1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 17:591 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No the Mormon church has different factions, they do not have unity of belief nor a public ministry, their missionaries only carry out work for a small period of time, typically two or three years, Christ exhorted his disciples to teach and preach until the end of the system.
    Since robbie seemingly doesn't deem me 'worthy' of discussion here, probably because of my gender, I'll reply directly to divegeester using robbie's words in the above quote.

I'm sure you'll hear another set of 'they don't have this, or that' no matter what religion/denomination you compare JW with.

Lending fact to your assertion that yes, JWs are the ONLY ones going on to God's Kingdom, at least according to them. I guess a roundabout yes is still a yes to your original question. You heard it here first, directly from the horse's, er, mouth.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 18:01
    No the Mormon church has different factions, they do not have unity of belief nor a public ministry, their missionaries only carry out work for a small period of time, typically two or three years, Christ exhorted his disciples to teach and preach until the end of the system.
    He's got you there Geester man.

That's true what he says about the Mormons.

I have met Mormons preaching here and they told me
    that they only preach for a while and then new blood
    takes over. They also told me that it is only the men
    who do it and not the women.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 18:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Since robbie seemingly doesn't deem me 'worthy' of discussion here, probably because of my gender, I'll reply directly to divegeester using robbie's words in the above quote.

I'm sure you'll hear another set of 'they don't have this, or that' no matter what religion/denomination you compare JW with.

Lending fact to your assertion that yes, JWs are the ...[text shortened]... r original question. You heard it here first, directly from the horse's, er, mouth.
    no it was you yourself who said do not talk to me, so I am simply complying with your wishes.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 19:42
    no it was you yourself who said do not talk to me, so I am simply complying with your wishes.
    I basically said that if you're going to be an ass to me, do not talk to me, so I guess you just wanna be an ass.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 19:553 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I basically said that if you're going to be an ass to me, do not talk to me, so I guess you just wanna be an ass.
    when you are ready to act like an adult you will be treated as one. To your room, you may come out when you are ready to apologise.
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 22:01
    I'm also curious how you answer people who have extensive knowledge of the bible, but aren't JW. John 1:1 is quite an important difference.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 00:40
    Originally posted by dryhump
    I'm also curious how you answer people who have extensive knowledge of the bible, but aren't JW. John 1:1 is quite an important difference.
    Really then perhaps you should pay more attention to this forum its been covered numerous times.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 00:53
    Really then perhaps you should pay more attention to this forum its been covered numerous times.
    Now now Robbie, that's not nice.
    Be a good Christian and tell the lad how it is interpreted.

We don't need to feel the sharp end of your tongue.

Love your neighbour as yourself.
    Do good to those who hate you.
    You will be persecuted for my name's sake.
    Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.
    Why has your countenance fallen? If you do well will not you also be acceptable to the Lord?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a serious and genuine question. But please be prepared for my normal line of qurestioning, of course.

You will need to demonstrate quite succintly (as opposed to lenghthy copy paste dumps) why someone would "need" to join the JW organisation if they are doing all the things I describe.
    IF you would actually take the time to read my "dumps" you would see I posted it for a reason and that is to try to answer yours and everyones questions. If I did not believe in that "dump" and agree with the thoughts in it, I would not have posted it, would I?
    Of course not.
    So if you don't like my "dumps" that is you opinon and no don't read them. But don't keep asking me to answer in my own words when the "dumps" will do just fine if I see the need in using them... Deal?

Actually I take this answer to mean one of a couple things. You really don't care for an answer or you can't understand which is truely possible.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 01:05
    worldwide brotherhood, unity of belief, abundance of spiritual food, joy of a Christian ministry, guidance from those with experience in life, high moral principles, so many reasons.
    Well said Brother...
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 03:01
    Why be a Jehovah ? uhhh Bahhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhh 😉 because I'm a Sheeple and I need to be controlled......Think for me for I can't bare to Bahhhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhhh Bahhhhhhhhh

Manny
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 03:20
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    He's got you there Geester man.

That's true what he says about the Mormons.

I have met Mormons preaching here and they told me
    that they only preach for a while and then new blood
    takes over. They also told me that it is only the men
    who do it and not the women.
    That might be because they go around on bicycles. If the women did that, they might be accused of "peddling pussy" and that is against the law.

The Instructor
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 04:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That might be because they go around on bicycles. If the women did that, they might be accused of "peddling pussy" and that is against the law.

The Instructor
    Wow a really fine christian comment. You are no christian at all with your mouth.
    I bet the athiest love you...
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 04:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    ????? wow

Manny
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 08:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well said Brother...
    indeed, there is no other organisation on earth like Jehovahs Witnesses, we are awesome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree