Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
They are not eyewitness testimony.
They can be.

Someone, for example, who witnessed a shooting and saw the shooter and is then murdered to silence him can make, before he dies, a dying declaration of what he had seen in the shooting.

I’m pretty sure that’s correct but would defer to any lawyers who may be on this thread.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
They can be.

Someone, for example, who witnessed a shooting and saw the shooter and is then murdered to silence him can make, before he dies, a dying declaration of what he had seen in the shooting.

I’m pretty sure that’s correct but would defer to any lawyers who may be on this thread.
See my edit.

Also, this would still not be eyewitness testimony. Without an eyewitness, you cannot have eyewitness testimony.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

But eyewitness testimony is considered credible evidence and is often used in court.
Even if given 2000 years later?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Where’s the body?

Why couldn’t anyone find the body?

And plenty of people wanted to find the body, especially the Pharisees, to dispute the disciples’ claim that they saw the Resurrected Jesus Christ and to stop Christianity dead in its tracks.

That’s just for starters, but one at a time.

Do you concede no one could find Jesus Christ’s body?
Hearsay.

Next to meaningless.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
If it was a "few" I wouldn't have made this thread. It's not a "few". The Spanish Inquisition, the KKK, American slave owners, European slave traders, white churches across America who were segregated....

It was not a "few". Donald Trump's largest base is evangelical Christians; a group that supports a man who called Mexican immigrants rapists, called for a ban on all Mu ...[text shortened]... his largest base, conservative white Christians. This base large enough to get him elected.
I’m not one to defend Trump, but I’d like to see the exact quote where he called all Mexican immigrants racist or attributed their crimes to their being Mexicans.

Same with the ban on all Muslim countries. I’d like to see the exact quote.

Seriously, produce the language because I don’t trust the mainstream media in America to accurately or fairly report anything involving politics.

Did he call all black and brown countries that term?

If you want to get serious about this, produce the exact quotes - not how the American media characterized them.

Did you know Trump also did criminal justice reform and substantially increased and made permanent funding for historically black colleges and universities? Guess who reversed that funding for HBCUs. Biden.

Did you know Biden argued *against* desegregating schools and said schools would become racial jungles if they were desegregated?

That the only U.S. Senator who was a member of the Ku Klux Klan was a Democrat (Robert Byrd?) And Byrd wasn’t just any member of the Klan - he was a grand kleagle or grand cyclops (whatever stupid names the Klan gives high-ranking members.)

And Biden was a good friend of Byrd’s.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Even if given 2000 years later?
You think the New Testament was written last year?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
They are not eyewitness testimony.

edit: In fact, I believe that without a credible eyewitness to a dying declaration, if it were submitted as evidence in court it would be considered hearsay.
Right.

Dying declarations are often given to attorneys, police officers, etc.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Right.

Dying declarations are often given to attorneys, police officers, etc.
Yes, and then the attorney or police officer can attend a hearing as an eyewitness to a dying declaration, not as an eyewitness to the subject of said declaration. The subject of the dying declaration would still be considered hearsay, but the judge may direct the jurors to accord it greater weight depending on the character of the eyewitness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Yes, and then the attorney or police officer can attend a hearing as an eyewitness to a dying declaration, not as an eyewitness to the subject of said declaration.
Well quite obviously no one alive when the Gospel writers were alive and when the Apostle Paul was alive are available today to back up what the Gospel writers and the Apostle Paul wrote.

But I think you’re assuming their statements weren’t vetted back then and I think they were.

You can’t have a trial in the 1800s that includes eyewitness testimony and then claim that the eyewitness testimony is worthless today because neither the eyewitnesses nor anyone who could support them is available to be cross examined today.

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I’m not one to defend Trump, but I’d like to see the exact quote where he called all Mexican immigrants racist or attributed their crimes to their being Mexicans.
Interesting how even though I never said "all white Christians", that was enough for other Christians to accuse me of racism. Yet they don't hold that same standard for Trump. AKA: hypocrisy.

Here's an easy question: if Trump *didn't* call Mexican immigrants drug-addled rapists, what was his reason for building a wall on the Mexican border? Because he though so highly of them?

There's a reason why Trump was found the Nixon administration to be using unfair practices against blacks. There's a reason why a KKK grand-wizard endorsed him twice. There's a reason why Trump was endorsed on the front page of the KKK's official newspaper. And it's not because he promoted any kind of racial equality.

And there's a reason why Trump's largest base are white Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
Interesting how even though I never said "all white Christians", that was enough for other Christians to accuse me of racism. Yet they don't hold that same standard for Trump. AKA: hypocrisy.

Here's an easy question: if Trump *didn't* call Mexican immigrants drug-addled rapists, what was his reason for building a wall on the Mexican border? Because he though so highly o ...[text shortened]... any kind of racial equality.

And there's a reason why Trump's largest base are white Christians.
<<Here's an easy question: if Trump *didn't* call Mexican immigrants drug-addled rapists, what was his reason for building a wall on the Mexican border? Because he though so highly of them?>>

To prevent illegal immigration?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Well quite obviously no one alive when the Gospel writers were alive and when the Apostle Paul was alive are available today to back up what the Gospel writers and the Apostle Paul wrote.

But I think you’re assuming their statements weren’t vetted back then and I think they were.

You can’t have a trial in the 1800s that includes eyewitness testimony and then claim that t ...[text shortened]... neither the eyewitnesses nor anyone who could support them is available to be cross examined today.
Eyewitness testimony from a historical court case would be considered eyewitness testimony if the proceedings had been appropriately documented and annotated by officers of the court.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Eyewitness testimony from a historical court case would be considered eyewitness testimony if the proceedings had been appropriately documented and annotated by officers of the court.
Are there records of court proceedings in the 1st century? Did they even have formal court proceedings attended by stenographers back then?

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
<<Here's an easy question: if Trump *didn't* call Mexican immigrants drug-addled rapists, what was his reason for building a wall on the Mexican border? Because he though so highly of them?>>

To prevent illegal immigration?
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691/where-does-illegal-immigration-mostly-occur-heres-what-the-data-tell-us

Most illegal immigration comes through *legal* checkpoints, not by Mexicans crossing dangerous rivers and deserts.

So try again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691/where-does-illegal-immigration-mostly-occur-heres-what-the-data-tell-us

Most illegal immigration comes through *legal* checkpoints, not by Mexicans crossing dangerous rivers and deserts.

So try again.
How is it illegal immigration if it comes through legal checkpoints?

And if security is lax or non-existent at legal checkpoints, obviously that would be the preferred route for anyone seeking to gain access to America.