Why does God exist?

Why does God exist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by Gary Weaver
We are all asking the wrong people this question. Lets ask God why he exists. He will answer!
A non-answer is also an answer.

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by uzless
People said the same thing to Einstein, the same thing to Newton, to Kant, to Les Paul, to Freud. Yet, they all came up with new ideas. We should never accept that we have examined every issue from every side and that new insights are not to be gained by a re-examination.

If not you, then who?
You maybe?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by Lord Shark
You maybe?
Clever, but it's my question...I can't provide the answer too!

j

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by Lord Shark
Sorry, I don't believe you.
That's okay. No need to apologize.

d

Moves
25 Jun 09

No I said the tooth fairy doesn't exist, to ask why she doesn't is irrelevant, God is not a myth, He's real if you don't believe in Him or not

Moves
25 Jun 09

Clever, but it's my question...I can't provide the answer too!
Well look, I think asking for ground breaking thought on a messageboard is a tough ask. If you want to share what you have come up with that you haven't seen before, I'll do the same, otherwise I'll just assume that this was a tactical device on your part, ok?

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by jaywill
That's okay. No need to apologize.
Sometimes I feel I should go the extra mile.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jun 09

If God exists, why does he exist?
To exist. 🙂

F

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by daniel58
No I said the tooth fairy doesn't exist, to ask why she doesn't is irrelevant, God is not a myth, He's real if you don't believe in Him or not
Who do you answer? Me? Then quote the thing you are commenting upon. Just a good etiquette.

God is a myth. Nothing more. Just as the tooth fairy. Nothing more.
Allah is a myth. Nothing more. Of the same reason.
Heile Selassi however is not a myth, he was a real person. As was Jesus. Of the same reason.

AH

Moves
26 Jun 09

…God is not a myth

How do you know?

AH

Moves
26 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Gary Weaver
We are all asking the wrong people this question. Lets ask God why he exists. He will answer!
that’s like saying:

We are all asking the wrong people this question. Lets ask Santa why he exists. He will answer!

The problem with both suggestions is that they both presuppose the said thing that we are supposed to ask actually exists -an assumption that cannot be given any credence in the form of evidence (mere stories or scriptures doesn’t count as real evidence) or logical reasoning.

d

Moves
26 Jun 09

Sick! "If" the Bible wasn't the truth and if God doesn't exist and if He is just a myth and if Jesus wasn't God than 1. who cares about anything [the afterlife (if their is one in that case)] and 2. You people don't believe in morality!

Moves
26 Jun 09

Sick! "If" the Bible wasn't the truth and if God doesn't exist and if He is just a myth and if Jesus wasn't God than 1. who cares about anything [the afterlife (if their is one in that case)] and 2. You people don't believe in morality!
Religion is parasitic on morality.

d

Moves
26 Jun 09

Looked up parasitic said; bloodsucking is that what you meant? No Relegion has guidelines on how to live your life morally and if you don't believe in morality I feel sorry for you!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Jun 09

whoa, you just dropped off the deep end there danielson....you don't need to believe in god in order to be a moral person. Morals aren't defined by what the bible or any other religious book says.

You can live a completely moral life and not be a religious person. Get that into your head and you'll be much better off.