Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 03:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If there were a god.
    1. Why should I worship it?
    2. Why would it be bothered?
    I love my parents and family, I'm sure there are those that do not. I believe
    it to be the natural correct thing to have a loving relationship with one's
    family. Being bothered to put in the effort is the right thing to do, instead of
    being self centered and uncaring. Everything you have you owe to the one
    who made this place and holds it together by the power of His Word.

He is worthy.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 04:391 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I love my parents and family, I'm sure there are those that do not. I believe
    it to be the natural correct thing to have a loving relationship with one's
    family. Being bothered to put in the effort is the right thing to do, instead of
    being self centered and uncaring. Everything you have you owe to the one
    who made this place and holds it together by the power of His Word.

He is worthy.
    Kelly
    Even if every word you say is true ...

1. Why should one worship it (a god)?
    2. Why would it(a god) be bothered?

edit: I changed "I" to "one"
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 20:402 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 04:08
    Even if every word you say is true ...

[b]
    1. Why should one worship it (a god)?
    2. Why would it(a god) be bothered?

edit: I changed "I" to "one"[/b]
    If you are asking if every word I said was true, so what?
    I have nothing for you, because if you cannot grasp the meaning no words
    of mine will enlighten you.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 09:39
    If you are asking if every word I said was true, so what?
    I have nothing for you, because if you cannot grasp the meaning no words
    of mine will enlighten you.
    Kelly
    I am not asking for truthfulness of your words.
    I am not asking for "enlightenment".

I am asking if you can answer one or both of my questions?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 01:052 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    A wife is an equal, one of my kind. A god is not.

I do not care if a bunch of ants worship me. Similarly, I don't see what's in it for a god, worrying so much about us worshiping him/her. Wouldn't it have a more interesting day hanging out with other god-like beings?

I do not care if a bunch of ants worship me. Similarly, I don't see what's in it for a god, worrying so much about us worshiping him/her. Wouldn't it have a more interesting day hanging out with other god-like beings?

1.) God did become like me.

"For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, to make the Author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers." (Hebrews 2:10,11)

God became a man. God as a man suffered.
    God as a man is not ashamed to call His followers "brothers" .

Jesus is my Elder Brother.

He came not for a ONE WAY trip but for a ROUND TRIP.
    He brought God into man so that He might bring man into God.

"Since therefore the children have shared in blood and flesh, He also Himself in like manner partook of the same, that through death He might detroy him who has the might of death, that is, the devil." (.14)

Christ who is God partook of flesh.
    Christ who is God suffered.
    Christ who is God died and in doing so destroyed the Devil with his own weapon.

He draws forth from my being spontaneous adoration, thanksgiving and praise. I do not have to check any "flow-chart" to tell me when to stand or kneel or speak. Quite spontaneously my love overflows towards God.

If you feel forced to "worship" that is no worship.

And as you mention wife and husband and marriage you might notice that the 66 books of the Bible conclude with a universal marriage. Christ is the Bridegroom and the New Jerusalem is the Bride and Wife. This is in Revelation 21 and 22 the closing last two chapters of the Bible.

So my idea of worship includes a divine Romance between two eternal married parties - God in Christ and His collective and corporate counterpart.

Notice that the closing passages speak of the Spirit and the Bride -

"And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely." (Rev. 22:17)

The phrase "the Spirit and the Bride" is quite revealing. We would expect the pairing to be "the [Bridegroom] and the Bride" . But the Bridegroom has become the Spirit WITHIN the Bride, the New Jerusalem.

Her worship is her ENJOYMENT of His indwelling presence.
    Her worship is a quenching of her thirst -

"And let him who is THIRSTY come; let him who wills take the water of life freely."

If you think of "worship" as being coerced to behave by some computer program like flowchart, then that is no worship. God desires that we worship in spirit and in truthfulness - like drinking in God. Our worship is drinking deeply of God like a beverage of thirst quenching liquid.

Why should I not worship in this way? I sense a THIRST for life. And this object of my worship is ETERNAL life.

We will "marry" Him. We will "marry" Him by being filled with Him, being filled with His life giving Spirit.

I don't know about the ant example. But take a bee example. If you could become the bee's food then that would be a better analogy. If the bees ate you, ate of the royal honey the you became then their "worship" would be the enjoyment of their feasting on you as their food.

The analogy is not intended to be perfect.

The question of religious worship came up in the fourth chapter of John. The Samaritan woman beside the well argued with Jesus about the proper location for worship of God. The Jews said one thing and the Samaritans said something else. This was all a matter of religion.

Jesus directed her to the worship of the Father in spirit and in reality as a drinking from a fountain of life that would be installed within her:

" Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. ... But an hour is coming when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truthfulness, for the Father also seeks such to worship Him.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truthfulness." (John 4:21-24)

This is the spontaneous overflow of truthful connecting between us and the Father. And Jesus spoke of this worship as drinking living water that has been installed within. He is talking about the Holy Spirit being imparted into man as a gushing up fountain of eternal life.

"Jesus answered and said to her, Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again. But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life." (v.14)

We want the gushing up of the Spirit of the living God.

We don't care about you and wolfgang's terror that someone is going to force you to go through some sanctimonious behavior as a religious duty. We're captured by Christ's sheer beauty. Our thirst for life is quenched by opening our mouths to call on His name with thanksgiving and praise.

No one is interested in your dread of religious duty or coercing you to act at "worshipping".

Jesus Lord I'm captured by thy Beauty

YouTube
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 01:21
    I am not asking for truthfulness of your words.
    I am not asking for "enlightenment".

I am asking if you can answer one or both of my questions?
    I answered both you missed it.
    If you love your family members its a good thing the way it should be.
    God is closer to you than your family members.
    God has done more for you than your family members.
    God loves each of us more than we love anyone else.
    God supports everything that keeps you alive and so on.
    If you believe its right to love and honor family, than it should be more
    so with God.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 03:22
    Originally posted by sonship

1.) God did become like me.

[b]"For it was fitti ...[text shortened]...
    [b]Jesus Lord I'm captured by thy Beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk7nXZOOTBs[/b]
    Summary for those who can't be arsed to read all that:

Blah, blah, blah...Jesus was a man for a mere 30 years, so now he totally gets me, ... he's going to marry me (but I'm not gay), ... more blah blah quote scripture/quote scripture/quote scripture, and now I'm going to attribute a bunch of crap to you that you never came close to saying, dread, terror, coercion, the end.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 04:08

Blah, blah, blah...Jesus was a man for a mere 30 years, so now he totally gets me, ... he's going to marry me (but I'm not gay), ... more blah blah quote scripture/quote scripture/quote scripture, and now I'm going to attribute a bunch of crap to you that you never came close to saying, dread, terror, coercion, the end.
    I was just reading some scripture tonight. In the OT Jews were going to the temple by day to worhship God, but at night they would worship idols and would trample the poor under foot and steal from them

The response from God was that their worship was a stinch to him and meaningless.

True worship comes from embracing holiness and loving it. Fear has nothing to do with it.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 06:50
    I answered both you missed it.
    Reread it.
    Missed it again.

I think you are so blinkered by your religion you cannot even understand the questions.

Maybe I should have only asked one question at a time?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 10:55
    Reread it.
    Missed it again.

I think you are so blinkered by your religion you cannot even understand the questions.

You were answered, maybe not to your liking, but you were.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 11:41
    Reread it.
    Missed it again.

Due to who you are in the universe and who God is, you should show
    him deference due Him.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 12:25
    You were answered, maybe not to your liking, but you were.
    Kelly
    Yes, but you did not get one of those thumbs up thingys. 😞
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 12:39

So says SwissGambit, another empty dying liar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree