Why Does God Reveal Himself to Some People and Not to Others?

Why Does God Reveal Himself to Some People and Not to Others?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Aug 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
I believe anyone who seeks God honestly will find Him.
Kelly
Well, with the greatest of respect to your beliefs, I am afraid I must inform you that on this you are mistaken.

Moves
10 Aug 10

Kelly
And it is this belief of yours that is immune from disconfirmation in precisely the way I have pointed out. If anybody states that they have honestly sought god and yet not found anything, you won't count their evidence. You'll just say they didn't look in the right way or with enough honesty, or whatever.

I think you ought to acknowledge that this way of keeping beliefs is inherently flawed as well as disrespectful to your interlocutors.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Well, with the greatest of respect to your beliefs, I am afraid I must inform you that on this you are mistaken.
I'll go along with, we agree to disagree.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Lord Shark
And it is this belief of yours that is immune from disconfirmation in precisely the way I have pointed out. If anybody states that they have honestly sought god and yet not found anything, you won't count their evidence. You'll just say they didn't look in the right way or with enough honesty, or whatever.

I think you ought to acknowledge that this way of keeping beliefs is inherently flawed as well as disrespectful to your interlocutors.
I'm am sharing with you a key point in my faith, God has made a way for all of us
to be saved. Not everyone will be, for a variety of reasons, but none will be due
to the fact they sought out God honestly and God made sure He was not found
by them.
Kelly

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Aug 10

I'll go along with, we agree to disagree.
Kelly
You may of course choose to believe that, but the fact remains that you are wrong.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
10 Aug 10

You may of course choose to believe that, but the fact remains that you are wrong.
I agree... you are wrong

Moves
10 Aug 10

I'm am sharing with you a key point in my faith, God has made a way for all of us
to be saved. Not everyone will be, for a variety of reasons, but none will be due
to the fact they sought out God honestly and God made sure He was not found
by them.
Kelly
I'm am sharing with you a key point in my faith,
Yes I know. You've shared it successfully. I am asking you to acknowledge some of the features this aspect of your faith has regardless of whether your beliefs are in fact true. In particular, it has the same feature of being unresponsive to evidence against it as the psychiatrist example, I gave a few posts ago.

Do you think you can do that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Aug 10

What am I wrong about, that God is real, or something else I said?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b]I'm am sharing with you a key point in my faith,

Yes I know. You've shared it successfully. I am asking you to acknowledge some of the features this aspect of your faith has regardless of whether your beliefs are in fact true. In particular, it has the same feature of being unresponsive to eviden ...[text shortened]... ainst it as the psychiatrist example, I gave a few posts ago.

Do you think you can do that?[/b]
I believe I have already shared with you that some are finding God and others are
not, and reasons for that. So if I'm right than those that are honestly seeking God
are finding Him I'm not sure what you want from me? Look at some of the responses
here, people want God to jump through some hoops to make them believe, they
want God to do something to removed doubt as if what ever they are asking for
couldn't be brushed off for some other reason that would come to them later.

So exactly what do you want from me, some way to measure an honest heart that
is seeking God or what God may do to them to answer that call?
Kelly

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 10

Kelly
You are wrong to call It "Him" in the first place, since God is pre-manifestation.
Secondly you are wrong to say "He" is a separate entity from the rest of [His] creation.
God is not provable. God is not seaparate from "His" creation.
God is just a word invented by man to express ideas that need faith and forsight to undrestand.
God is just a word. "He" has no name. Reality is reality. That is "God" . Christians call It "God". Athiests call it "reality". Lets not get hung up on linguistics here.

AH

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You are wrong to call It "Him" in the first place, since God is pre-manifestation.
Secondly you are wrong to say "He" is a separate entity from the rest of [His] creation.
God is not provable. God is not seaparate from "His" creation.
God is just a word invented by man to express ideas that need faith and forsight to undrestand.
God is just a word ...[text shortened]... ll It "God". Athiests call it "reality". Lets not get hung up on linguistics here.
“…Christians call It "God". Atheists call it "reality"…”

I am honestly puzzled by what you mean by that. Is that a misprint?

I am an atheist and what I refer to by the word “reality” is nothing supernatural ( because I don’t believe there is such a thing ) but rather all that exists externally from my perceptions and which is independent of any perception –how on earth can I mean a supernatural “God” from that?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Aug 10

Kelly

I accept that you believe this, but it is simply not true.

AH

Moves
11 Aug 10

[b]I believe anyone who seeks God honestly will find Him.

I accept that you believe this, but it is simply not true.[/b]
I agree.

You cannot find a non-existent something honestly –no matter HOW honestly you try!

In fact, you cannot find a non-existent something dishonestly! And this is true no matter HOW dishonestly and deviously and underhandedly you try and find it! Even if you cheat and lie and rape and kill to find it!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“…Christians call It "God". Atheists call it "reality"…”

I am honestly puzzled by what you mean by that. Is that a misprint?

I am an atheist and what I refer to by the word “reality” is nothing supernatural ( because I don’t believe there is such a thing ) but rather all that exists externally from my perceptions and which is independent of any perception –how on earth can I mean a supernatural “God” from that?
Again, its just linguistics.

Everyone sees some of reality, right?
No one sees all of it, right?
But "reality" means all that is, in a sense. All that is real, as opposed to imaginary.Even the bits you dont "see".

"God" for christians is reality because reality is "His" creation.
Reality for scientists is the empirical truth upon which life is based.

Surely this is a basic concept of linguistical differences.

To me the natural contains the supernatural . I see no divisions between a cup of tea and a fifth dimensional encounter with an E.T. ,(or "divine revelation", as some christians may call it)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Aug 10

[b]I believe anyone who seeks God honestly will find Him.

I accept that you believe this, but it is simply not true.[/b]
You'll never find anything looking in that ballpark, to be sure😉