1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Jesus does not want lip service , he suggests action
    Jesus cares for the SOURCE of the action.

" Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in me." (John 15:4)

Works coming from not abiding in the living Son of God indwelling our spirit are called "dead works".

"How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God,

purify your conscience from DEAD WORKS to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:14)
    [my bolding]
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 17:091 edit
    Part of the foundation of the Christian faith is to repent from "dead works" . That is works not sourced in the living Holy Spirit through union with Christ.

"Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity,

not laying again a foundation of repentance from DEAD WORKS and of faith in God, ..." (Hebrews 6:1)
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:23
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Where did you get the idea that I cannot say that.
    Jesus died and was buried and was raised from the dead.
    I know the Bible. I understand the Bible
    I know Gods purpose. I understand Gods purpose.
    I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

You cannot say that becuase you lack the understanding to appreciate anything but your flawed half a doctrine of Paul
    Your doctrine is flawed because you fail to see that eternal life is a gift of God's grace through faith and not by works.

Galatians 2:16
    Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Salvation, the gift of eternal life, justified, redeemed, sanctified and glorified all by God's grace through faith and not of works.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:28
    If you don't know, and believe, that Jesus died for your sins, then you don't know Jesus.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:33
    I know Jesus

He's an exacting taskmaster to be sure.
    God bless us all
    Covering your bases?

Pascal's Wager is a fool's errand.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]"No, I believe we need to account for our own transgressions."

No? So you're saying you don't believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins?[/b]
    Jesus died on the cross for our sins, however we still need to forgive ourselves

I wont be reaching any Christian consensus here. All I can say is Jesus smiles on me since I pulled my life out of the gutter
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:46
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Jesus cares for the SOURCE of the action.

[b] " Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in me." (John 15:4)

Works coming from not abiding in the living Son of God indwelling our spirit are called "dead works".

[ ...[text shortened]... conscience from DEAD WORKS to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:14) [/b]
    [my bolding][/b]
    Yes, yes

Are u suggesting my good works are dead works?
    C'mon dont beat about the bush
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:47
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Part of the foundation of the Christian faith is to repent from [b]"dead works" . That is works not sourced in the living Holy Spirit through union with Christ.

"Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity,

not laying again a foundation of repentance from DEAD WORKS and of faith in God, ..." (Hebrews 6:1)
    [/b]
    "Christian faith " is selfish and twisted.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:48
    If you don't know, and believe, that Jesus died for your sins, then you don't know Jesus.
    You are so wrong.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Covering your bases?

Pascal's Wager is a fool's errand.
    What are you on about? There is only one reality
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:53
    Your doctrine is flawed because you fail to see that eternal life is a gift of God's grace through faith and not by works.

Galatians 2:16
    Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the la ...[text shortened]... justified, redeemed, sanctified and glorified all by God's grace through faith and not of works.
    Nonsense
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 02:37
    Yes, yes

Are u suggesting my good works are dead works?
    C'mon dont beat about the bush
    When you come to the living Son of God and receive Him into your spirit as Savior and Lord, you will realize by comparison that you have been trying to justify yourself before God by "dead works".

It will be a relief.
    Now you consider it a great disappointment.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 08:51
    "Christian faith " is selfish and twisted.
    How so? Which part of this core element of Christian faith is selfish and twisted to you?

'You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.'
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 09:24
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Nonsense
    Nonsense?

What nonsense? "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ,.."?

Are you saying that it is nonsense that a man is justified by the faith of Jesus Christ and not by the works of the law?

What is this nonsense you're talking about?
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Mar '18 09:30
    You are so wrong.
    If you don't believe what the Bible says about Jesus, then it is you that is wrong about knowing Jesus.

It's a no-brainer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree