1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 09:591 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I really shouldn't be too hard on Evolution. Rejection of acceptance of Evolution is not a criteria for salvation.

It is just that it is a modern icon that makes a handy example. When I came to Christ I was FULL of belief in evolution. He accepted me as I was.

There are many things we can enjoy in this creation. They are there for us and we should enj d for what He has arranged in the attractive and holy relationship between you and your woman.
    …Have you ever thanked God for the beauty He created in romantic love and in the form and personality of the opposite sex?
    ..…

Err no; I am an atheist so I don’t believe there is a god.
    I wouldn’t try to thank something that I don’t believe exists else that wouldn’t make much sense -right?

….If God can create someone so desirable, just think how desirable He Himself must be.
    ..…

Is “God” extremely sexually desirable?
    has "he" got bosoms?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 10:35
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You're confused....it's that simple.

That's you argument? Nothing more? So the rest of my posting you think you agree with? 🙂

Originally posted by dystoniac
    No, but your Volvo that starts everytime is your God, no?

Why do you think my Volvo is my god? I don't understand. Don't you have any argomunets like these ones? Meaning that you cannot find anything else wrong in my postings? Oh, well, I take that as a compliment! 🙂
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:124 edits
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Have you ever thanked God for the beauty He created in romantic love and in the form and personality of the opposite sex?
    ..…

I wouldn’t try to thank something that I don’t believe exists else that wouldn’t make much sense -right?

….If God can create someone so desirable ...[text shortened]... He Himself must be.
    ..…

has "he" got bosoms?[/b]
    =============================
    =======================================

You must not have read my example of a good prayer carefully. You do not believe God exists. But you do not know that God does not exist. It may be the case that for you God doesn't seem to exist.

That could be the case while you are still enjoying the creation of this God with whom you have no communion or fellowship.

So I included a prayer of thankfulness of a person "just in case" God does exist. I wrote like this - "If you are there, I just want to thank You God."

I think that is a reasonable prayer of thankfulness even for one who does not really know for certain that there is no God. I can't see how it would hurt.

I think that a refusal even to be thankful to a potentially existent God is more of an expression of one desireing that there would be no God. This person is not unable to believe in God. Rather this person hopes that there is no God. He simply refuses to be thankful just in case his negative ideas just turn out to be wrong.

I don't see what harm it could possibly do.

===============================
    ….If God can create someone so desirable, just think how desirable He Himself must be.
    ..…

has "he" got bosoms?
    ===================================

Yes. In a way. In the Hebrew El Shadai in Genesis 15 has the word picture of The Big Breasted One. It is definitely a femine word picture in the original language. It is often translated as All Sufficient. But I think it actually means something akin to Large Breasted.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:242 edits
    I think the god you would want to worship would be one which hasn’t the power to stop human suffering (else he/she/it would have to be a cruel or cold god to allow it) and never would punish nor deliberately causes human suffering nor even mentally judge us but does always love and care for all sapient beings (not just us) even though he/she/it cannot necessarily help us 🙂
    ==================================
    I think the god you would want to worship would be one which hasn’t the power to stop human suffering
    ======================================

You wrote this many hours ago. In the intervening time I wonder if you have repented or sought God or sought sanctification.

Probably you have not. So the one delaying the coming in of a perfect world is YOU.

The Bible says that He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentence. But you delay repentence. So if God were in the last hours clear up all the problems of the suffering and sinning world, where do you think Andrew Hamilton would be?

While you are complaining that God is doing nothing, millions of us are heeding the Gospel and repenting of our sins to the Savior. We are also being sanctified and transformed in preparation for the kingdom of God to come.

The unrepentent person who complains that God is dragging His feet and not able to bring in justice and peace, is only accumulating more and more wrath for himself.

If in the next half hour Almighty God were to clear up the earth of misfortune, injustice, lies, selfishness, iniquity, unrighteuosness, sins and execute the righteous judgement and dispense the approriate forgiveness to the repenters, I don't think you would like the situation you would find yourself in.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:301 edit
    has "he" got bosoms?

Yes. In a way. In the Hebrew El Shadai in Genesis 15 has the word picture of The Big Breasted One. It is definitely a femine word picture in the original language. It is often translated as All Sufficient. But I think it actually means something akin to Large Breasted.[/b]
    Okay, from now on I call "The One And Only" - godess.

(Like I call my own "The One And Only" girlfriend, but on the other hand, she *is* a goddess, and less beardy...)
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:31
    A lot of athiests complain that God is not great enough to solve the problems of the humanity. But they usually consider that it is the OTHER guy who needs fixing.

It doesn't occur to them to personally allow God to start with THEMSELVES. This kind of logic means nothing.

That is for everyone to expect that God would do His salvation work "out there, over there, with those people, you know ... those OTHER people."

In this age of the Gospel the work is one at a time. And each person must draw a circle around him or herself and ask God to begin to work upon them for their transformation.

It is a foolish thought to think saving the world only involves work not including "me".
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, from now on I call "The One And Only" - [b]godess.

(Like I call my own "The One And Only" girlfriend, but on the other hand, she *is* a goddess, and less beardy...)[/b]
    =============================
    Like I call my own "The One And Only" gorlfriend, but on the other hand, she is a goddess, and less beardy...)
    ===================================

When are you going to be a man and start taking care of your girlfriend as a wife for life?

You can't just take care of her breasts you know. She's quite a bit more than that, as you will eventually learn.

And a successful relationship between a man and a women is more than the bedroom.
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:441 edit
    A lot of athiests complain that God is not great enough to solve the problems of the humanity. But they usually consider that it is the OTHER guy who needs fixing.

It doesn't occur to them to personally allow God to start with THEMSELVES. This kind of logic means nothing.

That is for everyone to expect that God would do His salvation work "out there,
    It is a foolish thought to think saving the world only involves work not including "me".
    …A lot of atheists complain that God is not great enough to solve the problems of the humanity..…

Logically that must be false. That must be one of the most illogical assertions I have ever read. How can any atheists complain that God is …(whatever)…when, by the DEFINITION of “atheist”, they do NOT believe that there is a god!!! -I mean, how can it ever be possible for someone to complain about an aspect of something X when they don’t believe that X exists?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 11:541 edit
    =========================
    Logically that must be false. That must be one of the most illogical assertions I have ever read. How can any atheists complain that God is …(whatever)…when, by the DEFINITION of “atheist”, they do NOT believe that there is a god!!! -I mean, how can it ever be possible for someone to complain about an aspect of something X when they don’t believe that X exists?

Because in one moment many athiets posture themselves like the existence of God is out of the question. But in the next moment they are full of complaints about His ways as they perceive them.

"I don't LIKE the way your God does things" is the strong implication. But they like to posture themselves like you do - that God's very existence is out of the question.

I consider most of this as simply posturing for argument's sake.
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:01
    [b]=============================
    =======================================

You must not have read my example of a good prayer carefully. You do not believe God exists. But you do n ...[text shortened]... All Sufficient. But I think it actually means something akin to Large Breasted.[/b]
    …You do not believe God exists. ..…

Correct.

….But you do not know that God does not exist. ..…

Incorrect; I DO KNOW there is no god. If I thought I do not know that “God” (or “gods&rdquo😉 does not exist then I would be an agnostic rather than a true atheist. But I DO KNOW there is no god for the same reasons why I KNOW there is no Santa EVEN if, hypothetically, everybody else believed there was a Santa.
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:083 edits
    [b]=========================
    Logically that must be false. That must be one of the most illogical assertions I have ever read. How can any atheists complain that God is …(whatever)…when, by the DEFINITION of “atheist”, they do NOT believe that there is a god!!! -I mean, how can it ever be possible for someone to complain about an aspect of something X w ut of the question.

I consider most of this as simply posturing for argument's sake.
    …But in the next moment they are full of complaints about His ways as they perceive them. ..…[/b]

Logically incorrect (for the reason I just gave).

…."I don't LIKE the way your God does things" is the strong implication.
    ..…

If an atheist said to you "I don't LIKE the way your God does things" then, logically, because he is an atheist, he must mean: "I don't LIKE the way your God does things if, hypothetically the kind of "God" YOU believe exists actually existed" but the atheist may not say it as the latter in order to avoid being pedantic. Obviously and logically, nothing what any atheist says is ever meant to imply that there IS a god! -and thus you would always be incorrect to think otherwise.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:143 edits
    [b]…You do not believe God exists. ..…

Correct.

….But you do not know that God does not exist. ..…

Incorrect; I DO KNOW there is no god. If I thought I do not know that “God” (or “gods&rdquo😉 does not exist then I would be an agnostic rather than a true atheist. But I DO KNOW there is no god for the same reasons why I KNOW there is no Santa EVEN if, hypothetically, everybody else believed there was a Santa.[/b]
    =====================
    Incorrect; I DO KNOW there is no god.
    ==============================

No you don't. You may know that for you subjective experience, God is not there. You don't know that God is not there to be enjoyed and experienced by other people in reality.

And since you have not been throughout all of the universe and all of time, you cannot know that no God exists somewhere or at some time where you have not been.

============================
    If I thought I do not know that “God” (or “gods&rdquo😉 does not exist then I would be an agnostic rather than a true atheist.
    ====================================

You don't know that there is no God. You don't believe there is a God, you claim.

You have no formula or statement of scientific certainty demonstrating beyond all mathematically precise doubt the non-existence of God.

But I DO KNOW there is no god for the same reasons why I KNOW there is no Santa EVEN if, hypothetically, everybody else believed there was a Santa.

Posturing.

I think the atheist who doesn't even bother coming to a Spirituality Forum to argue about the matter everyday, is slightly more convincing. He doesn't even think it is worth the time to discuss it.

You're posturing for a strong debating position. That's all.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:191 edit
    Better stated:

You have no formula or statement of scientific certainty demonstrating with mathematical precision and beyond all doubt the non-existence of God.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:24
    Better stated:

You have no formula or statement of scientific certainty demonstrating with mathematical precision and beyond all doubt the non-existence of God.
    You cannot ever mix religion and science.
    It's impossible to use science to prove the goddes exists.
    It's equally impossible to use science to prove that she doesn't exist.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:35
    [b]=====================
    Incorrect; I DO KNOW there is no god.

No you don't. You may know that for you subjective experience, God is not there. You don't know that God is not there to be enjoyed and experienced by other people in reality.

And since you have not been throughout all of the universe and all of ...[text shortened]... the time to discuss it.

You're posturing for a strong debating position. That's all.[/b]
    …==============================
    But I DO KNOW there is no god for the same reasons why I KNOW there is no Santa EVEN if, hypothetically, everybody else believed there was a Santa.

Posturing.
    ..…

So does that mean you believe there is a Santa?
    If not, explain your rational in believing that there is no Santa EVEN if, hypothetically, everybody else believed there was a Santa.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree