Why I am a Progressive Christian

Why I am a Progressive Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 17

The subject is why Suzianne is a progressive Christian.
Excuse the distraction.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by sonship
No.

God has spoken to us in the Bible.
We need that very much.

And God still speaks to us when His living Spirit enlightens to the heart the words of the Bible. This is called the [b]rhema
or the word. The previous is called the logos.

No, Ghost, I would rather let the word of God erase in me those sins, transgressions, iniquitie ...[text shortened]... s of the fallen Adamic humanity.

Did this answer your question?
Did it over do it ?
Good.[/b]
Sir, if you didn't over do it, it wouldn't be a sonship reply.

The bible is so full of embarrassing contradictions and acts of divine monstrosity that I thought you might rather like to re-write it and take all that unpalatable stuff out. You could even put some stuff in about the trinity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

The bible is so full of embarrassing contradictions and acts of divine monstrosity that I thought you might rather like to re-write it and take all that unpalatable stuff out. You could even put some stuff in about the trinity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a genuine lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Check new thread on "Back to Contradictions"
Stay with me for awhile now on this.
Don't slip off because I start the thread for YOU.

T

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"The fact is the Bible is widely open to interpretation because it is a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions."

The real fact is that it is man that "contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions."

You believe a lie. When you disparage God's Word in such a w ...[text shortened]... ithering mouthpiece, I have never done any such thing. Prove otherwise or shut your lying mouth.[/b]
Read the entirety of what I wrote about you:
"Josephw is a conservative. He believes in conservative causes and its politics. He has attempted to justify and reconcile his conservative political agenda with his so-called Christian beliefs without regard for the clear teachings of the scriptures."

Now read what you wrote about Suzianne:
"Suzianne is a liberal. She believes in liberal causes and its politics. She has attempted to justify and reconcile her liberal political agenda with her so-called Christian beliefs without regard for the clear teachings of the scriptures."

I simply echoed back to you, what you wrote about her. If each of you were to make your best case, I'd put my money on Suzianne.

The reason that such widely differing views can both be based on the Bible was explained as follows:
"The fact is the Bible is widely open to interpretation because it is a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. It is what it is. As such, people end up choosing verses and passages that support their beliefs and end up dismissing those that don't. If you can be honest with yourself, you know that this is true."

You believe a lie. When you disparage God's Word in such a way you are calling God a liar, and because you don't realize that's what you're doing tells me you're void of The Truth.

Actually I believe that you are unable to be honest with yourself.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Jan 17

He who speaks does not know. He who knows does not speak.
Jackie Chan

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Read the entirety of what I wrote about you:
"Josephw is a conservative. He believes in conservative causes and its politics. He has attempted to justify and reconcile his conservative political agenda with his so-called Christian beliefs without regard for the clear teachings of the scriptures."

Now read what you wrote about Suzianne:
"Suzianne is a ...[text shortened]... 're void of The Truth.

Actually I believe that you are unable to be honest with yourself.[/b]
"Actually I believe that you are unable to be honest with yourself."

And YOU are just unable to be honest.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jan 17

He who speaks does not know. He who knows does not speak.
Jackie Chan
Keep talking then 😀

T

Moves
31 Jan 17

[b]"Actually I believe that you are unable to be honest with yourself."

And YOU are just unable to be honest.[/b]
The fact is the Bible is widely open to interpretation because it is a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. It is what it is. As such, people end up choosing verses and passages that support their beliefs and end up dismissing those that don't. If you can be honest with yourself, you know that this is true

E

Moves
31 Jan 17

The fact is the Bible is widely open to interpretation because it is a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. It is what it is. As such, people end up choosing verses and passages that support their beliefs and end up dismissing those that don't. If you can be honest with yourself, you know that this is true
I think what you are saying speaks more about you than the Bible.

T

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
I think what you are saying speaks more about you than the Bible.
What exactly do you think it says about me?

E

Moves
31 Jan 17

What exactly do you think it says about me?
That you reject the truth of the Bible and are a child of Satan

F

Moves
31 Jan 17

That you reject the truth of the Bible and are a child of Satan
Are you calling him "a child of Satan" because he suggested that you "be honest with yourself" or because of some specific doctrinal issue?

E

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
Are you calling him "a child of Satan" because he suggested that you "be honest with yourself" or because of some specific doctrinal issue?
Because of his view of the Bible, and because he asked.

Now I have answered your question.

F

Moves
31 Jan 17

Because of his view of the Bible, and because he asked.
What biblical support do you have for calling him "a child of Satan"?

E

Moves
31 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
What biblical support do you have for calling him "a child of Satan"?
Only one question. I am not Fetch.