1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 00:54
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Well, they're a Muslim country.
    Well I guess that must prove your point then.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 00:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well I guess that must prove your point then.
    That being Muslim is not synonymous in any way with being a threat to peace? Yes.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 01:142 edits
    That being Muslim is not synonymous in any way with being a threat to peace? Yes.
    Lol! Boy you're desperate.

No, that the only country in the world that can clearly claim to be muslim and peacefull, is a holiday island with little visibility of islam and who's ecconomy is soley based on and reliant a western model.

EDIT: it's not being a muslim that's the threat - it is actually Islam itself.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 01:53
    [b]in Pakistan, every year, you will see hordes of people queuing up to take their money from the banks before the government can impose zakat, and I am not sure if Zakat is binding on Shia.

I don't consider Pakistan a true Muslim country because they are not peaceful, and unlike the Palestinians, they have reason to be.

And Zakat is binding to all ...[text shortened]... otably, many, many more people have died in the name of Jesus than in the name of Mohammed.[/b]
    ''but I think you don't really know'' - no this is not true, for i provided a scriptural reference, from the Anjil, which you, as a Muslim are under duress, not only to accept, as it is, the word of God, but to abide by it. however because of you're ignorance of scripture you were/are unaware, but that's ok, we cannot know everything, can we. yet this is the main difference, the exercise of conscience and the appeal to reason, for when one is set and guided by a whole plethora of rules and regulations, as is Islam and Judaism, where is the faculty for the exercise of conscience? what then transpires is that worship becomes nothing but a ritual. or an outward display or worse still confusion arises through interpretation of the law and the ordinary man must consult a legal expert in whose hand the religious text and its interpretation exists.

yes there are many millions of devout Muslims and Christians, but ask them what they believe and they are at a loss, why, because their worship is but a ritualistic facade, an empty adherence to vague assertions about torment and punishment, paradise and hell. This was not the way of the Christ, for there are but two binding laws, to love God and to love ones fellow man, thus a person through the exercise of an informed conscience can reflect to an even greater extent divine qualities which was not possible under both the Mosaic law and under present day Islamic Law and when we examine the lives of Christ and Muhammed your prophet, there is a contrast, is there not, and for Christians there can be no greater example and anything else simply palls in comparison.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 04:34
    the only country in the world that can clearly claim to be muslim and peacefull, is a holiday island with little visibility of islam and who's ecconomy is soley based on and reliant a western model.
    This is dishonest of you.

And yet I'm sure you yourself feel sure enough of what you believe, to "win" without resorting to this, yes?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 05:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes there are many millions of devout Muslims and Christians, but ask them what they believe and they are at a loss, why, because their worship is but a ritualistic facade, an empty adherence to vague assertions about torment and punishment, paradise and hell. This was not the way of the Christ, for there are but two binding laws, to love God and to ...[text shortened]... and for Christians there can be no greater example and anything else simply palls in comparison.
    So what is your view of the origin of the mosaic laws?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 08:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is dishonest of you.
    Dishonest, how so?

Do you have something to add here or are your intentions to mearly lurk and mod 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 08:521 edit
    Dishonest, how so?
    The only country in the world that can clearly claim to be muslim and peacefull is the Maldives? This is what you profess to be your credible, intellectual stance on this issue? Seriously? Honestly?

Note: Lurk, me? I've posted almost 60 times on this thread. What do you mean?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 09:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So what is your view of the origin of the mosaic laws?
    my view will count for nothing my friend! I, like you, am a human with frailties and inconsistencies. The law served a purpose, that was all! It created an environment in which the Israelites were made aware of their sinful nature and the need for atonement. This was achieved in an anti-typical way through the blood sacrifices of animals and thus should have pointed them in the direction of the Christ. Paul aptly terms the Law, as a 'tutor', leading us to Christ.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 11:09
    my view will count for nothing my friend! I, like you, am a human with frailties and inconsistencies. The law served a purpose, that was all! It created an environment in which the Israelites were made aware of their sinful nature and the need for atonement. This was achieved in an anti-typical way through the blood sacrifices of animals and thus ...[text shortened]... in the direction of the Christ. Paul aptly terms the Law, as a 'tutor', leading us to Christ.
    I find it interesting how many people criticize Islamic law, claim Christianity is better, but when I point out that the Old Testament laws were little different they always find a way to justify them.

If it turns out that in Islam there is a Christ like figure 500 years from now and the current Islamic Laws turn out to be a 'tutor' leading us to that Christ like figure, then do you accept that there is nothing wrong with the laws as they stand today?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 11:24
    If it turns out that in Islam there is a Christ like figure 500 years from now and the current Islamic Laws turn out to be a 'tutor' leading us to that Christ like figure, then do you accept that there is nothing wrong with the laws as they stand today?
    Only trouble is, the Muslims find the whole idea of God coming "down" to Earth in human form totally ludicrous and essentially blasphemous. Not sure about the blasphemous bit, but - and I know it's kind of splitting theist hairs - but I feel the "ludicrous" bit gives them some kind of kudos in the side by side comparison with Christians. Theoretically speaking. For the sake of argument. etc.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 13:011 edit
    I find it interesting how many people criticize Islamic law, claim Christianity is better, but when I point out that the Old Testament laws were little different they always find a way to justify them.

If it turns out that in Islam there is a Christ like figure 500 years from now and the current Islamic Laws turn out to be a 'tutor' leading us to that ...[text shortened]... like figure, then do you accept that there is nothing wrong with the laws as they stand today?
    sorry but i do not know if you are aware of the fact, but Muslims have no concept of a propitiatory sacrifice for the covering of or the atonement of sin, therefore your assertion is quite simply impossible.

i have consistently provided reasons as to why the 'law', of Christianity is superior, in that it allows for the exercise of the faculty of human conscience and thus an individual , in a more complete sense is able to reflect divine qualities, something which the Mosaic law and Islamic Law makes no provision for. If you are able to refute this, then let us hear it, otherwise the argument is sound.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 14:31
    i have consistently provided reasons as to why the 'law', of Christianity is superior, in that it allows for the exercise of the faculty of human conscience and thus an individual , in a more complete sense is able to reflect divine qualities, something which the Mosaic law and Islamic Law makes no provision for. If you are able to refute this, then let us hear it, otherwise the argument is sound.
    I was not trying to refute it. I was pointing out that you find that the Mosaic Law was acceptable to God at one point in time and it shares the characteristics you find fault with in Islamic law, then why cant your justification for mosaic law be equally applied to Islamic law?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 14:49
    I was not trying to refute it. I was pointing out that you find that the Mosaic Law was acceptable to God at one point in time and it shares the characteristics you find fault with in Islamic law, then why cant your justification for mosaic law be equally applied to Islamic law?
    yes ok whitey my friend I understand now. The problem is that they are not the same, nor would I say mutually dependent, although both rather interestingly make no provision for the exercise of conscience. For example, the punishment for stealing is quite different, marriage laws are quite different, divorce laws are quite different etc etc. They are not the same.
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 20:54
    Lol! Boy you're desperate.

No, that the only country in the world that can clearly claim to be muslim and peacefull, is a holiday island with little visibility of islam and who's ecconomy is soley based on and reliant a western model.

EDIT: it's not being a muslim that's the threat - it is actually Islam itself.
    Several of Rajk's listed countries are peaceful, if corrupt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree