1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:14
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Well look, I think asking for ground breaking thought on a messageboard is a tough ask. If you want to share what you have come up with that you haven't seen before, I'll do the same, otherwise I'll just assume that this was a tactical device on your part, ok?
    Look, i'm not moses. I am not coming down from a high holding some rocks and a fireman's outfit. I'm not asking everyone to gather round while I tell about the insight i've gained from the voice in my head.

It's ok if you dont' have anything new. There are something like 10,000 users on RHP.

I can wait.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:17
    What I meant to say was; No you are wrong, Relegion has guidelines on how to live your life morally and if you don't believe in morality I feel sorry for you,

1. You didn't reply to my last message

2. God is Good you have to get your goodness from Him or you are not good.

3. Morals in part are defined by what the Bible and some other religious books say.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:32
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What I meant to say was; No you are wrong, Relegion has guidelines on how to live your life morally and if you don't believe in morality I feel sorry for you,

3. Morals in part are defined by what the Bible and some other religious books say.
    which one of us are you talking to ? hit the "reply and quote" link instead of just reply.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:321 edit

I don't believe in God, so i don't get my morals from there.

Does that make me a bad person?
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:36

Completely wrong. Not sure what high priestess drilled this into your head when you were an infant, but that is 12th Century brainwashing if ever there was one.

This suggests that before the bible was written, people didn't have morals. Is that what you believe? That before some monks sat down and wrote some stories, people were all a bunch of immoral junkies that didn't know the difference between right and wrong...between good and evil? It was only after someone put a bunch of different scrolls into one book that people finally became moral??

Interesting viewpoint you have.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:37

I'm wrong? What do you talk about? 😠
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:40
    Well morals in a broad sense can mean "good" sure you can be a good person but you've got to base your morals on something like "murder is bad". I think if you just say to yourself "God loves me" at least once a day even if it's only in your head, even if you don't believe in Him you will be happier it's O.K. to believe in God. 🙂
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:45
    NO! I said morals in "PART" we know about them in "PART" by the Bible, Morals have always existed and always will, it's just how God wants to reveal them to us. God gave us a conscious. What do I talk about? A lot of stuff!
  9. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:47
    Looked up parasitic said; bloodsucking is that what you meant? No Relegion has guidelines on how to live your life morally and if you don't believe in morality I feel sorry for you!
    I do believe in morality.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:48
    Great!
  11. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:50
    Originally posted by uzless
    Look, i'm not moses. I am not coming down from a high holding some rocks and a fireman's outfit. I'm not asking everyone to gather round while I tell about the insight i've gained from the voice in my head.

It's ok if you dont' have anything new. There are something like 10,000 users on RHP.

I can wait.
    So you are basically admitting that despite having nothing new yourself, you nonetheless implied that I was in some way deficient for not offering something new?
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 17:51
    Great!
    I don't believe in god though.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 18:54
    That's your problem not mine.
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:08
    That's your problem not mine.
    No, that's true. Yours is different.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:11
    My problem is I'm not getting you to believe what I'm writing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree