1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:11
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    As a father, I consider myself just. I certainly plan to do all in my power to give my daughter the life she deserves. I certainly cannot imagine any time that I would deny her my presence, protection, or my guidence simply because she bears upon her some arbitrary label called Unredeemed. Sorry girl, I'm afraid you're on your own until an appropriate ...[text shortened]... hurt me. Except I can't be hurt. Sorry, I love you and all, but that is just the way it is.
    This is one way of looking at it. However, another way of looking at it is if your daughter wants nothing to do with you, what are you to do? Should you force yourself upon her? If you do she will endevour to push you away all the more. This is one of the tenants of love. You cannot force someone to love you back. You must respect her wishes no matter how it hurts you. There is a twist in this hypothetical scenerio, however. You are the source of all life. Therefore those who reject you are rejecting your life source. What now is the alternative for your daughter if she rejects this life source?

As far as the sin part, God is holy and therefore he cannot partake of sin. If he is to rejoin himself to you then that sin must be removed in some way or he would become a partaker of that sin once he is rejoined to you. This is why his Son came and died for us all. The blood washes away that sin so that he can rejoin you to himself without having to partake of your sin in the process.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:11
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    SELF WILL OR WILLFULNESS
    So having a strong will is evil? Then truly the apathetic will inherit the earth.

That's an exceptionally bad definition.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:21
    Originally posted by howardgee
    If the devil truly wants to cause maximum suffering, then he must want the innocent to suffer the most.
    Therefore he should be encouraging humans to do as many evil things as they can whilst they are alive. To achieve this, he should be advertising the rewards that evil people will get in Hell, not dissuading them from evil with threats of eternal suffering!
    And he does. Have you ever heard of a Satanist? Do you think that the Bible was written by Satan? It was inspired by God and was given as a warning. Satanists simply do not believe the truth surrounding the Bible and believe in fact that they will party with the devil in hell.

Satan does not limit his deception to getting you to beleive that hell is not a place of suffering. He also tries to get people to believe that hell does in fact not even exist. Either way you become decieved about the reality of hell with the same goal accomplished. Why should he care which method works the best?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:29
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So having a strong will is evil? Then truly the apathetic will inherit the earth.

That's an exceptionally bad definition.
    The Bible says that lack of faith in God's word is in fact sin. Evil is the after effects of sin. If the Bible is correct, God is, just, loving, all knowing, and holy. His will is therefore perfect. Those who go against such a will are therefore imperfect. Sin originates from this deviation from what is perfect. In other words, God's perfect will is what is best for his creation. To go against what is best for his creation would, in fact, not be a loving thing to do and he would cease being a God of love.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Bible says that lack of faith in God's word is in fact sin. Evil is the after effects of sin. If the Bible is correct, God is, just, loving, all knowing, and holy. His will is therefore perfect. Those who go against such a will are therefore imperfect. Sin originates from this deviation from what is perfect. In other words, God's perfect will is wha ...[text shortened]... s creation would, in fact, not be a loving thing to do and he would cease being a God of love.
    Blessed are the flip-floppers!

What a great means of controlling the masses. "Have no opinion of your own!" cried the high priests.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:421 edit

What a great means of controlling the masses. "Have no opinion of your own!" cried the high priests.
    Not transgressing the will of God does not necessitate the destruction of free will. In fact, Adam and Eve in the garden were free to partake of all the fruit of the garden except one tree.
  7. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:43
    And he does. Have you ever heard of a Satanist? Do you think that the Bible was written by Satan? It was inspired by God and was given as a warning. Satanists simply do not believe the truth surrounding the Bible and believe in fact that they will party with the devil in hell.

Satan does not limit his deception to getting you to beleive that hell is no ...[text shortened]... eality of hell with the same goal accomplished. Why should he care which method works the best?
    Whoever brainwashed you did a really good job. Who was it Whodey?
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:43

i do the same d'oh! i listen not really taking sides lol
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:51
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Whoever brainwashed you did a really good job. Who was it Whodey?
    Brainwashed through the blood of Christ. I just wished others would see the need for the cleansing of their minds. Before I came to the Lord my mind was in desperate need of cleansing.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 04:56
    Brainwashed through the blood of Christ.
    Okay, well just remember to wash on a cool setting, maybe 40C, preferably using a biological washing powder, and don't forget to soak it overnight first!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:16
    Brainwashed through the blood of Christ. I just wished others would see the need for the cleansing of their minds. Before I came to the Lord my mind was in desperate need of cleansing.
    Who was it who brain-washed you...er, I mean.. introduced you to the Lord?
  13. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:16
    This is one way of looking at it. However, another way of looking at it is if your daughter wants nothing to do with you, what are you to do? Should you force yourself upon her? If you do she will endevour to push you away all the more. This is one of the tenants of love. You cannot force someone to love you back. You must respect her wishes no matter how it hurts you. There is a twist in this hypothetical scenerio, however. You are the source of all life. Therefore those who reject you are rejecting your life source. What now is the alternative for your daughter if she rejects this life source?

I certainly would not allow her to be tortured in some arbitrary Hell that I myself must have invented. I certainly cannot force her to choose anything. It is the Christians who are trying to force the choice with an imaginary paradox (accept the need for blood sacrifice or not) and the threat of eternal damnation. As a parent I know that I must always keep my arms open. If she chooses not to come to me, then I will still keep my arms open. I will move unseen, cover up the holes in her path, open locked doors for her, cause her to fly when otherwise she would fall. Though it would be nice, I do not need her to recognise me for me to love her and not damn her to eternal damnation and torture.

As far as the sin part, God is holy and therefore he cannot partake of sin. If he is to rejoin himself to you then that sin must be removed in some way or he would become a partaker of that sin once he is rejoined to you. This is why his Son came and died for us all. The blood washes away that sin so that he can rejoin you to himself without having to partake of your sin in the process.

This statement only reinforces the idea that there is a power beyond the Christian concept of God. God is forced to be holy so he must follow the rules that go along with that. I mean, come on. Can you imagine the all powerful God rejecting his children just because they have some dirt on them? Eeewww! That that thing away it has cooties on it! I am perfectly clean, and cannot be soiled. Sure, I love you, just don't touch me with your grubby hands. Yuck. Here, let me wash you in some nice refreashing blood.

Does this really ring true to you? Or are you blinded by the fact that our culture severely limits the path one can take to God? Perhaps you yearn to be with God, but the only available path that even comes remotely close to your philosphical aims is through the Christian church? Blaze your own trail, man. Thousands of schoolchildren as baffled day in and day out because they are only given the answer and are never told how to think. Sure, we all know the answer, but is all this archaic nonsense about blood and redemption truly the way to get there?
  14. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:18
    Indeed. The Bible does not go into detail why God requires blood sacrifice, but it is apparent throughout the Bible that it is indeed needed. I, however, have my theories.

The Bible says that sin brings death. The Bible also says that our life is in the blood. Therefore, the blood washes away the sin and/or death is washed away with the life of the blood.
    And this makes sense how? If the life is in the blood, what of the soul? What of the breath?

The Bible says this, the Bible says that. Try thinking for yourself for a change.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 05:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree