Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The bible is not more authoritative than Christ.
Pointless thing to say seeing that Jesus is God and he is the author of the Word of God.

Besides that you're blatantly wrong.

Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

2 Peter 1:17-19
For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(Italics mine)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Feb 22
3 edits

@pb1022 said
Can you cite anything in the Holy Bible that is not absolutely true, morally right, totally accurate, etc.?

If the Bible was written by men under the inspiration, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit - and I believe it was due to accurate prophecies and scientific facts that were thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time - wouldn’t it have to be the criteria you listed?
Stoning to death of disobedient children.. Not morally the correct thing to do. The bible is simply a record of what was done in those times. It is not a rule book for morally correct actions. The rulebook for morally correct action is only from the mouth of Jesus Christ.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 KJV)

If you think that was morally correct then you are a badly screwed up person.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
Pointless thing to say seeing that Jesus is God and he is the author of the Word of God.

Besides that you're blatantly wrong.

Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

2 Peter 1:17-19
For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when ...[text shortened]... shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(Italics mine)
Jesus is the Son of God.
Let me know if you want the references
There is no reference in the bible that says Jesus is God.
That doctrine is a fabrication of stupid, morally corrupt church' people

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@fmf said
The first thing that snapped for me was the veracity of the Book of Revelation. It just seemed bogus and manipulative. The second thing to snap was the whole Paul thing. That then just seemed bogus and manipulative too. Then I lost my belief in the Gospel of John and started to see that as bogus and manipulative as well. And that was that, really. It took sbout five years Some nice messages in the gospels. But my faith was lost.
It's the one book of the Bible Jesus personally dictated to John.

You've been snapped for sure.

Your word against God's. We'll see how that turns out won't we?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Do you have a reply to my question?
No way Jose.

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
Psalm 119:89
For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalm 12:6,7
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Matthew 5:18
"Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all ...[text shortened]... b 22:12
The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
Yes yes I get all that, thanks.

Which of those scriptures, if any, which were written thousands of years before the compilation of the Bible we have today, indicate that this book is entirely accurate, entirely true, entirely moral and with no mistakes etc?

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said

Without the veracity, inerrancy, infallibility and immutability of the Word of God it's just a crap shoot and nothing can be believed.
The whole point here is asking how do you know that the contemporary Bible IS in its entirety, the “word of God”?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Stoning to death of disobedient children.. Not morally the correct thing to do. The bible is simply a record of what was done in those times. It is not a rule book for morally correct actions. The rulebook for morally correct action is only from the mouth of Jesus Christ.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the v ...[text shortened]... 21:18-21 KJV)

If you think that was morally correct then you are a badly screwed up person.
Maybe you shouldn’t take everything in the Holy Bible at such a superficial level.

<<a. A stubborn and rebellious son: This does not mean a small child, or even a young teen – but a son past the age of accountability, who sets himself in determined rebellion against his father and mother.

b. Who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them: The parents must have done a good job raising the son, calling him to obedience, and chastening him as appropriate before the LORD.

c. Bring him out to the elders of his city: Such a stubborn and rebellious son was to be put on trial before the elders of the city. If they determine him to be chronically rebellious, then the son was to be stoned to death.

i. It is important to note that the parents could not, by themselves, execute this penalty. They had to bring the son on trial before impartial judges. This is in contrast to ancient Greek and Roman law, which gave fathers the absolute right of life or death over their children. This was a control of parental authority more than it was an exercise of it.

ii. The parents had to take the boy to the elders of the community; not only because the decision of life or death should be taken out of their direct hands, but because the guilt of the stubborn and rebellious son was not only against his parents, but against the whole community. He sowed the seeds for cultural suicide in Israel.

d. And all Israel shall hear and fear: This law was clearly intended to protect the social order of ancient Israel. No society can endure when the young are allowed to make war against the old.

i. Perhaps just the presence of this law was deterrent enough; we never have a Scriptural example of a son being stoned to death because he was a stubborn and rebellious son.

ii. “Yet the Jews say this law was never put into practice, and therefore it might be made for terror and prevention, and to render the authority of parents more sacred and powerful.” (Poole)

iii. “Stoning was the punishment appointed for blasphemers and idolaters; which if it seem severe, it is to be considered that parents are in God’s stead, and entrusted in good measure with his authority over their children; and that families are the matter and foundation of the church and commonwealth, and they who are naughty members and rebellious children in them, do commonly prove the bane and plague of these, and therefore no wonder if they are nipped in the bud.” (Poole)

iv. “If such a law were in force now, and duly executed, how many deaths of disobedient and profligate children would there be in all corners of the land!” (Clarke)>>

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/deuteronomy-21/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
The whole point here is asking how do you know that the contemporary Bible IS in its entirety, the “word of God”?
You’ve gone from trashing the Name of Jesus Christ to trashing the Holy Bible.

I guess you really aren’t a Christian but are a Muslim cleric as you said just the other day.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@fmf said
You have called the doctrine I'm referring to as "mud".
".., you will face inexpicably cruel violence."

I'm calling your mischaracterization of the truth of God's Word mud slinging.

You know it's true that you slung the mud by your disdain and contempt against something the Bible says because you don't believe in the just retribution God will bring on an unbelieving world.

Just be honest and admit it. If you have the courage.

F

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
It's the one book of the Bible Jesus personally dictated to John.
I don't believe it.

F

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
I'm calling your mischaracterization of the truth of God's Word mud slinging.
Have some courage. Confront the posters who propagate the doctrine.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Yes yes I get all that, thanks.

Which of those scriptures, if any, which were written thousands of years before the compilation of the Bible we have today, indicate that this book is entirely accurate, entirely true, entirely moral and with no mistakes etc?
I would direct your attention to one Robert Dick Wilson. You won't find a more authoritative person with regards to your OP.

https://tms.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/tmsj19e.pdf

Only 16 pages. Very interesting, but if you don't want to read it, then by all means continue in your denial.

If you should actually read it you might want to follow up with Ivan Panin. Most interesting.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Years and years of reading and studying both the Bible and many books about the Bible. It is absolutely 100% reliable cover to cover.

You might find "Final Authority" by William P. Grady a useful resource.

Über-Nerd

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Yours is a valid point, however I am not specifically looking to disobey.

But I am questioning because some stuff just isn’t morally defensible and I simply cannot swallow it.
This is a point I have made countless times in other threads here, but I guess it has to be repeated yet again. The Bible is a snapshot in time, frozen at the 4th c. Not everything in it is morally defensible now; there are things in it no sane person, Christian or otherwise, should believe or put into practise. (Ex. 22:18 a case in point -- despite what Jesus said, namely, "not one jot of the law shall pass away...", meaning the Jewish law, of which Exodus formed a part, no sane person, Christian or otherwise, should believe or implement Ex. 22:18).

This is where Protestantism on the one hand, and Catholicism and Russian/Greek Orthodoxy on the other hand, part ways: he who follows only the Scripture, by his own lights, is stuck outside in the cold reading the menu and missing the dinner party within. Revelation did not stop at the 4th c. -- God's Will for man continues to be revealed, through Apostolic Succession. Only by partaking of the continuing revelation, beyond what was frozen in the 4th c., can one be assured of doing God's Will in the present. And that means, only by partaking of the Churches which can trace their lineages back to one of the Twelve.

This is not my personal opinion; it has been official doctrine since the time of the Apostles.