1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The case of abortion its done in the name of human rights in my opinion.
    Those who call abortion 'human rights' are logically impaired.

http://genfringe.com/2014/02/body-choice/
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 11:58
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Those who call abortion 'human rights' are logically impaired.

http://genfringe.com/2014/02/body-choice/
    The sad thing is scripture teaches us that God formed us in our mother's womb, He has
    plans for each and everyone of us. So when people are killed off that early in life it makes
    me wonder what was taken from us? Was it a doctor, a researcher, teacher, paramedic,
    and so on. Someone who could of preformed a surgery that may have saved a loved one,
    a teacher who could have made a difference in another's life?

As one person death is a great loss, the millions taken before they were even allowed
    a breath is just so beyond the word sad.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 15:55
    The sad thing is scripture teaches us that God formed us in our mother's womb, He has
    plans for each and everyone of us. So when people are killed off that early in life it makes
    me wonder what was taken from us? Was it a doctor, a researcher, teacher, paramedic,
    and so on. Someone who could of preformed a surgery that may have saved a loved one,
    a teac ...[text shortened]... loss, the millions taken before they were even allowed
    a breath is just so beyond the word sad.
    What, for example, about the health of a mother who is unlikely to survive childbirth? (as a result of a serious health issue). Are God's plans for the unborn more important than his plan's for the mother?

As I say, more complex than how you present it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '17 01:24
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    What, for example, about the health of a mother who is unlikely to survive childbirth? (as a result of a serious health issue). Are God's plans for the unborn more important than his plan's for the mother?

What about it? Was there ever a time they said she must die so the child lives? You are avoiding a "right to an abortion" for any reason as a "right" which was what I was referring to.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '17 01:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

I believe we are over 50M abortions since this medical procedure has been been made a right. Religion will take a back seat to progressive liberal views before its all said and done.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:34
    I believe we are over 50M abortions since this medical procedure has been been made a right. Religion will take a back seat to progressive liberal views before its all said and done.
    Never mind that the purpose of my thread was to show that Christianity and liberalism can co-exist. Way to miss the point.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 09:34
    Kudos. My sentiments exactly, but that's not why I applaud this list. I can nitpick on this, that, and the other thing, but this addresses the root of what I think makes a good spiritual core. It doesn't have to be Christianity or any other religion, specifically - it's whatever label one chooses to recognize a good person.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 12:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Never mind that the purpose of my thread was to show that Christianity and liberalism can co-exist. Way to miss the point.
    I would not want to define liberalism as supporting over 50 million abortions.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:221 edit
    When God got to the point of punishing the whole nation of Israel He said He would do so to both the righteous man and the wicked.

" And say to the land of Israel, This says Jehovah, I am now against you, and I will draw My sword out of its sheath, and I will cut off from you the righteous man and the wicked." (Ezek. 21:3)

He also seems to say He will punish them whether they go to the right or the left !

"Gather yourself up, go to the right; set yourself, go to the left, to wherever your edge is appointed." (Ezek. 21:16)

He was talking about the edge of the sword.
    In national judgment this is something to think about.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:46
    You miss your mark.

Rightly you claim a person can claim to be a christian. ....
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 04:281 edit
    If abortion is murder I don't see how.

What does your church teach about abortion?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 04:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    If abortion is murder I don't see how.

What does your church teach about abortion?
    Apparently Suzianne's church teaches that you can interpret the scriptures any which way you want as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifestyle.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Apparently Suzianne's church teaches that you can interpret the scriptures any which way you want as long as it doesn't interfere with your lifestyle.
    No, I don't think she saying that.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 16:112 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    No, because if you interpret them to mean that abortion is murder you are flat out wrong, and probably going to hell.

I think you will find that tolerance is usually always a one way street while one or both parties champions themselves as open minded and forgiving as a nice self righteous gesture.

It reminds me of the Pope saying that anyone who builds walls is going to hell. However, when it comes to stopping abortion he is mysteriously silent on the issue. The Pope should at least have the courtesy of coming out and saying abortion is not really murder, or he should resign himself to shame like the Catholic church that remained silent during the Holocaust.

Strange how history repeats itself.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 17:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, because if you interpret them to mean that abortion is murder you are flat out wrong, and probably going to hell.

I think you will find that tolerance is usually always a one way street while one or both parties champions themselves as open minded and forgiving as a nice self righteous gesture.

It reminds me of the Pope saying that anyone who builds ...[text shortened]... atholic church that remained silent during the Holocaust.

Strange how history repeats itself.
    A wall, as in the wall that surrounds the Vatican?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree