Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Evidently you were never in any real danger of being the sharpest person in school.
And evidently, you don't 'state (your) positions more than most if not all posters on this forum,' as you claim, as cannot even bring yourself to answer the question:

'On what basis do you attribute the words spoken by Jesus as genuine, and other parts of the Bible as untrue?'

It's abundantly clear to anybody following this conversation that you recognize the weakness in your own beliefs and in your personal ability to defend them under close scrutiny.

T

Moves
01 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
And evidently, you don't 'state (your) positions more than most if not all posters on this forum,' as you claim, as cannot even bring yourself to answer the question:

'On what basis do you attribute the words spoken by Jesus as genuine, and other parts of the Bible as untrue?'

It's abundantly clear to anybody following this conversation th ...[text shortened]... e weakness in your own beliefs and in your personal ability to defend them under close scrutiny.

You sincerely believe that the conclusion you've drawn here is logical?

Yeah, no danger - no danger at all.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 18
2 edits

[b]And evidently, you don't 'state (your) positions more than most if not all posters on this forum,' as you claim, as cannot even bring yourself to answer the question:

You sincerely believe that the conclusion you've drawn here is logical?

Yeah, no danger - no danger at all.[/b]
You accidentally edited the tagline:

It's abundantly clear to anybody following this conversation that you recognize the weakness in your own beliefs and in your personal ability to defend them under close scrutiny.

(The reason you seek to obscure and deflect).

T

Moves
01 Mar 18

You accidentally edited the tagline:

(The reason you seek to obscure and deflect).

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 18

T

Moves
01 Mar 18

lol. CLEARLY you were never in any real danger of being the sharpest person in school.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 18

lol. CLEARLY you were never in any real danger of being the sharpest person in school.
Sure, but then:

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 18

Sure, but then:

The way you constantly repeat yourself is a dead giveaway you’re either being coached by FMF - or are FMF.

If the latter, I guess you never really retired at all!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
The way you constantly repeat yourself is a dead giveaway you’re either being coached by FMF - or are FMF.

If the latter, I guess you never really retired at all!
Actually, if you bothered to follow the thread you'd see I'm merely reflecting ToO's habit of repeating text.

You, of course, can relate to that lazy approach to debating.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 18

Actually, if you bothered to follow the thread you'd see I'm merely reflecting ToO's habit of repeating text.

You, of course, can relate to that lazy approach to debating.
Oh, amigo.

False accusations have always been the most used tool in your trolling toolbox, but I thought FMF was showing you some new techniques.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 18

Sure, but then:

Anybody ? I see a lot of heresay and conjecture around here, 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Mar 18
2 edits

The truth in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry still rings out loud and clear despite the corruptions that were introduced by the NT writers. The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.

You're saying really that you just don't believe the Bible when it speaks of Christ.

You are just wrapping philosophy around your abject unbelief, selectively salvaging a saying here or there that is useful to they philosophy.

Regardless of which what sophisticated warmness you "approve" of your selected sayings. what is really going on is you don't believe the New Testament for the most part. You just don't take it.

I understand. You put quotation marks around "eternal life," why ? You don't believe such a life exists.

Of course since not every sentence and every action of Jesus Christ is involved in the miraculous, it is not hard to pass your approval on a subset of text.

The patchwork "Jesus during His ministry" of the non-offensive, non-miraculous, and non-Lordly is harder to construct then simply believing what He said and the accounts of His living. I think you have the harder job maintaining what is really an idol of your imagination that you've erected instead of the Christ of the New Testament.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
You put quotation marks around "eternal life," why ? You don't believe such a life exists....

...The patchwork "Jesus during His ministry" of the non-offensive, non-miraculous, and non-Lordly is harder to construct then simply believing what He said and the accounts of His living. I think you have the harder job maintaining what is really an idol of your imagination that you've erected instead of the Christ of the New Testament.
Excellent, well said.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Excellent, well said.
You seem to think that the humanity of Jesus is a temporary thing. Unitarianism doesn't appreciate that God and man are joined together in Jesus Christ forever and ever ??

Unitarianism doesn't think God will remain God manifest in the flesh for eternity?

I wonder if we have two extremes here.

One - that God did not become incarnate in ToO's "Jesus ministry while He walked on earth."

The Other - that God's incarnation as a man is only a temporary matter not extending into eternity.

When do you think God manifest in the flesh comes to an end ? What passages leads you to that belief ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship
You seem to think that the humanity of Jesus is a temporary thing. Unitarianism doesn't appreciate that God and man are joined together in Jesus Christ forever and ever ??
I am not a "Unitarian".