1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 13:481 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    So you dispute the Gospel writers when they write about Jesus Christ performing miracles and saying He came down from heaven and identifying Himself as God, but you trust the Gospel writers when they write about what Jesus taught.

Is that your position?
    Have a longer think on it. Think about what I actually wrote and the conclusions that you've drawn from that.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 13:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What is the name of your god?
    Hosea 6
    6For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice,
    And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 14:08
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Have a longer think on it. Think about what I actually wrote and the conclusions that you've drawn from that.
    Are you borrowing FMF’s tired rejoinder when he’s busted on substance, that he was just misunderstood?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 14:10
    Hosea 6
    6For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice,
    And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
    Which is why God did away with the sacrificial system in the Old Testament by the one-time sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who, when voluntarily accepted into one’s heart, creates the loyalty to God that He desires.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 15:21
    Are you borrowing FMF’s tired rejoinder when he’s busted on substance, that he was just misunderstood?
    No.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 15:322 edits
    Which is why God did away with the sacrificial system in the Old Testament by the one-time sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who, when voluntarily accepted into one’s heart, creates the loyalty to God that He desires.
    The fact is that the sacrificial system depicted in the early parts of the OT was abrogated in the latter parts of the OT. This recurring theme was depicted by the late OT prophets. Hosea 6 was but one depiction.

What you've written here ignores this fact. The sacrificial system depicted in the early parts of the OT was abrogated by the time Jesus walked the Earth. This was an important reason for Jesus to cleanse the temple of everything that had been built up around that subsequently worthless system.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 15:43
    The fact is that the sacrificial system depicted in the early parts of the OT was abrogated in the latter parts of the OT. This recurring theme was depicted by the late OT prophets. Hosea 6 was but one depiction.

What you've written here ignores this fact. The sacrificial system depicted in the early parts of the OT was abrogated by the time Jesus wal ...[text shortened]... nsing the temple of everything that had been built up around that subsequently worthless system.
    <<This was an important reason for Jesus cleansing the temple of everything that had been built up around that subsequently worthless system.>>

What in the Bible do you base this statement on? Jesus Christ Himself said why he overturned tables and threw out the money changers. It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 15:46
    <<This was an important reason for Jesus cleansing the temple of everything that had been built up around that subsequently worthless system.>>

What in the Bible do you base this statement on? Jesus Christ Himself said why he overturned tables and threw out the money changers. It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God.
    Perhaps you missed the following the first time I posted it:

Here. Let's see if we can help you to develop something deeper than a "Sunday School" understanding.

Find all the depictions of the cleaning of the temple. Compare and contrast them to synthesize a more robust picture. After you've done that, see if you can find a tangentially related passage that will serve to illuminate what Jesus was conveying.

If you understood other things that Jesus taught, you'd be doing these types of things as a matter of routine. It's clear that you neither understand nor do those types of things..
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 15:56
    Perhaps you missed the following the first time I posted it:

Here. Let's see if we can help you to develop something deeper than a "Sunday School" understanding.

Find all the depictions of the cleaning of the temple. Compare and contrast them to synthesize a more robust picture. After you've done that, see if you can find a tangentially related pa ...[text shortened]... gs as a matter of routine. It's clear that you neither understand nor do those types of things..
    So you have no verses or passages from the Bible to support your view? I have Jesus Christ’s own words. Why do you not believe Him?

Why do you not believe so much else of what He said, such as when He said He came down from heaven and identified Himself as God?

Why do you trust that the Gospel writers accurately wrote of Jesus’ teachings when you think they were mistaken when they wrote of the miracles He performed?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 16:153 edits
    So you have no verses or passages from the Bible to support your view? I have Jesus Christ’s own words. Why do you not believe Him?

Why do you not believe so much else of what He said, such as when He said He came down from heaven and identified Himself as God?

Why do you trust that the Gospel writers accurately wrote of Jesus’ teachings when you think they were mistaken when they wrote of the miracles He performed?
    I have Jesus Christ’s own words. Why do you not believe Him?

Actually I do believe Him. What an illogical conclusion. Read what He actually said.

He did not actually say that " It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God"..True or Not True?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 16:42
    [b] I have Jesus Christ’s own words. Why do you not believe Him?

Actually I do believe Him. What an illogical conclusion. Read what He actually said.

He did not actually say that " It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God"..True or Not True?[/b]
    Here’s what He said:

“And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.“

(Matthew 21:12-13)
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 16:44
    Here’s what He said:

“And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.“

(Matthew 21:12-13)
    I know. He did not actually say that " It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God"..True or Not True?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 16:52
    I know. He did not actually say that " It was because they were conducting commerce in a House of God"..True or Not True?
    His words speak for themselves. How you interpret them to mean He was cleansing the Temple of the sacrificial system is beyond me. I think you’re just making things up to fit your ideology, rather than allowing Jesus to speak for Himself.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 18:19
    What is the name of your god?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 18:20
    Jesus claimed to be sent by god; as a proponent of his truths, do you believe him on this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree