1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:01
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Now now Robbie, that's not nice.
    Be a good Christian and tell the lad how it is interpreted.

We don't need to feel the sharp end of your tongue.

Love your neighbour as yourself.
    Do good to those who hate you.
    You will be persecuted for my name's sake.
    Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are the peacemakers for th ...[text shortened]... Why has your countenance fallen? If you do well will not you also be acceptable to the Lord?
    do we really need to play the Caro Kann again and again and again and again?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    indeed, there is no other organisation on earth like Jehovahs Witnesses, we are awesome.
    The first part of that sentence is correct. One big homogenous mass programmed to think and do exactly what eight men who they've never met tell them. Kind of frightening ending really.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:152 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The first part of that sentence is correct. One big homogenous mass programmed to think and do exactly what eight men who they've never met tell them. Kind of frightening ending really.
    its a matter of perspective, one worldwide brother and sister hood, you cant touch this, we have solved problems that plague mankind through the application of Biblical principles. There is no national, educational, ethnic, cultural, economic, ideological, religious or political divide, the major causes of conflict throughout the earth. We are beautiful and you should at last acknowledge the fact. Who has managed to bring Arab and Jew together? Former Republicans and Loyalists, once bitter enemies? Serb, Croat and Albanian? Greeks and Turks?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:24
    its a matter of perspective, one worldwide brother and sister hood, you cant touch this, we have solved problems that plague mankind through the application of Biblical principles. There is no national, educational, ethnic, cultural, economic, ideological, religious or political divide, the major causes of conflict throughout the earth. We are beau ...[text shortened]... er Republicans and Loyalists, once bitter enemies? Serb, Croat and Albanian? Greeks and Turks?
    I acknowledge that, yet how many families have been broken through the implementation of shunning simply because someone decides to leave the organisation?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:372 edits
    I acknowledge that, yet how many families have been broken through the implementation of shunning simply because someone decides to leave the organisation?
    how many families have we brought together who were on the brink of collapse, through alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence, materialism? once again its a matter of perspective.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:54
    how many families have we brought together who were on the brink of collapse, through alcoholism, drug abuse, domestic violence, materialism? once again its a matter of perspective.
    It's not a matter of perspective, it's a matter of acknowledging that there are two sides to every coin. You can claim how 'awesome' you are and how people 'can't touch us', but that's not the full picture.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 09:56
    How many people during your 15+ years public ministry have you brought together who were blighted by the afflictions you listed?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 11:191 edit
    It's not a matter of perspective, it's a matter of acknowledging that there are two sides to every coin. You can claim how 'awesome' you are and how people 'can't touch us', but that's not the full picture.
    yes it is a matter of perspective, light can make anything look artistic depending on the perspective of the viewer. A poem, sent to me by a friend,

Distance and a Certain Light

by May Swenson

Distance
    and a certain light
    makes anything artistic—
    it doesn't matter what.

From an airplane, all
    that rigid splatter of the Bronx
    becomes organic, logical
    as web or beehive. Chunks

of decayed cars in junkyards,
    garbage scows (nimble roaches
    on the Harlem), herds of stalled
    manure-yellow boxes on twisting reaches

of rails, are punched clean and sharp
    as ingots in the ignition of the sun.
    Rubbish becomes engaging shape—
    you only have to get a bead on it,

the right light filling the corridor
    of your view—a gob of spit
    under a microscope, fastidious
    in structure as a crystal. No contortion

without intention, and nothing ugly.
    In any random, sprawling, decomposing thing
    is the charming string
    of its history—and what it will be next.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 11:20
    How many people during your 15+ years public ministry have you brought together who were blighted by the afflictions you listed?
    at least one person I know of, but that is not the point, it happens and its worth it.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 12:15
    its a matter of perspective, one worldwide brother and sister hood, you cant touch this, we have solved problems that plague mankind through the application of Biblical principles. There is no national, educational, ethnic, cultural, economic, ideological, religious or political divide, the major causes of conflict throughout the earth. We are beau ...[text shortened]... er Republicans and Loyalists, once bitter enemies? Serb, Croat and Albanian? Greeks and Turks?
    a scientologist could say pretty much the same thing.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 12:26
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    a scientologist could say pretty much the same thing.
    really? what proof do you have.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 14:29
    really? what proof do you have.
    which claim do you think they cannot make?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 14:30
    which claim do you think they cannot make?
    all of them.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 14:53
    all of them.
    an arab and a jew can become scientologists. once they do they cease to be enemies. same for any ethnic group or religion.

with dianetics scientology believes they have revolutionized the way we look at mental health. they believe that it is the cutting edge of psychology.

theres two for you.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '13 14:564 edits
    an arab and a jew can become scientologists. once they do they cease to be enemies. same for any ethnic group or religion.

with dianetics scientology believes they have revolutionized the way we look at mental health. they believe that it is the cutting edge of psychology.

theres two for you.
    evidence nil

Have you read Hubbards book, I have, i found it in a laundrette when i was a student and it was slightly more interesting than watching the washing go round.

visit jw.org and see the real thing, my beautiful brothers and sisters from Zambia, from Greenland, from Bali, from Germany, we are one!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree