.
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 06:371 edit
    Surely someone must appreciate the irony of the posts thus far. 😉 😀
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 07:02

DF
    The name of this forum is Spirituality, not christian myth and faulty logic.
    I run a group on MSN which is religious but I am not a christian.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 07:301 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The name of this forum is Spirituality, not christian myth and faulty logic.
    I run a group on MSN which is religious but I am not a christian.
    faulty logic

ROFL. You should see some of the skeptics when they hit their stride - you need to draw a Karnaugh map to follow their line of reasoning.
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 09:27

DF
    I got lost looking for a game of chess.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 09:38

DF
    I don't ask for much. I just hope I've changed then way you think about life.
  11. London
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 09:57

DF
    It's a bad habit - like smoking.
  12. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 11:47
    I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously. - Douglas Adams.

This is my take on the subject too. I find religion and people's reasons for believing it fascinating.
  13. London
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 13:38
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Have a lot of experience baiting fellow patients, have you?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 13:49
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Have a lot of experience baiting fellow patients, have you?
    Wow, it only took you 4 days to come up with that gem!
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 13:51

DF
    Indeed, I really just stumbled in here intially for a bit of a look. I saw a thread about evolution, took a gander and found it was being extremely unfairly treated, and indeed, even lied about. Being a biological scientist I wasn't going to allow that. The rest, as they say, is geography.