Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@divegeester said
A short article on Biblical inerrancy:

[i]”The Bible itself does not claim to be inerrant. Perhaps the closest the Bible comes to claiming to be without error is in a New Testament letter known as 2 Timothy 3:16. In this letter, the apostle Paul states that “all scripture is inspired and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in right ...[text shortened]... i]

https://theconversation.com/what-is-biblical-inerrancy-a-new-testament-scholar-explains-163613
<<In this letter, the apostle Paul states that “all scripture is inspired and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” In other words, the Bible is God’s authoritative instruction for the church.>>

How odd that your source would misquote that verse by taking God out of the verse.

Here’s the verse in the KJV:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”

(2 Timothy 3:16)

Other translations say all scripture is “God breathed.”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
I’m not doing that.
You asked the question of how one would demonstrate that the Holy Bible was 100% accurate, factual and without error and I was answering that question.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Why not ask them to identify a single inaccuracy, false statement or error in the Holy Bible?

Then point out the scientific facts in the Holy Bible that were thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time and the accuracy of Messianic (and other) prophecies.
The Bible is absolutely riddled with inaccuracies, false statements, contradictions and errors. These have been identified ad infinitum in previous threads.

And the claim that the Bible was thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time is utter nonsense. Laughable even. The same goes for your Messianic prophecies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The Bible is absolutely riddled with inaccuracies, false statements, contradictions and errors. These have been identified ad infinitum in previous threads.

And the claim that the Bible was thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time is utter nonsense. Laughable even. The same goes for your Messianic prophecies.
I accept some translations are better than others, and the scriptures are filled with many things that people say and do, and as such, there will always be a matter of garbage coming out of their mouths. Someone who wants an excuse will find one to throw it out; it is what people do with everything we would like to see invalidated; finding any reason to it, and it doesn't even have to be a big reason.

F

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I accept some translations are better than others, and the scriptures are filled with many things that people say and do, and as such, there will always be a matter of garbage coming out of their mouths.
Interesting. Are the "worse" and "better" versions of the Bible a matter of personal opinion on your part? And what are some examples of "garbage" in the Bible?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@fmf said
Interesting. Are the "worse" and "better" versions of the Bible a matter of personal opinion on your part? And what are some examples of "garbage" in the Bible?
When people lie and do all manner of evil things, evil as defined by the rest of the Word of God.

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I accept some translations are better than others
What are you basing this acceptance on and I presume the translation which you read also happens to be the one you think is best and mostly closely aligns with your version of the narrative?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@divegeester said
What are you basing this acceptance on and I presume the translation which you read also happens to be the one you think is best and mostly closely aligns with your version of the narrative?
I read several for that reason; even my favorite verse in the scriptures is translated differently from one translation to another.

F

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I read several for that reason; even my favorite verse in the scriptures is translated differently from one translation to another.
So, are the "worse" and "better" translations a matter of personal opinion on your part?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

<<The Bible is absolutely riddled with inaccuracies, false statements, contradictions and errors. These have been identified ad infinitum in previous threads.>>

Post one.

<<And the claim that the Bible was thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time is utter nonsense. Laughable even.>>

I asked you once if you would watch a 10-minute YouTube video that shows 10 scientific facts in the Holy Bible that were thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time, and you said you wouldn’t.

Why not? Happy to remain ignorant?

<<The same goes for your Messianic prophecies.>>

You saying something doesn’t make it so. Especially because you’re wrong quite often.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
When people lie and do all manner of evil things, evil as defined by the rest of the Word of God.
How is that garbage?

That’s presenting facts as they happened.

You would prefer a sanitized version of man’s history?

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
<<The Bible is absolutely riddled with inaccuracies, false statements, contradictions and errors. These have been identified ad infinitum in previous threads.>>

Post one.
Okay. There is no evidence the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. (Rendering the entire story of Exodus a work of fiction). At the very best it was mythologized history.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Okay. There is no evidence the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. (Rendering the entire story of Exodus a work of fiction). At the very best it was mythologized history.
So saying there is no evidence that Jews were enslaved in Egypt is the same as saying it didn’t happen?

I doubt anyone could find evidence I washed my car on a summer day 10 years ago. Does that mean I didn’t do it?

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So saying there is no evidence that Jews were enslaved in Egypt is the same as saying it didn’t happen?

I doubt anyone could find evidence I washed my car on a summer day 10 years ago. Does that mean I didn’t do it?
You're missing the point. If the events described in Exodus had taken place there 'would' be evidence recorded elsewhere, outside of the Bible. Don't you think?

Moves
08 Feb 22

Frantic Googling can be heard in the PB1002 household...