1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 21:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Tell me, what book or what story isn't open to interpretation based on how a person wishes to look at it.
    Especially "a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions"?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 21:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]It just seems that your above words, along with your "reasonable" article suggest that the Bible is littered with flaws and contradictions, but are somehow excluding the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from criticism.

You are mistaken. No idea how you read that into what was said in the article or especially anything that I've said.[/b]
    Are you now saying that flaws and contradictions exist in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Which contain the words of Jesus?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Are you now saying that flaws and contradictions exist in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Which contain the words of Jesus?

Did I ever say that they don't? Your question seems to imply that I did. If you think I did, then cite the posts.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 01:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Especially "a metaphorical and esoteric work that contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions"?
    No
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Feb '17 02:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And if you would read what I wrote without inherent bias, I don't define liberalism that way.
    If I am to take the views posted on abortion, I don't see that as an acknowledgement of the
    loss of human life. It is all about someone other than the one whose life is ending by that
    medical practice. So bias aside, I'll let you clear that up for me if I'm wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree