1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 12:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    I guess I have no choice. Since you've taken the time to enumerate all your grievances at once I'll have to reply to each one individually.

[b]"Politics is human."

So it is.

"Religion is human."

So it is, but I don't have "religion". Some think Christianity is a religion, but I disagree. Christianity is a faith walk, not by sight, bu ...[text shortened]... st of your post as time permits. Understand this though, I have no "ire" towards you personally.[/b]
    For some Christians their political affiliation has a greater influence on them, than the teachings of Christ. Pretty sure Jesus would not be pleased about that, as their loyalty is to some political party or group rather than Christ.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think some discussions need to be shut down.

I mean, do Christians really believe that the unborn are human beings and it is really murder? If so, Progs are comparable to the average Nazi. What is there then to talk about?
    I don't know anyone who believes that the unborn are human lives that accepts it is okay
    to rip their bodies apart, to burn them with acid, to poke holes in their heads to suck out
    their brains. They dehumanize them to make those acts acceptable, so the discussion
    should be about who they are and what we are doing to them. If you simply reject out of
    hand that discussion what does that do for anyone? If they believe and grasp this is being
    done to a human life, than I'd have to agree with you, with their eyes wide open they
    know what they are doing and justify it nonetheless.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 13:162 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't know anyone who believes that the unborn are human lives that accepts it is okay
    to rip their bodies apart, to burn them with acid, to poke holes in their heads to suck out
    their brains. They dehumanize them to make those acts acceptable, so the discussion
    should be about who they are and what we are doing to them. If you simply reject out of
    ha ...[text shortened]... e with you, with their eyes wide open they
    know what they are doing and justify it nonetheless.
    Sure, explain it to them. Then when they argue, which they probably will,, close the door.

There is nothing else to splain.

At some point, you have to close the door on the ark.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 13:261 edit
    Before Christians became Christians they lived much of their lives by something else. These other matters have names some of us believers have used to refer to.

We lived by our "national philosophy".
    Or will lived by our "domestic logic."
    In my case because I am a minority group in the US, I might say I lived by my "ethnic philosophy" too.

These things are like survival skills. These matters are coping skills.
    They form our logic, our politics often, our world outlook, and our philosophy of society or life.

Now the man or woman becomes a follower of Jesus Christ. The lover of Christ is in the process of learning to live not by a philosophy but by a living Person, the indwelling Lord. This is a perfect man and a supernatural indwelling presence.

However, the believer's backround in his domestic logic, or his national philosophy, or his coping skills or politics are the "tried and true" thoughts by which he formerly lived. To touch those coping skills often causes a cautionary reaction.

To touch those coping philosophies with a sense of "Well God is on MY side, you know?" especially can cause resentment.

I am called away for a moment. i will continue in a few minutes.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 13:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"Try explaining why you've meshed your faith with your politics. What does Christianity have to do with political agendas? I don't get that."

Politics is human. Religion is human. We all have some aspect of these things, whether we claim it or not. Christianity informs every aspect of my life. Yes, including my politics. If you were to say th ...[text shortened]... I, or anybody, likes it or not, yes, we ARE our brother's keeper. It is our duty as Christians.[/b]
    Could a Nazi supporter be a Christian?

IF the unborn are actual people, last time I checked every single one was born a person, then you are a Nazi supporter.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 14:53
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Politics does not of necessity require the acquisition of power by an actor. Suppose I wanted an outcome, rather than acquire power for myself to attempt to bring it about a viable strategy is to hint to a powerful individual something they could do with the aim of bringing about the outcome I desire.
    I agree with that as it is practiced at ground level. When an individual enters into politics as a representative of the people that voted him or her into office they hold the power of that office to enact into law the will of the people for whom they represent.

Ideally. But human nature being what it is all to often those that seek political office have their own interests at heart. I've heard their speeches for over fifty years all the while observing the slow methodical demise of all that's good and right for the sake of the few and what they think freedom means.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I agree with that as it is practiced at ground level. When an individual enters into politics as a representative of the people that voted him or her into office they hold the power of that office to enact into law the will of the people for whom they represent.

Ideally. But human nature being what it is all to often those that seek political office have ...[text shortened]... l demise of all that's good and right for the sake of the few and what they think freedom means.
    Recorded human history is abysmal in terms of man's inhumanity to man.

It shows that mankind is not designed to rule over his fellow man. It also reminds me of how God set up the nation of Israel with just a few judges to keep the peace and no king.

Of course, the people of Israel had to give in to peer pressure and wanted to be like all the other nations and demanded a king. God then warned them but they would not relent, so he gave them what they demanded. This led to a spiral downward for the nation of Israel until they had completely lost their nation and wound up as slaves elsewhere.

It shows that the Bible is right regarding the corruption of the nature of mankind and the eventual demise of our current systems.

Of course, those not of faith put all their hope in government and ignore recorded history and try to sell us on the notion that it will work this time. They then try to claim that the nature of man is just fine and point to ancient man that is not recorded in history as being peace loving and later corrupted by whatever they think is wrong with the world today.

Luckily for them, none of it is recorded.

I suppose everyone demands hope of some kind.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 16:08
    Recorded human history is abysmal in terms of man's inhumanity to man.

It shows that mankind is not designed to rule over his fellow man.
    Often that inhumanity is done in the name of religion.

Does that show religion is not fit for purpose?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 17:34
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

The case of abortion its done in the name of human rights in my opinion.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 18:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The case of abortion its done in the name of human rights in my opinion.
    I believe the issue is much more complex than that.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 18:46

Sure, religion is used as a tool of the state.

For Christians, Constantine was the first to do so, even though he himself was not a Christian. He continued to worship pagan gods, but probably adopted Christianity for political purposes. Perhaps he was impressed by the spread of the religion despite tremendous persecution.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 18:46
    To complex to fully understand, eh?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 19:31
    To complex to fully understand, eh?
    For you, maybe sir.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 00:10
    How?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 07:54
    Could a Nazi supporter be a Christian?

IF the unborn are actual people, last time I checked every single one was born a person, then you are a Nazi supporter.
    And you are misinformed, and in more than one way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree