Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22

So after over 160 posts, no one will answer why white Christians are so full of vile racist, and why they've oppressed and hated virtually every other race on this planet.

None of these White Christians conservatives will answer for their religion.

Shouldn't have expected anything more.

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I knew it was coming.
And earlier I gave him a “sincere compliment” in that thread 😒

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Okay, so would you concede there is no tangible evidence for the resurrection of Jesus for people who do not view the Bible as the infallible record of God's Word?
Where’s the body?

Why couldn’t anyone find the body?

And plenty of people wanted to find the body, especially the Pharisees, to dispute the disciples’ claim that they saw the Resurrected Jesus Christ and to stop Christianity dead in its tracks.

That’s just for starters, but one at a time.

Do you concede no one could find Jesus Christ’s body?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@divegeester said
And earlier I gave him a “sincere compliment” in that thread 😒
And you have yet to give me a “sincere compliment.”

Isn’t that interesting?

And I gave you one - I enjoy your robust rafts of Scripture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My mate Dave didn't believe in ghosts but claimed he saw one floating down the stairs.

Is that credible evidence for the existence of ghosts?
I suppose it depends on how credible Dave is and whether he was under the influence of substances at the time.

But eyewitness testimony is considered credible evidence and is often used in court.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
Do you acknowledge that not all black people are alike?

Do you acknowledge that those you claim to have seen and who you’ve criticized likely have grown up in far more challenging circumstances than you *and* have been told by the media and politicians that the deck is stacked against them?

Do you acknowledge that being raised by only one parent (who undoubtedly also has a full-time job or at least two part-time jobs) rather than two parents is a severe obstacle to becoming a productive citizen?

Are you aware that the vast majority of blacks live in the middle class (or upper class?) How do you explain that if race is the reason for the behavior of blacks you claim to have seen?

Did Jesus Christ, whom you profess to follow, judge people by the color of their skin? The Jews, for example, hated the Samaritans and went out of their way to avoid them.

And yet Jesus went out of His way to meet a Samaritan woman at a well (John chapter 6) and reveal to her that He was the Messiah.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

<<If you're only encounters with black people are pleasant, then good for you.
You must live in a wealthy community.>>

How can he have pleasant encounters with black people if race makes them the way they are?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

Are there savages in other races?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
Never even heard of that. I have heard of whites shooting up schools and murdering children.

But again, you're aware of this. There's no reason to engage in discussion with you, is there? You have no points, just hate. Right?

Thank you for proving how worthless Christianity is.
So the good that Christians do doesn’t count?

You’re judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few?

You know who also doesn’t that? The guy you directed that post to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

You criticize objectionable behavior, which is your right, but then you attribute it to their race, which is wrong.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I suppose it depends on how credible Dave is and whether he was under the influence of substances at the time.

But eyewitness testimony is considered credible evidence and is often used in court.
It is admissable in court, but only with an eyewitness to provide testimony. If the eyewitness is unable to attend, it is not eyewitness testimony.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
So after over 160 posts, no one will answer why white Christians are so full of vile racist, and why they've oppressed and hated virtually every other race on this planet.

None of these White Christians conservatives will answer for their religion.

Shouldn't have expected anything more.
In the same way chaney3 is falsely attributing objectionable behavior to someone’s race, you’re falsely attributing it to their religion.

Unless you can find something in the New Testament (Christianity’s foundational text) that advocates for the behavior you’re citing and objecting to, that behavior has nothing to do with Christianity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
It is admissable in court, but only with an eyewitness to provide testimony. If the eyewitness is unable to attend, it is not eyewitness testimony.
You’ve never heard of dying declarations? They are admissible in court.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You’ve never heard of dying declarations? They are admissible in court.
They are not eyewitness testimony.

edit: In fact, I believe that without a credible eyewitness to a dying declaration, if it were submitted as evidence in court it would be considered hearsay.

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
So the good that Christians do doesn’t count?

You’re judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few?
If it was a "few" I wouldn't have made this thread. It's not a "few". The Spanish Inquisition, the KKK, American slave owners, European slave traders, white churches across America who were segregated....

It was not a "few". Donald Trump's largest base is evangelical Christians; a group that supports a man who called Mexican immigrants rapists, called for a ban on all Muslims, called black and brown nations "sh.thole countries", was public endorsed (twice) by David Duke, a former KKK grand-wizard, and was endorsed by the KKK on the front page of the Klan's official newspaper. And was fined by the Nixon administration for using racist practices.

A man *this* openly racist has as his largest base, conservative white Christians. A base large enough to get him elected.